Russian tourist arrested for allegedly killing security officer

Thaivisa News

Bangkok:- A 30-year-old Russian tourist was arrested early Monday for allegedly clubbing a security officer of a Bangkok temple to death, police said.

Pol Lt Phairoj Suwanmanee of Bang Rak police station, said Nikolai Zhilin was arrested shortly before 1:30 am after he allegedly smashed the head of Prajak Sutthiketkan, 27, who worked as a security officer of Maha Pruettaram Temple.

Phairoj, an interrogator on duty of the police station, was alerted at 1:30 am that a Russian man was caught by local residents after he allegedly killed a security officer of the temple.

Phairoj, scientific crime defection officers and Ruam Katanyu Foundation rescuers rushed to the temple and found the body of Prajak with serious wound on his head. They found that the Russian man had been caught by the local residents and the tourist could not communicate with police officers as if he were insane.

Prajak’s girlfriend, Linda Singharaj, 29, told police with her eyes brimming with tears that she worked as a worker of the temple in charge of the car park. She said she closed the gate to the car park at midnight and then she heard glasses breaking from inside the car park.

When she rushed to check, she found a farang using a steel pipe to hit a pick-up truck’s windows.

She said she told the man to stop but he turned to attack her with one-meter-long pipe. She ran and cried for help and Prajak rushed to her rescue.

Prajak told her to call police but he was knocked down by the farang who then repeatedly hit his head. The Russian climbed over the fence to flee but he was caught by local residents.

Bang Rak police chief Pol Col Nakhon Thongphanit said Zhilin entered the kingdom on March 2. It was still not known why he made the attack, Nakhon said.

It is a long road with no turns, and the bridge is narrow.

What goes around, comes around, and often in spades.

This Russian is off to a lifetime ...however long that turns out to be ... in a ring of hell I would not wish on many.

i do wish it on him, for he is a coward of the lowest form and deserves what he will get in a Thai prison for killing a Thai defending both a woman and a temple.

There is nothing they can ... and will ... do to him I would spend one Satang to prevent.

The lowest of the low.

If this is true send him to a Thai prison with a life sentence. Let him rot in there. Unbelievable....!!

" with a life sentence "

But then why should Thai taxpayers pay to keep him alive all that time?

I do not think the tax burden will be for too long a time, and the tax payers will get their money's worth in the interim.

Probably not Russian. The last Russian tourist left Thailand a few months ago.

I don't think so. There may be a few fewer Russian tourists here than a few months ago, but this year will probably still end up with more than a million Russians, with future years possibly showing signs of growth again.

I've seen plenty of Russians around, as usual in recent times.

• Like 1

speechless ??

This are the Quality tourists for whic TAT is calling !!!

Crime in the temple,

Shit on the temple

Hitting bells in the temple !!

Please TAT !! go ahead with calling such tourists as future for the Thai tourism 555555

But kick out westerners which want stay for the cold winter months here !!

I don't see any westerners being kicked out or leaving here apart from during the protests last year maybe. It's still as easy as ever to stay in Thailand, both short term and long term as long as your paperwork is in order. Just because they don't want you to stay in Thailand on continuous 15-day stamps with a border run to a neighboring country doesn't mean they don't like you. It means your method of staying here is not within the purpose with which the 15-day (or 30-day) stamp was granted. You either get a proper visa allowing you to stay longer or even indefinitely (subject to being eligible to renew) or you leave. But nobody is forcing out any "westerners" or anyone else unless they don't have the right paperwork or is a criminal.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 1

If this is true send him to a Thai prison with a life sentence. Let him rot in there. Unbelievable....!!

" with a life sentence "

Absolutely agree. Killed a man with no reason - deserves to die too.

• Like 1

I agree, maybe even a death penalty with 2 hr notice and let him freak out every time he sees a guard with a bit of paper.

What a menace.

• Like 2

....this makes absolutely no sense....unless...the parties knew each other.....

...like if the pickup the guy was smashing was paid for with his money....

....and pretty tiring to hear how farangs are...insane...drunk...on drugs...suicidal....

...and all expert opinions of .....possibly.....the exact types described above....

• Like 1

" with a life sentence "

to suffer, that is what he needs, to suffer every day :-)

R.I.P Prajak you died a real hero and have my total respect for saving your girlfriend like that not many Thai men would sacrifice themselves like that and once we get a picture of this Evil Russian I am sure he will probable be a huge brute of a guy, with some story like oh sorry I had been drinking its not my fault it was the alcohol that did it.

• Like 1

"Phairoj, scientific crime defection officers and Ruam Katanyu Foundation rescuers rushed to the temple......"

Slightly off topic, but I think something has been lost found in translation here:- "scientific crime defection officers"

An alternative description for "volunteering" for an inactive post, perhaps?

And on topic, another absolutely shocking story about lack of respect and violence towards our hosts from a "quality" visitor from a certain part of the world

Edited by sambum