I'm thinking of going to Laos next week.

delgarcon

Its all the Same for north Asia marginally different but all the same hell so better choose something more southbound

Pakse and Southern Laos is beautiful, less spoilt and has better air!

Smoke is not an issue in South East Isaan nor in Southern Laos.

Agree with Brewterbudgen Souther Laos is well worth visiting. Particularly the Koh Phan Don area (4,000 islands) in the Mekong River

• Like 1

I am currently in Vientiane and the air quality is fine...I was in Siphandon and Thakhek all within the last few weeks ago and the air quality there was fine too...I was also in Udon and Khon Kaen last week and the air was good there was well. However, all of these places seem to have already stepped into the hot season..I saw a temperature reading in Thakhek that said 40, so one might say the hot, humid, sticky and all around plain nasty weather is upon us

I am currently in Vientiane and the air quality is fine...I was in Siphandon and Thakhek all within the last few weeks ago and the air quality there was fine too...I was also in Udon and Khon Kaen last week and the air was good there was well. However, all of these places seem to have already stepped into the hot season..I saw a temperature reading in Thakhek that said 40, so one might say the hot, humid, sticky and all around plain nasty weather is upon us

Yes - 42 in Meuang Ubon yesterday, so Southern Laos is likely to be hot. Do not assume humidity just cos its SE Asia. South Eastern Isaan (at least the two provinces of Ubon and Sisaket that I know so well) are typically quite a dry heat. Indeed I would venture that Sisaket's climate is generally the best I have seen in Thailand - no smoke (maybe some odd isolated stuff that typically gets blown away, particularly in the North). Not quite as hot as Ubon and very often tolerable form a humidity viewpoint in all seasons other than the start of rainy season (high heat with high humidity) - later rainy season months are humid but the heat drops significantly with the afternoon rains.

Anyway - Southern Laos tends to be close to Ubon/Sisaket in climate - hot at this time of year (March/April particularly so) but not intolerably humid.

Generalities of course - don't blow me out of the water if you come and find a short period of intolerable weather.