Non-O Multi in Old Passport + New passport, for new 90 day entry stamp in just bring both passports?

I have a one year multiple entry Non-O visa in my old passport which has been cancelled out. I have my new passport as well and I'm due to exit the country for another 90 day entry stamp in a week or so. I assume I am just supposed to bring both passports with me to show to immigration and that if all goes normally they will put my exit stamps in the new passport and then I go on to Laos immigration (Savanakhet) do the usual visa application, fees, etc. and then upon re-entering Thailand again just show them both passports once again and get another 90 day entry stamp in the new passport, or no? Can anyone on here confirm that or is there something or some things I've missed?

Also, if you have had any hitches due to having to use two passports or met with border immigration officials who have tried to exploit the double passport situation, I'm all ears and eyes. Best to come prepared with a strategy in the case of any shennangins.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Nothing else I need to do for immigration, other than bring the two passports correct?

No just use both passports, Sometimes immigration will say something about that this should not be done.

But it is completely legal and the whole visa duration can be used with both passports.

• Like 1

I think you need to fill out the "TRANSFER STAMP TO NEW PASSPORT form" you can download the form http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

just be prepare the form, so you wont be filling out the forms when your at the border or immigration office which will save you a lot of time thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

The form is not needed when leaving the country. They only stamp that is transferred is the entry/permit to stay stamp.

• Like 1

Nothing else I need to do for immigration, other than bring the two passports correct?

No just use both passports, Sometimes immigration will say something about that this should not be done.

But it is completely legal and the whole visa duration can be used with both passports.

Yes, I fully expect I may meet someone who is going to grumble and make up rules that I didn't follow as has happened a few times before. Perhaps I can print some statements from the U.S. Embassy web page or wherever about the procedure and its legality and show it to them if they insist I am going about things the wrong way and try and cause a problem. I may call the US embassy and ask what they suggest to stymie any stunts that might be used to grease my palm or what have you.

Though to be fair, 90 percent of the time, albeit with one passport, not two, entry/exit point immigration officers have been polite, efficient and done their job without hassle. Always going to be a few bad apples.

Thanks all, much appreciated.

Yes, I fully expect I may meet someone who is going to grumble and make up rules that I didn't follow as has happened a few times before. Perhaps I can print some statements from the U.S. Embassy web page or wherever about the procedure and its legality and show it to them if they insist I am going about things the wrong way and try and cause a problem. I may call the US embassy and ask what they suggest to stymie any stunts that might be used to grease my palm or what have you.

Though to be fair, 90 percent of the time, albeit with one passport, not two, entry/exit point immigration officers have been polite, efficient and done their job without hassle. Always going to be a few bad apples.

Thanks all, much appreciated.

No Need to do all that work.

It is legal and if a immigration is doing difficult just ignore it and wait for your passport. ( they will not stop you )