why oh why do we do it?!

Not every Thai lady is the same ,my wife is wonderful,and has often gone out of her way to help me,sure i support her,but is that not what a husband is meant to do for his wife,sure you can be on your own,some people like that,most don't,i know i prefer to have a proper relationship,of course we always have posters that say 'rent don't buy',but really does that not get a little tiresome,for myself i think my wife is the nicest lady i have met.

But as you know our wifes we can choose but not their family....

• Like 1

Still my point was lost on you..that a lot of thai woman expect not to work just because they are married to a farang.

I suspect many guys on here are well off enough to live a good life without the wife working..good for them.

but if the tables turned and the retirement/share fund took a bit hit, how many thai wives would hang around and actually help support? and how many would be off to find a new farang i wonder?

and you know this how ? your making assumptions or have perceptions that may not be correct,

the funny thing is I suspect in a lot of cases its the other way around, its in fact the farang husband who doesn't want the wife to work and will not let them

I have seen this first hand on a few occasions where older guys were married to ladies a lot younger than them and they wouldn't let them work out of the fear I believe, that that would start 'playing around" with someone else while at work, nothing to do with money, all to do with controlling their wife.

when I got married, Mrs S asked me, you want me to work or not...my answer up to you...she doesn't need to work from a financial perspective, but I work away a lot, so it gives her something to do, which she did for a while and then decided to stop work, simply because she felt she couldn't spend time with me when I was home because of the job, so now she is a lady a leisure and that's fine, if she decides to go back to work that's fine as well

as to your least sentence, one will only find that out when its happens, you cant speculate

• Like 2

in most Thai marriages, both men and women work.

Seems like it's more often the mixed marriages where the women become serial layabouts on an "allowance"

Funny that statistic, at personal level I must know at least 50 odd married Thai couples and at a guess I would say at least 50% of the women don't work, so lets discuss most Thai marriages shall we, and you can impart us with your knowledge of all things Thai

Knows "50 odd" Thai couples; presents himself as a credible source of statistical data

Only on Thaivisa

My "most" statement is based on nothing more than the fact that many households live on little money.

This requires that both partners work to bring in as much money as possible. Full employment across the kingdom makes that possible.

I'm certainly not daft enough to nail my colours to an argument that has "50-odd" couples as its foundation

And your "source of data" is ?

You made it up ? your "most" statement is nothing more than speculation as well not fact, as you don't know how many many households live on "little money" or how many households have two people working blink.png

your making stuff up and I have given a factual personal observation, granted the statistical sample is not that large but its better than pulling "facts" out your bum, as you have done thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

these posters who come on here saying they are happy with their thai wife are the same people who bring you these thai dating sites. they make money from your gullibility.

Say what you will but I have been lounging on my a$$ here in Thailand for better than a year now while my wife is working.

• Like 2

these posters who come on here saying they are happy with their thai wife are the same people who bring you these thai dating sites. they make money from your gullibility.

You made more sense with your rambling post about plums,stick to fruit if i were you.

how many thai dating site do you run marko kok prong

When I was on dating sites I always said 2 things...

1) I am not an ATM

2) I live in Thailand.

That stopped so many from trying it on. Especially as they know many of us who live(d) in Thailand are aware of the scams.

To the OP

Sorry you got taken to the cleaners

How much money did this life lesson cost you?

not taken to the cleaners and am still with the GF,however i am getting a bit tired of the one way traffic the realationship has always been.

no buying houses cars or bikes, i donate what i can afford and have stated some base figures in my 1st post. The figures arent a lot but it has been over 4 years so it does add up, which she doesnt seem to realise with the constant claims of me being kee-niow.

the reason i was a bit heated was the fact that her sister (who has always treated me with utmost respect) has come out and ask on GFs behalf that i donate another 10k towards the family property. Not a lot i know but my point..we are not even married. She gets the benefits of being looked after and asks for money yet she shys away from marriage because i laugh at her ridiculous joke (or what i suspect is joke) of 200k sin sod

I point out that i spend in excess of 40-50k on school and visa fees every year when that money could go towards things for both of us..but of course the response as always is "up to you"

Edited by tingtongtourist

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Seems like it's more often the mixed marriages where the women become serial layabouts on an "allowance"

Funny that statistic, at personal level I must know at least 50 odd married Thai couples and at a guess I would say at least 50% of the women don't work, so lets discuss most Thai marriages shall we, and you can impart us with your knowledge of all things Thai

Knows "50 odd" Thai couples; presents himself as a credible source of statistical data

Only on Thaivisa

My "most" statement is based on nothing more than the fact that many households live on little money.

This requires that both partners work to bring in as much money as possible. Full employment across the kingdom makes that possible.

I'm certainly not daft enough to nail my colours to an argument that has "50-odd" couples as its foundation

And your "source of data" is ?

You made it up ? your "most" statement is nothing more than speculation as well not fact, as you don't know how many many households live on "little money" or how many households have two people working alt=blink.png>

your making stuff up and I have given a factual personal observation, granted the statistical sample is not that large but its better than pulling "facts" out your bum, as you have done alt=thumbsup.gif>

SP, you can sit there and chew the cud until the rest of the buffaloes come home but if I didn't have better things to do with my time, I'm sure I'd find it easier to back up what I said with empirical evidence than you would to back up your ridiculous assertions that 50% of Thai couples have a wife that doesn't work.

• Like 1

SP, you can sit there and chew the cud until the rest of the buffaloes come home but if I didn't have better things to do with my time, I'm sure I'd find it easier to back up what I said with empirical evidence than you would to back up your ridiculous assertions that 50% of Thai couples have a wife that doesn't work.

If your sure please do....I gave the source of my empirical data - observation of a limited sample, and I am sure if your assertion is correct you can do the same, its easy you said so yourself.

but as we stand my assertion in the absence of any form of verifiable data from your good self is that your pulling your assumptions out your bottom.

Not every Thai lady is the same ,my wife is wonderful,and has often gone out of her way to help me,sure i support her,but is that not what a husband is meant to do for his wife,sure you can be on your own,some people like that,most don't,i know i prefer to have a proper relationship,of course we always have posters that say 'rent don't buy',but really does that not get a little tiresome,for myself i think my wife is the nicest lady i have met.

Hmmm.....what about her old man.....Klaus, I think his name is......keep it up ym...keep it up...

• Like 1

If your sure please do....I gave the source of my empirical data - observation of a limited sample, and I am sure if your assertion is correct you can do the same, its easy you said so yourself.

but as we stand my assertion in the absence of any form of verifiable data from your good self is that your pulling your assumptions out your bottom.

I don't have to because my original assertion - a husband financially "supporting" his wife is an old-fashioned notion - was correct.

I don't have to because my original assertion - a husband financially "supporting" his wife is an old-fashioned notion - was correct.

Hell Yeah,

I'm ready to tell my 3 yr. old to go get a job as well, no gold brickers allowed.

Yes there are users and buffalo farang letting themselves be used, to say thats all thai women is ignorant crap. My wife, her sisters and friends are very honest and caring people as are many Thais i know and my life is enriched as a result. We all have a choice and the opportunity to choose wisely. If you didnt then move on.

• Like 1

Yes there are users and buffalo farang letting themselves be used, to say thats all thai women is ignorant crap. My wife, her sisters and friends are very honest and caring people as are many Thais i know and my life is enriched as a result. We all have a choice and the opportunity to choose wisely. If you didnt then move on.

at a guess i'd say, owns a minimum of three dating sites and possibly a farang bar or two

likely receiving the mimimal monthly stipend from TAT too

Edited by rabid old goat

so If I have this correct, you said it would be easy to supply empirical data to support your assertion, now your back peddling and saying something is old fashioned and thus trying to avoid supplying said easily acquired empirical data you said you could find so easily

ergo we are back at my assertion that your pulling assumptions out your bottom

CH lesson in life dear boy, don't say your going to do something and then make excuses as to why you haven't done it..some times just better keeping your trap shut...wink.png

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

I must be in either the lucky group or some minority group.

Of all the people I know who are married or in long term relationships with Thai girls are happy and in love with each other.

None are forced or tricked out of cash.

I know it does happen but it's not just a Thai thing.

• Like 1

You made more sense with your rambling post about plums,stick to fruit if i were you.

how many thai dating site do you run marko kok prong

I am married,so none,you are obviously still affected by whatever it was that prompted you to write your rambling dissertion on plums,i suggest,you get of the gear,or sober up before posting again.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

sure i support her,but is that not what a husband is meant to do for his wife

Yeah sure. . . if he lives in a time warp

I see you have crawled out again,with your warped views,surely one should support one's wife,in every facet possible,possibly i would suggest you are not married,but if you are i feel sorry for your wife.

What's warped about pointing out that your comment is seriously old-fashioned? It is and, as the OP rightly pointed out, in most Thai marriages, both men and women work.

But my wife does work,she has a shop and hair salon,so as usual you sound off without knowing the fact's,she generally start's work around 6am and closes the shop up around 8 pm,i choose to support her as i am financially able to,and at 50,never need to work again, i am sure ch,you are a smart guy and work hard,but maybe i was a little smarter than you,or worked smarter and now don't need too,maybe this is where your seeming bile has it's source, i suggest a cold shower,a long hard look in the mirror[not too long,if it cracks you may have too pay the guest house],and while your at it,clear out those used mama noodle cups.

Edited by marko kok prong
  • Like 1

Hmmm.....what about her old man.....Klaus, I think his name is......keep it up ym...keep it up...

Ben,i must admit i am not happy with having what looks like Klaus Kinski,take on Dracula around the place,i understand that my wife has to take care of her father.unlike western culture when they are stuck in a nursing home,he lives outside the house,in a cell like room,and spends most of his time up the local wat,where hopefully he will go permenantly at some stage.

many Thai women are independent and full of money and are not looking to defraud foreigners of their stuff.

That doesn't mean many ignorant foreign men come here and get easy <deleted> through money / money related stuff. these people often get a reality check sooner or later

so answer the question, why do you stay with her if you dont want to marry at her sin sod price?

Yes why do i do it? That was theme of the thread!

But her friends,even ones who own business ask her why she stays with a farang who doesnt give a monthly allowance.

If Thais keep asking this, it must be commonplace for this to happen,no?

Yet youd get shot down for mentioning it on here,all these handsome guys that thai girls throw thenselves at.

sinsod price eh?

200k for 35 y.o with one kiddy???

yeah right

As i say, weve had a long history,been through a lot.

Most of the time we are fine when no-one sticks their beaks in but its when shes with family and the other bigmouths that suddenly all these requests for 10k for this and 10k for that.

i think they must like to stir pot actually as we walked past a gold shop, sister said 'lets go shopping there'

I just laughed and asked do they sell drinks? :0)

so answer the question, why do you stay with her if you dont want to marry at her sin sod price?

Yes why do i do it? That was theme of the thread!

But her friends,even ones who own business ask her why she stays with a farang who doesnt give a monthly allowance.

If Thais keep asking this, it must be commonplace for this to happen,no?

Yet youd get shot down for mentioning it on here,all these handsome guys that thai girls throw thenselves at.

sinsod price eh?

200k for 35 y.o with one kiddy???

yeah right

As i say, weve had a long history,been through a lot.

Most of the time we are fine when no-one sticks their beaks in but its when shes with family and the other bigmouths that suddenly all these requests for 10k for this and 10k for that.

i think they must like to stir pot actually as we walked past a gold shop, sister said 'lets go shopping there'

I just laughed and asked do they sell drinks? :0)

U think tooo mutt...

Uncle southie and CP:

you two guys have been bickering so much ive forgotten which opinion is whos

the one thing i know: the population of working Thais in Bkk is many millions and population of thailand is many many millions.

considering we have read that thailands unemployment rate is one if the lowest in the region, i dont think you could say an example 50 thais is indicative of the country..unless of course the 50 thais he knows are 80+y.o and stay home looking after grandkids.

so IMO the guys who argue against the idea that most thai familys are double income..id say their theory is covered in hot steamy ones :0)

• Like 1