no traffic chaos - can you believe?

prk888

drove north from Makro at about 0800 to BPH/Honda and with very few lights or turns to worry about the early morning traffic just flowed eerily easily. What a change and how refreshing ! Normally 20 minutes and this time about 10. Lucky or what?

pray tell me what do Wednesdays, weekends, public holidays, a drive south for lunch at Bang Saray, and heavy traffic going east-west today have to do with my original specific post about less traffic lights and less turns on Sukhumvit during a normal rush hour drive northwards ?

The alcohol-free public holidays are far and away the best days in Pattaya.

No people, no cars, no bars.

Delightful.

I don't know where in Pattaya you are, but the roads around 2nd, 3rd, Klang, Tai, Thepparsit and Sukhumvit have been horrendous all day!

Delightful.

I don't know where in Pattaya you are, but the roads around 2nd, 3rd, Klang, Tai, Thepparsit and Sukhumvit have been horrendous all day!

I'm near Jomtien Complex and yesterday evening there was hardly a soul or a car on the streets. Reminded me of when they had the 10pm curfew last year, which was also really nice.

Delightful.

I'm near Jomtien Complex and yesterday evening there was hardly a soul or a car on the streets. Reminded me of when they had the 10pm curfew last year, which was also really nice.

Took me ages to drive back from Central Festival to soi Korpai and Sukhumvit was jammed in the afternoon. Should have gone to Jomtien!

Today, Sukhumvit jammed from North Road southbound. Beach-bound North Road itself was jammed the whole length.

Nern Pub Wan west-bound was very busy, unlike the last few days. Interestingly, the southbound railway bypass road from NPW was almost empty.

At night, after 9 pm, Suk is not at all busy southbound from NPW. Pretty much every night I've been out.

Today, Sukhumvit jammed from North Road southbound. Beach-bound North Road itself was jammed the whole length.

Nern Pub Wan west-bound was very busy, unlike the last few days. Interestingly, the southbound railway bypass road from NPW was almost empty.

At night, after 9 pm, Suk is not at all busy southbound from NPW. Pretty much every night I've been out.

I have found that the bulk of the traffic turns right off Highway 7 onto Sukhumvit and then left up Nua. It's been far quicker to turn left and go all the way south on Sukhumvit to the last u-turn before Tai and come into town on Soi Batman/Kopai. Brings you out on Third near where Excite used to be which is perfect for Soi Lengkee onto Buakhao and into the parking at the Avenue.

They may need to do something about all the dickheads coming down the Highway 7 spur that refuse to get in line for the 2 right-turn lanes and end up cutting in, causing even more of a tailback and taking up one of the left-turn lanes as well. The buses are the worst offenders (as usual).

I have found that the bulk of the traffic turns right off Highway 7 onto Sukhumvit and then left up Nua. It's been far quicker to turn left and go all the way south on Sukhumvit to the last u-turn before Tai and come into town on Soi Batman/Kopai. Brings you out on Third near where Excite used to be which is perfect for Soi Lengkee onto Buakhao and into the parking at the Avenue.

They may need to do something about all the dickheads coming down the Highway 7 spur that refuse to get in line for the 2 right-turn lanes and end up cutting in, causing even more of a tailback and taking up one of the left-turn lanes as well. The buses are the worst offenders (as usual).

I agree with the buses they need to get something in place and ban the bigger buses out of town now. let them park outside or town and have them brought in with baht buses or mini buses. Thse large buses are now everywhere over town in the smallest Sois and block the entire Sukhumvit both ways trying to make U-Turns same on the railroad bypass its a mess with those buses.

• Like 2