Bangkok Court grenade attack linked to Siam Paragon bombing: Police

webfact

BKK Court Grenade Attack Linked to Siam Paragon Bombing: Police
By Khaosod English

14260560791426056764l.jpg
A suspect arrested in connection with the grenade attack on the Criminal Court house in Bangkok on 7 March 2015.

BANGKOK — Thai police say they believe the grenade thrown at a court house in Bangkok on Saturday was connected to the twin bombings at a major shopping mall last month.

Thai police commander Pol.Gen. Somyot Pumpanmuang said today that police believe both incidents were politically-motivated and perpetrated by "people who have opposing views or political disputes, with the aim of creating a situation of chaos, disorder, and violence."

The grenade thrown at the Criminal Court on 7 March, which did not cause any injuries, came a month after two pipe bombs exploded near the BTS skytrain by Siam Paragon shopping mall on 2 February, slightly injuring one person.

Four suspects are currently in military custody in connection with the grenade attack. The military says there is evidence linking them to the Redshirt movement, which supported the government toppled by the military last May.

No one has been arrested in connection with the Siam Paragon bombing, but Pol.Gen. Somyot said today that police have identified suspects behind incident and are planning an arrest.

"I cannot say when we will arrest them and I cannot tell the media where the suspects are, because this concerns a police investigation, which cannot be revealed to the press," Pol.Gen. Somyot said.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1426056079

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-03-11

"I cannot say when we will arrest them and I cannot tell the media where the suspects are, because this concerns a police investigation, which cannot be revealed to the press," Pol.Gen. Somyot said.

In other words:

We have no idea who they are but we are still looking.

But there is no harm to tell the people about our fruitless efforts.

• Like 2

US criticises the junta, their legitimacy and martial law = pipe bombs at paragon

Widespread criticism of draft constitution on both sides = grenade attack at court

I wonder who has to gain from all of this? Go figure it's pretty fkin obvious and it aint the colour red

• Like 1

US criticises the junta, their legitimacy and martial law = pipe bombs at paragon

Widespread criticism of draft constitution on both sides = grenade attack at court

I wonder who has to gain from all of this? Go figure it's pretty fkin obvious and it aint the colour red

So you didn't notice that this wasn't the constitution court, it was the criminal court that just jailed a pack of red leaders?

And they were released on bail do you have any other points that's of relevance? ?

No coincidence he is wearing a red shirt in the picture. Cracking black eye to match. I am not judging here but the subliminal message says it all to who is guily.

So with your rational given that there is a Union flag badge on the shirt, do you think the UK government may also be behind it?

So you didn't notice that this wasn't the constitution court, it was the criminal court that just jailed a pack of red leaders?

And they were released on bail do you have any other points that's of relevance? ?

Red shirts jailed 6/3/15

Grenade attack 7/3/15

Red shirts bailed 9/3/15

So what effect did the 2 days future bail release have on the grenade attack, genius?

What effects did a grenade attack on an empty building have genius?

Do you think for a minute that attack was the reason for their bail?

You're another Kool aid drinker who can't see past his own narrow mindedness Halloween.

Tell me how many attacks happened yesterday the 10th as it was claimed that there was over 100 attacks planned for the 10th by redshirts by one of those caught.

You seriously thought the redshirts could wage a civil war too and yet they can't attack multiple targets ?

I know you're desperate to believe what's spoon fed to you but logic doesn't quite figure too much with you there days

Edited by Fat Haggis
  • Like 1

I don't have an agenda, I just prefer to keep options open and think outside the box, you should try it sometimes, it's amazing when you can see things from many different perspectives.

I refuse to cheerlead any side in Thailand as its not a football team and it doesn't make me any better if I did.

They are all as bad as each other!!!!

• Like 2

You're another Kool aid drinker who can't see past his own narrow mindedness Halloween.

Tell me how many attacks happened yesterday the 10th as it was claimed that there was over 100 attacks planned for the 10th by redshirts by one of those caught.

You seriously thought the redshirts could wage a civil war too and yet they can't attack multiple targets ?

I know you're desperate to believe what's spoon fed to you but logic doesn't quite figure too much with you there days

Please stop your gibberish apologist. The post that I replied to said there was no reason for the reds to attack the court - i provided one, and a timeline when YOU made reference to the bail. Where was there any mention of the bail except by you, or claim that the bail was influenced by the grenade attack.

And I have never supported the claim that multiple attacks will occur. a couple of paid useful fools were caught. more than likely, other like minded idiots will think twice.

its funny (peculiar) that those who claim to have unbiased perspective refuse to accept the most logical explanation, if it puts reds in a negative light.

In other words:

I'm going to disagree with you on this one Costas. Now that the Military has "stepped in" and given them a bit of a kick up the ass, the Police have been acting in a much more professional manner it seems recently.

Normally, they would announce the suspects name, address and then request them to present themselves at the station for arrest, giving them the chance to do a runner.

Now, we see them NOT doing this, yet still keeping the public up to date on things, but without giving the game away and simply making arrests ... i.e. doing their jobs.

Please stop your gibberish apologist. The post that I replied to said there was no reason for the reds to attack the court - i provided one, and a timeline when YOU made reference to the bail. Where was there any mention of the bail except by you, or claim that the bail was influenced by the grenade attack.

And I have never supported the claim that multiple attacks will occur. a couple of paid useful fools were caught. more than likely, other like minded idiots will think twice.

its funny (peculiar) that those who claim to have unbiased perspective refuse to accept the most logical explanation, if it puts reds in a negative light.

YOU were the one who mentioned bail in your response !!!!!

And you are just as big an apologist too.

What I DO care about and what I do support whole heartedly is the Monarchy and it worries me what will happen when the imminent event happens

I would be surprised if it was not linked. Most violence in Bangkok over the past 2 years was red driven.

Oh yes, the popcorn gunman. Cannot forget that guy amongst the 100's of attacks and deaths by the reds.

Halloween, I will try to keep this as simple as I can for you.

The Redshirts/PTPS/UDD are conniving rotten theives and their policies were inept and their contempt for the Thai population was enough to remove them from power.

The democrats are weak, pitiful lack leadership and directio, couldnt care less about the country outside of Bangkok

The Junts keep coming along and intefering in the failed policies and standards of the two previous mentioned groups

All of them suck, all of them have corrupt dealings, and all of them have their own agendas.

Now you tell me which side I am supposed to be "supporting" ?

Next up by your own words the redshirts don't have any logic or intelligence yeah? But logical and intelligent enough to take their movement into a country wide civil war?

Which is it? They can't be both sir.

You and several other members sound so very much like a Glaswegian who stops people in the streets of Glasgow to ask them what team do you support Rangers of Celtic? When there's actually more than one team in Glasgow, and then he follows up with are you a catholic or a protestant? as you simply have to be one or the other...... Do you understand how ridiculous that appears and sounds?

There isn't a single side worth "supporting " or championing as not one of them pays any interest in what the farangs say it think here. Until they day they offer me a say in who gets to represent my thoughts and beliefs I'll abstain from feeling I need to support any mob here.

Does it make you feel better "supporting " a side that couldn't care less about what you feel or think? Do you feel you're a better person morally because you do "support " a side in a country that offers you zero in terms of owning your own land and home, and being able to vote ?

I don't actually feel I have to support any side out here. Maybe because I don't live and breath Thai politics every day and get so embroiled in debates. I just don't understand the farangs who can't seem to live without their daily dosage of bovine scatology that is Thai politics.

Not one single political group out here is worth wasting effort on, as the military just keep returning at some point and it's back to square one all over again. Thailand is living proof of groundhog day!!

How would starting a country wide civil war be intelligent? Especially in support of a criminal family intent on pillaging the country?

It's a shame that your lack of self-benefit limits your interest. I have a wife and children here, and intend to retire here permanently, and interest in their future welfare encourages me to speak out when I see blatant wrong-doing and theft of the nation's resources, more so when it is disguised as faux-democracy.

And yes, the situation is cyclical. the poor standards of education and critical information available allow the gullible to be fooled into voting for criminals again and again. They should have shot the thieving mongrel in 2006.

I would be surprised if it was not linked. Most violence in Bangkok over the past 2 years was red driven.

Oh yes, the popcorn gunman. Cannot forget that guy amongst the 100's of attacks and deaths by the reds.

For sure.

The Reds have a history of bombings that cause panic but do very little real damage.

But in Thailand nothing can be ruled out.

Never a dull moment here.

In other words:

see it from another side,

they might watch several people which are suspius for this attack;

If they hear that police already behind them ,

they might make a mistake, try to flee for example,

than you know and catch them !!

Oh yes, it will be linked for sure if they want it link. The authority will find every and any reasons to justify their continuation and imposition of martial law. They even allow the bombers to carry out their act to be convincing. Irony that they have know the perpetrators and even the 100s targets and have been tracking them and yet not apprehend them before they carried out the act as normal law enforcers will do but allow them to complete the act and gave chase and a fire fight. Just to be convincing.

• Like 1

The US is a fascist state according to many US bloggers and the actual definition of the term. As such what credibility do they carry criticising anybody? Pot calling the kettle black.

lol, you make an argument defending red-shirts which is quickly shot to pieces so you ignore that and make up another crock.

Do yourself a favour and wait until you stop foaming at the mouth before posting again.

It's only obvious to those who believe they have the answer. However, those who need an authoritarian figure in their lives, in my opinion, will not see the colour red when mischief is afoot but will only see another colour. Those who are not so repressed that they can live without an authoritarian dictator to guide them may see any colour except red. What a conundrum especially for the poster who may fit into one of these categories.

According to one person who posted, the person is wearing a shirt decorate with the flag of the UK. May I point out that that is incorrect as our flag is RED, WHITE, AND BLUE not Red, Yellow, and blue. Secondly, the quadrants are incorrectly displayed. Get things right before putting fingers to the keyboard, or in your case should it be keybored?

YOU were the one who mentioned bail in your response !!!!!

And you are just as big an apologist too.

What I DO care about and what I do support whole heartedly is the Monarchy and it worries me what will happen when the imminent event happens

I refer you to post #8 and #10.

• Like 1