Three European tourists beaten by Pattaya bouncers

webfact

The chaotic scene uncovered 3 foreign patrons, who are members of a Motorbike Club and refused to give Police their names or nationalities. -

none of them look over 50 - I wonder what their visa status is whistling.gif

So, they said, "We're not telling you are names or nationalities, but we are members of a motorcycle club"?

A lot of ignorance and wrong information being spouted on this thread. I know exactly what happened and situation but as I live here I am not at liberty to reveal everything. Suffice to say don't believe what 99% of what is being said about the situation regarding the individuals or the rules and laws being enforced yesterday. Lots of false and inaccurate information.

Include this post into the 99% too, eh? Yeah, I know, but if I told you, I'd have to . . . .

• Like 1

Look at these thugs, yurk ! no sympathy from me.

Pattaya is crowded with this kind of violent, alcoholic, aggressive, macho scum and they can rot in jail for all I care.

Edited by Yann55

Do you suppose...maybe ..there was cheap alcohol, floozy women and testosterone fueled emotions involved.

I was wondering!

Cheers

I'm wondering if you've ever set foot in a go-go.

For the record...not that many times actually...only about 2000 times since 1979 to 2015

I do not drink alcohol while I do not go with the floozy Go Go girls, only the quality Go Go girls.... while I always contain my testosterone based emotions and never get into an argument or fight in any Go Go bars while I purposely avoid associating with drunken brawlers .....LOL

Cheers and have yourself a nice day.

Nice. Your a lover, not a fighter. I Like.

Off you go to the monkey house. Probably not the first time they try to go to the detention center - I hope they like the jail facilities in Thailand.

Only pathetic losers starts a bar fight.

"Off you go to the monkey house... pathetic losers'?? Oooh get you! Maybe it was just such terribly hurtful slights which started it all off in the first place! Only so much a man can take, you know!!.. just hope the poor lads didn't have raspberries blown at them and folks pulling gern-faces and shouting 'Nuuuuuurrrrrrr!' down the street as they rode off in the back of the pickup!.. by the way, pick any other good ones up in the schoolyard today? tongue.pnggiggle.gifwai.gif

A lot of ignorance and wrong information being spouted on this thread. I know exactly what happened and situation but as I live here I am not at liberty to reveal everything. Suffice to say don't believe what 99% of what is being said about the situation regarding the individuals or the rules and laws being enforced yesterday. Lots of false and inaccurate information.

are you saying the news articles are reporting lies?

I live here too - until you're prepared to elaborate on your deliberately vague assertion all we have to go on is the media reports and the photos. For TVers, its all 'he said, she said' and I've yet to see PattayaOne print a retraction or an apologiy - happy to hear otherwise.

Off you go to the monkey house. Probably not the first time they try to go to the detention center - I hope they like the jail facilities in Thailand.

Only pathetic losers starts a bar fight.

"Off you go to the monkey house... pathetic losers'?? Oooh get you! Maybe it was just such terribly hurtful slights which started it all off in the first place! Only so much a man can take, you know!!.. just hope the poor lads didn't have raspberries blown at them and folks pulling gern-faces and shouting 'Nuuuuuurrrrrrr!' down the street as they rode off in the back of the pickup!.. by the way, pick any other good ones up in the schoolyard today? tongue.pnggiggle.gifwai.gif

Yeah - pathetic losers. End of story.

I see that some of the usual TV "Thai beating crew" are having difficulty understanding the article, or don't give a damn about the facts as long as they can criticize the Thais (security).

The 3 foreigners (perhaps slightly intoxicated) were in a "heated argument" with other patrons.

The manager tried to calm the situation.

The manager was punched in the face.

THEN

The security staff did their job protecting the manager and quite possibly other patrons from the 3 foreigners.

What the hell were they supposed to do? Let the three get away with it simply because they are tourists?

It seems to me that its a case of stirring up some trouble, losing and then crying about the outcome.

If you want to play hard, live with the consequences.

Still, it's the manager , the british owner that should be blamed .

The club was open too late and it was an alcohol ban that day . He pushed his luck and now he will pay the price. Probably some tea money will fix it but I think he deserved that punch in his face.

High chance of trouble finding you if you are still drinking after 2am in Pattaya.

Nah. It's a 24 hour party town. Only get trouble if you go looking for it. We don't usually hit the street till 11pm or midnight. The people who want to be tucked up in bed early are scaredy cats, panty waists and mummy's boys....It's holiday and party time. Don't worry about trouble.
  • Like 2

Ah, Mr. Kingsnorth, the Australian Taxation Office calling.

Why ? He clearly lives in Thailand and makes his money here - by my reckoning, that means he pays his taxes to the Thais. If you're referring to any OAP he might be receiving from Oz, surely that's between him and Centrelink : its means tested, but given that people still get a large chunk of it despite owning very expensive homes I dont begrudge him the life of a go-go bar owner in Thailand.

There was a pic in Khaosod of the 3 heavily tattooed men, one with a mohican, being taken away in a police pick up truck to the monkey house. Didn't state what nationality they were.

0G7CJLh.jpg

Skandys!!!!!!

I see that some of the usual TV "Thai beating crew" are having difficulty understanding the article, or don't give a damn about the facts as long as they can criticize the Thais (security).

The 3 foreigners (perhaps slightly intoxicated) were in a "heated argument" with other patrons.

THEN

The security staff did their job protecting the manager and quite possibly other patrons from the 3 foreigners.

What the hell were they supposed to do? Let the three get away with it simply because they are tourists?

It seems to me that its a case of stirring up some trouble, losing and then crying about the outcome.

The club was open too late and it was an alcohol ban that day . He pushed his luck and now he will pay the price. Probably some tea money will fix it but I think he deserved that punch in his face.

And just where does it say that the manager is British? Also, he was trying to diffuse the situation, and you say that a 71 year old man deserved the punch in the face from one of those thugs - you are obviously from a caring background!

• Like 1

THEN

The Australian Manager of the bar, Mr. Ronald Kingsnorth aged 71, was also injured as he approached the men and attempted to diffuse the situation.

i'm sorry I missed it, although I don't go out to gogo bars looking for a fight myself of course, I would have jumped at this opportunity to come to the manager's help, I respect old men, I like Showgirls and I hate bikers like these.

Just to many bad images from Pattaya ....

There is no "smoke with no fire"

To many customers are cheated in "Go Go" bars (including me)

No wander "Europeans" got angry and all this argue.....

Unfortunately security guards are the tool for management hence law always must be on the bar side...laugh.png

Just how many times you were overcharged for price of beer when on the entry ladies are advertising beer for 66bht to later on(just 20 min) be charged 120bht...????

Thing only is; that I paid 120bht and telling management that it is misleading what they are doing and leaving bar in protest without argue.

To be honest when last time I visited Chang Mai it happened to me too and even in the same scenario manager got very angry when I was leaving and I saw security guards just ready to kick me out .

I was just smiling ironically to the the manager and it was also not very well taken...

I did found many occasions when Thai gor very angry when dealing with him and proving that he is trying to cheat me....

That's another face of some Thai's....

"Europeans" just had their lesson what not to do......in such situations....

In LOS you may need a dentist in some situations..giggle.gif

coffee1.gif

Anytime we enter a go go or a bar full of pretty girls that sit, chat, flirt, dance ,entertain, serve us, in any way we old codgers should know there is no such thing as a 66 baht beer. If we expect a 66 baht beer even if the advert says so it is because we are not very experienced or simply a tight arse! I only go when I'm wedged up and the bill is what it is which usually makes for an extremely good night.

I don't know why these blokes got a slap but punching a 71 year old is pretty low. They will have time to think about it now.

THEN

No argument from me mate, but you and I both know there are only two kinds of people on TV - bashers and apologists, at least in the eyes of some here. They're out to fix the world, one keystroke at a time, and I'm afraid that's not going to change. My personal favorite is a perennial here - 'What would these cowards do if we all got together and fought back ?' : ironic that in this case it would appear that the Thais did precisely that, admittedly with the numbers on their side. Have a look at the three individuals in the back of that truck and ask yourself how many TV warriors would be prepared to wade in when our biker friends were in full aggro-ant mode at 3:30am ? They had no problems punching a 71-year old in the mouth - I doubt they would have had any qualms with the rest of us. This is one instance where I'm glad the Thais got serious with a group of punters - I expect the bikers may have their own side of the story but at this stage it would appear they are up a very smelly creek without a paddle. Yet another example where losing it with the Thais gets you nowhere - the last thing I want to experience here is regaining consciousness in a cell knowing my life is in the hands of the RTP and the Thai justice system.

I have to agree. I once had a rather large, and not exceptionally bright, expat flip out because his ex-girlfriend took a liking to me. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, this drunk loser was dragging me across the floor by the throat. If it were not for the quick response of security, I surely would have been hospitalized for doing nothing other than sitting at a table and being approached by a girl. I was very grateful to say the least.

There is no doubt that many party venues in Thailand attract folks whose anger management needs help, and is made worse by intoxication. If it were not for the Thai security, things would often get out of hand. I have never seen a case of Thai security being anything short of professional (I know there are exceptions), and many cases of them performing their jobs well. They exist for good reason, and I for one respect them.

• Like 1

A 71 year old go-go manager, what a retirement job, eh.

Certainly more exciting than sitting in a small dull British (or French, or Italian, or German) town, growing tomatoes in the garden, watching soap operas on TV 10 hrs a day and waiting for your last day to approach....

Edited by siam2007
  • Like 2

It's seems the media and everyone with a keyboard has really blown this one the wrong way totally.

I've seen these guys around the bar scene and they never make trouble or have problems. Most times I have seen them there is a lot of guys but always having fun and don't bully people. Actually spoke to the on an occasion and realised they were nice guys, they even bought me a drink!

Just because your big and covered with tattoos doesn't mean your a bad person.

The scumbag security mobbing a group of westerners, as that's the only way they can, believe me, is the real story here.

• Like 2