90 days reporting : "Grace" Period At Airport ?

Hi,

I plan to go on holidays out of the country soon and my 90 days reporting will expire 5 days before I exit Thailand (of course my visa is still valid). What I'd like to know is, does the +/- 7 days window apply at the airport or must I report (by post or in person) 5 days before I leave?

I plan to come back so I hope I don't get problem nor at airport nor when coming back or for my next 90 days address notification reporting.

Also, do you know if now it is doable online? I heard it was in "test".

Thanks to all.

Edited by khman

At the airport or any other border posting, immigration doesn't check and doesn't care about 90 days reports, neither when leaving or when arriving.

You can do the reporting in person, by post, or you could try the new online system, check running thread on this page.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

This is the reality If you leave Thailand then they consider that you have done your 90 Day report by just getting stamped back into the coutnry . So it reboots from the time you get back to Thailand.

What you will need to do after you are you come back and do another 90 days after you are back is just use the stamp on your Arrivals card as the last day you reported

I have done this many times Its the rules

As a matter of fact I just did my 90 days yesterday and did it from my arrivals card again . These are the rules

So don't worry about reporting before you leave. When you get back count down from the arrivals card stamp 90 days and your fine

Edited by realenglish1

This is the reality If you leave Thailand then they consider that you have done your 90 Day report by just getting stamped back into the coutnry . So it reboots from the time you get back to Thailand.

What you will need to do after you are you come back and do another 90 days after you are back is just use the stamp on your Arrivals card as the last day you reported

I have done this many times Its the rules

As a matter of fact I just did my 90 days yesterday and did it from my arrivals card again . These are the rules

So don't worry about reporting before you leave. When you get back count down from the arrivals card stamp 90 days and your fine

Leaving the country isn't considered doing a 90 day report, but if you leave before having stayed 90 days then no report is due. However, the OP will have been in the country 95 days, so he has to do the report before leaving. The 7 day grace period only gives you extra time to do the report, it doesn't mean that you don't have to do the report if you leave the country within that 7 day period.

To the OP, you have to do the report before leaving or you will be fined 2,000 Baht next time you do an extension or 90 day report (if they notice).

Sophon

• Like 1

If you leave the country before the 90 days, you don't have to report at all. The report is only for people who stay more than 90 days in country. I have a retirement visa, but I take a lot of trips abroad, so I almost never have to do the 90 day report.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you leave the country before the 90 days, you don't have to report at all. The report is only for people who stay more than 90 days in country. I have a retirement visa, but I take a lot of trips abroad, so I almost never have to do the 90 day report.

The op needs to have a re-entry permit before leaving the country or he will have effectively cancelled his visa. When returning without a re-entry permit he will have to re-apply for a new retirement visa and that can no longer be done in Jom Tien. It has to be done in Bangkok.

Wrong!..........................I just did it with no problems.......when you leave you still have a 2 day grace period. when you leave the country with of course your re-entry permit. they will give you an exit stamp. When you return you get a new a new card to fill out and stapled to your passport. Show immigrations your stamp when you left during that last 2-day grace period. The 90 day re-starts all over again the minute you step off the plane. you have 90 days from that point on. No need to report until then.

It really depends upon the individual officer checking over your passport as you leave. There is no policy to give you the 7 day grace period when leaving. I've seen people fined for being a few days over with the 90 day reports and others with really late 90 day reports who were simply ignored at the Chiang Mai airport on outbound international flights.

Edited by NancyL

It really depends upon the individual officer checking over your passport as you leave. There is no policy to give you the 7 day grace period when leaving. I've seen people fined for being a few days over with the 90 day reports and others with really late 90 day reports who were simply ignored at the Chiang Mai airport on outbound international flights.

They don't check for 90 day reports on departure from the country. Just pull the report receipt out of your passport and save it to show at immigration when you do your next report. The 90 day reports are not in the same database that the officer checks when you leave the country..

• Like 1

There is no 'grace period' for acquiring the obligation to make the report. The report is always due if you have stayed 90 days or more.

As has been explained hundreds of times the grace period is a period during which you are allowed to make the report, not an extra period you are allowed to stay without making one.

The fact that they don't care or notice at the airport has also been referred to time and time again. They don't enforce 90-day reports at the airport. This doesn't mean they are giving you a grace period, it means they are not bothered.

90-day reports are enforced by your immigration office, and the time a late or unmade 90-day report is most likely to be noticed is when you go to the immigration to do your next one, not at the airport.

Where I've seen someone fined at the airport for failing to do a 90 day report was when they were also being fined for overstay. It's as if the Immigration officer was looking for an extra excuse to heap on an additional fine.

Thank you.

I will re enter in the country as a tourist.

I think even if I don't do it, worst case is a fine at next 90 days report.

So I will do my best to do it.
Thanks.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Where I've seen someone fined at the airport for failing to do a 90 day report was when they were also being fined for overstay. It's as if the Immigration officer was looking for an extra excuse to heap on an additional fine.

Do you know that for certain?

The Airport immigration people do not access information concerning or care about 90 day reports but they are good at identifying the overstayers !

If you re-enter with a tourist visa, you will not have to report, because your maximum stay will be 90 days.

Wrong!..........................I just did it with no problems.......when you leave you still have a 2 day grace period. when you leave the country with of course your re-entry permit. they will give you an exit stamp. When you return you get a new a new card to fill out and stapled to your passport. Show immigrations your stamp when you left during that last 2-day grace period. The 90 day re-starts all over again the minute you step off the plane. you have 90 days from that point on. No need to report until then.

I am afraid you are the one who is wrong. Whenever you stay in Thailand more than 90 days you have to do a report, the grace period just gives you extra time to do the report, it doesn't allow you not to report. Immigration at the airport will not check or care, but if the missing report is noticed whenever you do your next extension or 90 day report you will be fined 2,000 Baht.

There really isn't any need to discuss this, the question has been asked hundreds of times and it has been confirmed every time by the experts (UbonJoe, Maestro Lopburi etc.) that a report is due in the OP's circumstances.

Sophon

Yes. Exactly. The fifteen days before and 7 days after is simply the period during which you are allowed to report. It doesn't allow you to stay in the country for 90 + 7 days without reporting. At the airport they won't care, but if you return to Thailand, when you make your next 90 day report they can easily see that you never did a report during your last 90 plus days in the country.

Of course it's possible it won't be noticed, but not very likely especially now that the information is on the computer. If your subsequent stays are for periods of less than 90 days you won't need to do a 90 day report and it's not going to be a problem unless you need an extension ar Immigrations and someone checks your history.

Edited by Suradit69

If you re-enter with a tourist visa, you will not have to report, because your maximum stay will be 90 days.

Indeed.

But I mean, a day, sooner or later, I will be on an ED, B, or any visa requiring 90 days report.

Indeed.

But I mean, a day, sooner or later, I will be on an ED, B, or any visa requiring 90 days report.

I think it's unlikely that checks will be done for the past, across different entries.

With that I'm not saying you should not do reports.

They don't check for 90 day reports on departure from the country. Just pull the report receipt out of your passport and save it to show at immigration when you do your next report. The 90 day reports are not in the same database that the officer checks when you leave the country..

They have no access to the required database but they will see that you are longer then 90 days in the country and they CAN then check if you have a reporting slip in your passport.

This al depends on the mood of the officer and fine you as there as no grace period for the 90 day reporting.

They have no access to the required database but they will see that you are longer then 90 days in the country and they CAN then check if you have a reporting slip in your passport.

This al depends on the mood of the officer and fine you as there as no grace period for the 90 day reporting.

Immigration on departure could care less about 90 day reporting all they want to see or even check is that you have a valid permit to stay. I am not even sure it is within their remit to check for them.

In all the years I have been on this forum I have never seen a confirmed report of somebody being bothered about 90 day reporting on departure from the country.

Most people pull the reporting receipt out of their passport. As soon as you leave the country the receipt is irreverent other than a chance that immigration questions you about your last report when you go to do a report 90 days after entering the country..

• Like 1

slightly off topic but related to airport departure. when flying out of Thailand 6 weeks ago i was held up by immigration for half an hour because my passport (issued by my embassy in Bangkok) did not have an entry stamp. even though all 10 former extensions were transferred to the new passport, the lack of an entry stamp caused considerable confusion. after three officers discussed the case they decided to add some handwriting and a stamp thus "substituting" what was missing. TIT for sure!

laugh.png

slightly off topic but related to airport departure. when flying out of Thailand 6 weeks ago i was held up by immigration for half an hour because my passport (issued by my embassy in Bangkok) did not have an entry stamp. even though all 10 former extensions were transferred to the new passport, the lack of an entry stamp caused considerable confusion. after three officers discussed the case they decided to add some handwriting and a stamp thus "substituting" what was missing. TIT for sure!

laugh.png

Looks like something went with the transfer. When they transfer your extension of stay they also should stamp a new entry stamp into your new passport with your latest entry details.

Do you know that for certain?

The Airport immigration people do not access information concerning or care about 90 day reports but they are good at identifying the overstayers !

They definitely check for it on the midnight Korean Air flight out of Chiang Mai. I sometimes assist elderly people in wheelchairs who are returning to North America and if they're on overstay, they'll also look at the 90 day report status and often ding them for an additional 2000 baht fine (allegedly for 90 day report) if the person has been cranky, argumentative and really slow to process. If the person has been cheerful and with-it in paying the overstay fine, they let them thru without checking 90 day report status.

I do not see a TiT situation here but one of efficiency. The office made a mistake not transferring the entry stamp, that was fixed at the airport. Well done.

I do not see a TiT situation here but one of efficiency. The office made a mistake not transferring the entry stamp, that was fixed at the airport. Well done.

no entry stamp was added because the chaps did not ask me when i arrived lat time in Thailand. what was done was an utterly stupid superfluous bureaucratic action, lasting half an hour, by adding a "substitute remark" in a passport which shows ten extensions.

summary: TiT applies to this kind of inefficient "well done".

laugh.png

Looks like something went with the transfer. When they transfer your extension of stay they also should stamp a new entry stamp into your new passport with your latest entry details.

just checked my wife's passport which was also issued by our embassy in BKK. like mine 10 extensions but no entry stamp except the one when she arrived the first time with her new passport from abroad.