"See for your self why"

Yeah not a lot to see at that link.

Page not found
Sorry your page could not be found

We could not find the page you requested. This is either because:

• There's an error in the address or link you have entered in your browser;
  • There's a technical issue and the page has not been properly published;
  • The article was removed to comply with a legal order;
  • It is an older article that has been removed from the site.

If you believe that this is a technical error, please contact us and tell us the location of this page.

Edited by Don Mega

lol ok this is about that tin of tuna in aus that some peeps got food poising from.....

Funny how the incident was isolated to one single cafe (Iam sure this cannery sell to more than one cafe in the world).....

I assume tomorrow we have will have a similar article on this cafe and how that poor food handling was the cause of this and not the cannery..... Bwahahahahahahaha Not a chance will we see that.

also 555 at a fish cannery being smelly, whats the chances of that !!

Tuna is most probably radiated by fukushima but no government testing to prove either way, be wary of seafood as radiation has been pouring into the pacific ocean for 4 years now.

The truth has been spoken above.

Choose to believe it or not is your decision.

Scare tactic article thats all over the board. Why didnt they throw in a few photos of squid being dried . The more relative threats would be from the fish farms in Vietnam and the salmon farms in the fjordsof Norway.

About 15 years or so ago a couple of my staff developed scombroid food poisoning. They'd both had tuna sandwiches from a nearby sandwich shop for lunch. The authorities' conclusion was that the tuna hadn't been handled correctly by the shop staff and had become infected. Apparently it doesn't take long for the infected tuna meat to become poisonous.

My guess would be that this is exactly what's happened at the Sydney cafe, and it's nothing to do with the production of canned tuna in Thailand.

I thought maybe it was because of the fact that tuna in Thailand is likely to have been caught on slave ships. But no you don't

care about the people who have been trafficked/kidnapped and are working for 15-20 hours a day with little food and no pay.

You just care about the minuscule chance of your heath being effected. Classy!

• Like 2

I thought maybe it was because of the fact that tuna in Thailand is likely to have been caught on slave ships. But no you don't

care about the people who have been trafficked/kidnapped and are working for 15-20 hours a day with little food and no pay.

I do not for one second believe the reason for the food poising is due to the slaves that catch the fish.

Edited by Don Mega

I do not for one second believe the reason for the food poising is due to the slaves that catch the fish.

er let me clarify- I thought maybe the reason he was going to stop eating tuna was because of....

er let me clarify- I thought maybe the reason he was going to stop eating tuna was because of....

er let me clarify- The OP thread title (and link to a news article) is nothing more than clickbait scaremogering due to a couple of people getting food poising in the same cafe in OZ.

Nothing to do with the Thailand cannery, where the fish comes from or who catches it.

I thought scombroid food poisoning had to happen while the fish was fresh, and that canning didn't kill the poison but killed whatever it is that would create the poison.

In other words I didn't think that if the fish was canned it could happen at the restaurant.

Correct me if I'm wrong...........

I thought scombroid food poisoning had to happen while the fish was fresh, and that canning didn't kill the poison but killed whatever it is that would create the poison.

In other words I didn't think that if the fish was canned it could happen at the restaurant.

Correct me if I'm wrong...........

Contamination can be pre-canning or post-tin-opening. However, given the very localised nature of the outbreak (a single establishment), it's much more likely to be the latter in the current case.