operator at Dominoes

toenail

The first time I call Dominoes Pizza and I called the Naklua shop, the guy who could not speak English tell me to call the "1612" number. I get this operator who sounded he was not older than 17 years that could not understand where I lived.... "I live on Beach Rd, soi 2- North Pattaya".....he mispronounces the apartment building I am staying at and then he asks, "Is this in Jomtien?" I ask where he is from since he didn't know the difference from Jomtien and north Pattaya. The 1612 number is stationed in Bangkok. I got so impatient with this clueless untrained person, that I decided I didn't want to chance my luck and never see the pizza delivered so went back to the professional outfit, New York Pizza. This American pizza chain will be closed by this summer due to hiring a bunch of clueless operators on the phone.

That's the general problem with Thai people on the phone.

They tend to phone while in a busy office, room, factory, disco or in the middle of traffic.

Just count how many times they say: "Arai na or arai wa?"

Repeat, repeat, repeat and that's not only with foreigners........same happens among Thais.

They have always had a good English speaking phone operator at New York Pizza. They store your number and link it to your home address too, very handy for repeat orders!. If you call American Pizza Factory for delivery it'll be an American that answers the phone, that helps!. As for Pizza Hut - Pizza Company - KFC, they all have online ordering which takes the headache out of it.

yeah, i was on the phone to Dominos central Pattaya and their phone was really distorting so badly.. I persisted and managed to get some pizza!!!! he even found the door to my condo and correct floor - it was not easy though, I placed the order online first and then phone to make sure it worked - they said it was in the oven when I called.