Murder suspect shot dead in presumed revenge attack

Thaivisa News

Yes, the wild west. Next you will be getting someone abducting, murdering and dismembering their stepsister, or pushing a policewoman on to a railway track or even stabbing an innocent pedal cyclist to death.Just three of the stories I heave read from the UK in the last couple of days.Lets just hope it doesn't get that bad here.

There are currently 6 people in jail with regard the step sister killing. How many of those people would be in jail if that had happened in Thailand ?

I would say none.

Here even if you are stopped at a police check point and resemble a murderer you are allowed to go on your way.

"Here even if you are stopped at a police check point and resemble a murderer you are allowed to go on your way."

After confirmation of his non-involvement. Seems fair.

• Like 2

Thai is no better or worse than anywhere else, the statistics on crime are skewed all over the world because they are based on numbers of crimes per head of population and as we have seen, not all heads are equivalently prone to violent crime. If you look at individual crimes which cause death then of course a poor country has many times the world average but if you look at a rich country, where people profit from drug deals, weapons trades, Slave trading, child exploitation and commodity exploitation then possibly the death rate may be significantly higher however, it is unrecorded. It is unfair to look at Thailad and say that it appears to be so much worse. Use a spade to look under the surface of your own backyard and try to imagine just what percentage of those millions of missing people just should fall into the statistics on murder, you might be surprised.

Great fiction writing, what !!!! this is real !!!! beatdeadhorse.gif

Read up on the politician who sprayed his wife with an Uzi in the middle of a restaurant 3-4 yrs ago.

All just a mistake of course, sorry about that, won't happen again *wai*

There certainly are the repetitive comments about it happening in most countries but where Thailand falls down is the policing. The mixture of corruption, greed and laziness means that many of the criminals are able to just buy their way out of trouble.

Based on police records, Suwat was released on bail in December.
He was charged for putting out the contract for killing ex-police officer Colonel Withoon Phromprawat, 78, in Ratchaburi.

Released on bail?

Why?

If he has placed an order for murder, he should be in jail.

Correct....but he would have been relatively safe if locked up........

So, a contract killer out on bail was an elected provincial councillor from Ratchaburi’s Ban Pong district.

Says a lot about what state this country is in.

I think it tells you exactly what state the country is in,

Yes, the wild west. Next you will be getting someone abducting, murdering and dismembering their stepsister, or pushing a policewoman on to a railway track or even stabbing an innocent pedal cyclist to death.Just three of the stories I heave read from the UK in the last couple of days.Lets just hope it doesn't get that bad here.

There are currently 6 people in jail with regard the step sister killing. How many of those people would be in jail if that had happened in Thailand ?

I would say none.

Here even if you are stopped at a police check point and resemble a murderer you are allowed to go on your way.

Do not forget it was a cop who the man was accused of killing, and you expect the police to arrest him ?

You would think a good business opportunity here would be selling Armored cars,and the people really needing them would have the money to buy them thats for sure,

regards Worgeordie

Some years ago there was a special on TV about a company that manufactured armored cars. Thailand was specifically mentioned as one of the countries where many vehicles were bought.

Also, some off-topic posts and replies removed.

Some years ago there was a special on TV about a company that manufactured armored cars. Thailand was specifically mentioned as one of the countries where many vehicles were bought.

I remember that special, but it was related to security companies who needed to move money from banks, very long distances to the Bangkok Head Offices, not to private individuals who just needed a tank to do their shopping in

"A police checkpoint detained a driver who fit the description but released him after questioning". A quick flash of his police ID, a pat on the back and on his way. Now if we could only see justice carried out this quick and easy for all the many other bailed "influential" figures out there, things might start moving along nicely in Thailand.

Edited by recycled

The wild west, but with 10,000000 known guns. What do you expect.

So if the killer never had a gun the guy would still be alive, I don't think so it looked like a pro hit and a knife or machete would have done the same job

As the saying goes guns don't kill people, people kill people and have been doing it way before guns were invented

"Doesnt get that bad here?" You might like to take those rose coloured wielding goggles off!

A week in Thailand is equivalent of a year in UK, so stop being an apologist for the bad state Thailand is in.

Trying to understand your comment. Are you saying that the weekly crime rate in Thailand is equal to the annual crime rate in the UK? I would be very interested to know where you get your stats.Ill give you the benefit of the doubt thou. I didn't realise it was that bad here.Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

I would say none.

"Here even if you are stopped at a police check point and resemble a murderer you are allowed to go on your way."

After confirmation of his non-involvement. Seems fair.

Serious offence to resemble a murderer. He should have been locked up and the key thrown away.

Based on police records, Suwat was released on bail in December.
He was charged for putting out the contract for killing ex-police officer Colonel Withoon Phromprawat, 78, in Ratchaburi.

Released on bail?

Why?

If he has placed an order for murder, he should be in jail.

But not convicted until now, so its common in TH to get bail. whistling.gif

"A police checkpoint detained a driver who fit the description but released him after questioning". A quick flash of his police ID, a pat on the back and on his way. Now if we could only see justice carried out this quick and easy for all the many other bailed "influential" figures out there, things might start moving along nicely in Thailand.

If you were to stand by a major road, how many bronze pickups (unspecified make) driven by single males (black hair, brown eyes, standard height) would pass in an hour?

If you stopped all of them, and the drivers had ID, reasonable explanation of where they were travelling from and to, and why, and none smelled of gunshot residue, how many would you arrest for murder?