Police chief transfers Suvarnabhumi airport immigration chief

webfact

"...However the spokesman denied this saying the immigration chief had only wanted to greet a senior official who had boarded a THAI plane..."

They need to train these PR spin doctors to do a better job. That excuse is pretty lame.

Yeah you wouldn't want these blokes as your defence lawyer would you?

" Your Honour my client didn't kill his wife because she burnt his dinner. He killed her because she didn't cut the crusts off his sandwiches"

Edited by mca

How lucky he is...... being transfered to an inactive post, getting the full salary until forever, and not have to work a single minute for the rest of his life...... The Kingdom of Smiles, where crime, dishonesty and abuse of power by government officials are being rewarded wai2.gif

"However the spokesman denied this saying the immigration chief had only wanted to greet a senior official who had boarded a THAI plane."

A:That wasn't the original explanation given.

B:If its true (and I have my doubts) does the spokesperson really think this excuse is an acceptable reason to delay any flights?

Well maybe both statements where right coffee1.gif

Could easily be that his wife is this "Senior Official" too as that is a fairly normal

practice in Thailand, to engage as many family members as possible, especially

if it's taxpayers money they earn.

• Like 1

"However the spokesman denied this saying the immigration chief had only wanted to greet a senior official who had boarded a THAI plane."

I don't understand why the head of immigration police at the airport didn't have security clearance to go to any gate he wanted.

• Like 1

I don't understand why the head of immigration police at the airport didn't have security clearance to go to any gate he wanted.

NOW ....................that is the answer that the PR guy should have given.

• Like 1

ok thinking out loud and highly speculative

not being allowed to go somewhere in an airport airside sounds more like a security issue, maybe he tried to bypass security checks "do you know who I am" shouldn't and doesn't work in an airport for obvious reasons and is not something anyone would want made public if indeed I am right

NOW ....................that is the answer that the PR guy should have given.

He can try this line at an Air Force Base as well ?

I wonder how many people can job share an inactive post?
Will Pol Maj Gen Suwichpol Imchairat share the same inactive post with
Sombat Chatchaiwaiyawit or will he get his own inactivity?

Are there specific Immigration ministries offering Inactive Posts?
Maybe the government should consider to open a bigger department,
offering more inactive posts as
soon, there will be no immigration people
sitting around in active posts at Suvarnabhumi anymore.

Can farang be employed in an inactive post and would we need a work visa for it?

...........let me get this right.....20 planes left on average 10 minutes late? So someone complained? Gee, in one of the largest operating airports in the world, would love to get most of their planes off flying in one hours time. I believe by now all is forgotten. Mrs. Shmuckenbutt still made it on time to have tea in Hamburg with the Tip Toe Teenyweene Ballarinee Show Case. Rodger Rumface was on time for gathering of who will be

the Pole Barrens for the late Sumo a 1180 pound Wrestler of the Oreo tribe.......does anyone really give a rats ass over a ten minute delay?

But it was just all a big misunderstanding.

2 posts - 2 misunderstandings - once to see his wife off, and once to greet a "senior official"!

Yes, "worse things have happened at sea", but nice to see someone that has got too big for his boots to be given a slap down!

By the way, does "inactive post" mean he just has to sit on his backside all day and do nothing, but still get paid for it?

(Granted, his "tea money" might take a drop!)

Sounds like the UK suspending unruly kids from school - unofficial additional holiday!

ok thinking out loud and highly speculative

not being allowed to go somewhere in an airport airside sounds more like a security issue, maybe he tried to bypass security checks "do you know who I am" shouldn't and doesn't work in an airport for obvious reasons and is not something anyone would want made public if indeed I am right

"do you know who I am" A bit off topic, but reminds me of an old story (true - maybe?) about an obnoxious traveller whose flight had been cancelled, and was trying to jump the queue at the check in desk to get another flight, and tried that one. The girl at the check in desk smiled sweetly, switched on her microphone and made the following announcement :- "There is a gentleman at check in desk number - - who appears to have forgotten who he is. If anyone has any idea who this person might be, could they please come to check in desk number - -" This made said traveller very angry and shouted "<deleted> you" at the check in girl, at which she smiled sweetly again and said "Sorry, but you'll have to take your place in the queue for that as well!"

As I say, off topic, but just to maybe brighten your day!

• Like 2

I am the first in here!!...Thainess!!

One cannot finger point Thai's only as this is common in many developing countries. China and Philippines are notorious for such issues and China has since recently taken very strong measures against officials who abuse their positions. If you visit India you will know how bureaucracy works and how power is abused. I am not even going towards some of the African Countries abuse of power by officials is infamous. Well traveled people will understand this.

Did anyone write that this only happens in Thailand?

so, in this day & age, why is there not a real immigration office for expats at the airport ??? it is about 1 1-2 hour drive away at least ... 2015, hello ....

..... they are all working in inactive posts giggle.gif

He should have been put in jail ! Maybe then it would be warning to other high-up officials that just because they are in a position of authority "don't abuse the position" and bring shame on everyone in a position of authority.