'TOP GEAR' host Jeremy Clarkson suspended

webfact

They should keep Jeremy Clarkson and sack the entire management of the BBC.

What a silly thing to say. This is the real world. If you've been warned several times about your behaviour already and then you punch a colleague, you're going to lose your job, whoever you are.

Last time I looked he hadn't been proven to have punched anyone.

The people on here that think Jeremy should be sacked should realise that if he goes the whole show goes, including May, Hammond and the entire crew. I'll bet they aren't cheering now.

I hope Jeremy gets set up on another channel at the same time as whatever pathetic PC show the BEEB comes back with next year, and wipes them off the air. I don't believe the other motoring programme, 5th gear, has done particularly well, though apparently it is completely different anyway.

You might want to look at some more up-to-date information.

Off the BBC this morning- the police are asking the BBC to provide them with any evidence about the fracas as they are considering laying charges ie nothing proven as yet.

As for the "report" in the Mirror cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif . The Mirror is gutter press.

Quote deleted to allow posting.

An aging buffoon spouting outdated nonsense is hardly 'sticking it to the PC crowd'. Times have moved on, and the era of the dinosaurs is coming to an end.

Yes it is the end of an era. But as the idealists continue to protect the entire world from any form of harm, be it imagined, real, or simply within a degree of possibility. Erring always on the side of the greatest impracticality. They will find they no longer have the ability to function.

All the PC crowd ever do is beat the drum of tolerance, but they themselves seem to find everything offensive. Eventually some other much more pragmatic cultural group will simply wipe this one away.

• Like 2

Unlike many, I was not going to prejudge when I did not know all the facts.

All the evidence has now been looked at and the judgement has been made by the BBC; Clarkson guilty as charged and his contract will not be renewed.

Whether criminal charges follow is up to Tymon, the police and the CPS.

How Top Gear will continue, and whether Hammond, May and Wilman, the producer and a mate of Clarkson's, will remain involved is their decision. Personally, I doubt it.

Whatever happens, whether Top Gear will remain worth watching and whether it will continue to enjoy it's worldwide success and the subsequent huge profits for the BBC remains to be seen.

Top Gear: Some Kind of Monster

Ave atque vale, Jezza. you are jointly responsible for revamping a defunct show into one which richly entertained millions worldwide. Whatever happens to it now, it wont be the same without you; but you did unforgivably overstep the line this time.

All the evidence has now been looked at and the judgement has been made by the BBC; Clarkson guilty as charged and his contract will not be renewed.

How Top Gear will continue, and whether Hammond, May and Wilman, the producer and a mate of Clarkson's, will remain involved is their decision. Personally, I doubt it.

Whatever happens, whether Top Gear will remain worth watching and whether it will continue to enjoy it's worldwide success and the subsequent huge profits for the BBC remains to be seen.

Ave atque vale, Jezza. you are jointly responsible for revamping a defunct show into one which richly entertained millions worldwide. Whatever happens to it now, it wont be the same without you; but you did unforgivably overstep the line this time.

the judgement has been made by the BBC

And a more incompetent bunch of losers would be hard to imagine. They destroyed Thorn Tree forum on Lonely Planet ( which is now but a shade of the vibrant travel forum it used to be ) with a similar stupid response to an imaginary problem. I can see a similar fate happening to any motoring show that useless bunch can come up with in the future.

They are also responsible for the BBC international news which is shown here, and it sucks big time, what with the interminable self promotion and the endless news repeats. They also don't seem to understand that soccer is not news. For a decent international news show, look no further than Al Jazeera, and it ( thank you A J ) does not show any soccer at all.

And a more incompetent bunch of losers would be hard to imagine. They destroyed Thorn Tree forum on Lonely Planet ( which is now but a shade of the vibrant travel forum it used to be ) with a similar stupid response to an imaginary problem. I can see a similar fate happening to any motoring show that useless bunch can come up with in the future.

They are also responsible for the BBC international news which is shown here, and it sucks big time, what with the interminable self promotion and the endless news repeats. They also don't seem to understand that soccer is not news. For a decent international news show, look no further than Al Jazeera, and it ( thank you A J ) does not show any soccer at all.

That's because they have a dedicated 20-odd channel Sports operation including a 24-hour Sports news channel.

coffee1.gif

An aging buffoon spouting outdated nonsense is hardly 'sticking it to the PC crowd'. Times have moved on, and the era of the dinosaurs is coming to an end.

Yes it is the end of an era. But as the idealists continue to protect the entire world from any form of harm, be it imagined, real, or simply within a degree of possibility. Erring always on the side of the greatest impracticality. They will find they no longer have the ability to function.

All the PC crowd ever do is beat the drum of tolerance, but they themselves seem to find everything offensive. Eventually some other much more pragmatic cultural group will simply wipe this one away.

How about protecting an innocent producer from getting beat on by an intoxicated slob?

Does that not matter to you one jot?

The excuses made for this chav beggar belief. Point the finger at everyone else except the drunken bully.

Please provide a link to a RELIABLE news source that says he actually hit the producer. So far I haven't seen anything that proves he did so.

That's because they have a dedicated 20-odd channel Sports operation including a 24-hour Sports news channel.

coffee1.gif

Again, soccer is NOT news. The Beeb does not need a sports channel as every cable network has many sports channels now.

To gain some respect they need to publish more news with less repeats than they do presently. It's not like there isn't much going on. They like to tell us frequerntly how they are all over the world collecting news- problem is they don't show it to us.

Canuckamuck,

Chicog's hatred of Clarkson, as evidenced by his comments in this and the other topic, and the childish glee he has shown with his later posts in that topic, is so intense that he ignores all condemnation of this attack by Clarkson made by anyone who has anything positive to say about Top Gear or Clarkson's on screen persona and instead accuses all those who make such comments of supporting a physical assault on a co worker.

One has to wonder why this is so.

BTW, Chicog, as you missed it when I said it in one of my posts before, I repeat; I am not excusing Clarkson's attack.

But as I said above

I've highlighted the relevant parts for you so you have no excuse for missing them this time.

How about protecting an innocent producer from getting beat on by an intoxicated slob?

The excuses made for this chav beggar belief. Point the finger at everyone else except the drunken bully.

You read things into my post that are not there. My post was in response to Soibikers comment about the end of an era, an era where we weren't bothered into the grave by busybodies.

Really?

You said: "as the idealists continue to protect the entire world from any form of harm".

In this case they are simply protecting producers from being slapped by drunken bullies. Why is that wrong?

You read things into my post that are not there. My post was in response to Soibikers comment about the end of an era, an era where we weren't bothered into the grave by busybodies.

Really?

You said: "as the idealists continue to protect the entire world from any form of harm".

In this case they are simply protecting producers from being slapped by drunken bullies. Why is that wrong?

If this was simply a case about an assault there would be no debate. The bigger issue is the pretentious people who are so offended by Clarkson bucking the trend of hyper-polite mollycoddling.

• Like 1

I think its all a con. Top gear has been regurgitating the same old format for years. It was fun and i enjoyed it but how much longer can they film the latest supercar drifting around corners with smoke coming off its wheels, putting a star in a car drive around a track and the 3 of them go off on some contrived folly in cheap cars?

There was some controversy over getting the 3 hybrid supercar shootout, maybe the manufacturers had enough of them slagging their cars off? Maybe Clarkson saw the writing on the wall and wanted to end it before his contract was up? After all, it was Clarkson himself who reported the incident. Maybe we will see all three of them carrying on on a more lucrative deal on another channel with a fresh format? I hope so. I like seeing supercars being thrashed about!

Please provide a link to a RELIABLE news source that says he actually hit the producer. So far I haven't seen anything that proves he did so.

Seriously, you must be about the only person on the planet who refuses to believe it happened.

So you don't accept the Investigation report findings?

Having conducted these interviews and considered the evidence presented, I conclude the following: on 4 March 2015 Oisin Tymon was subject to an unprovoked physical and verbal attack by Jeremy Clarkson. During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip. The verbal abuse was sustained over a longer period, both at the time of the physical attack and subsequently.

Like I said, he's clutching at straws.

Jeremy Clarkson sold his share of the rights to the show several years ago. With regard to the stig brand I believe that may be separate from the rest of the show rights. There is no love lost between Clarkson and certain big wigs at the beeb. The beeb have been losing money for several years and without selling TG around the world will lose billions of pounds. The BBC will not be able to replicate it without Clarkson, May and Hammond along with several senior production members loyal to the cast who will all be able to replicate the show on another channel with shared rights favouring all. The BBC will either unsuspend Jeremy or watch the same format elsewhere.

• Like 1

If this was simply a case about an assault there would be no debate. The bigger issue is the pretentious people who are so offended by Clarkson bucking the trend of hyper-polite mollycoddling.

if there weren't so many preening chavs wailing and gnashing their teeth, he would have probably been sacked the next day, and you're right - there would have been no debate.

There never should have been.

• Like 1

if there weren't so many preening chavs wailing and gnashing their teeth, he would have probably been sacked the next day, and you're right - there would have been no debate.

There never should have been.

If it had been up to the self righteous prigs with sticks up their ar$es, then he would have been sacked immediately and any debate stifled.

The rest of us believe in the justice of following set disciplinary procedure and investigating an incident fully before taking final action.

We also believe in the freedom of speech which allows debate.