New 1155 and 1111 hotline launched for foreigners

webfact

PM Office unveils emergency hot lines for foreigners

hot.jpg

BANGKOK, 11 March 2015 (NNT) – In a bid to make lives in Thailand trouble-free for foreigners, the Office of the Prime Minister has launched two hotlines to handle international tourists' and residents' complaints.

According to Minister and Permanent Secretary of the Office of the Prime Minister M.L. Panadda Diskul, the hotlines are the latest effort of the government and the National Council for Peace and Order to extend assistance to foreigners living in and visiting the kingdom.

S everal agencies already have their own units tasked with facilitating and helping people from foreign countries. However, the fact that these agencies work independently has led to their having to do duplicate jobs. The Office of the Prime Minister has, therefore, decided to launch special hot lines 1155 and 1111 to receive and follow up on the complaints of foreigners in Thailand, said M.L. Panadda.

Those wanting to notify police of emergency cases may call the Tourist Police Division’s hot line 1155. The government’s hot line 1111, which is linked to different state and independent agencies, will be responsible for general complaints. Interpreters will be on hand to facilitate callers. The service is available round the clock.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-11 footer_n.gif

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New 1155 hotline launched for foreigners

BANGKOK: -- The Tourist Police Division has been ordered by the PM's Office to open 1155 hotline for receiving complaints of foreigners, Deputy Permanent Secretary for PM's Office Chamroen Yuttithamsakulsa said.

The hotline will receive complaints on urgent issues and there will be interpreters to help police receive the complaints.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-11

I don't want to hear ever again, from anybody, that this government does not care about us foreigners.

Happiness to Thai people and a little happiness to the foreigners.

I believe it's more to come.

Visa relaxation perhaps?

You never know..........miracles do happen sometimes..........

I love these photos where a load of people who had nothing to do with the work and have no idea what it is all about stand in front of a backdrop and try to get a load of credit for something they didn't do - just because they're wearing a tie doesn't mean they are important.

BANGKOK: -- The Tourist Police Division has been ordered by the PM's Office to open 1155 hotline for receiving complaints of foreigners, Deputy Permanent Secretary for PM's Office Chamroen Yuttithamsakulsa said.
The hotline will receive complaints on urgent issues and there will be interpreters to help police receive the complaints.
nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-03-11

The short tourist police number 1155 exists already for years.

As usual nearly 100% negative comments to what is a positive announcement. Give it a chance for Gods sake. Am sure that if announcement such as no visas required for over 65s, would still get nothing but negativity on these pages. Unless locked up in jail to my knowledge no Westerner is being forced to live here against their will.

New 1155 and 1111 hotline launched for foreigners

the hotlines are the latest effort to extend assistance to foreigners

ahem, both of these lines have been around since years, I have called 1111 several times over the years for info. But, anyway, nice photo op with the usual officials standing ramrod straight and looking lively...

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-03-11

The short tourist police number 1155 exists already for years.

Yeap, the 1155 has been around for years. But the 1111 is new I think (maybe not).. Better article in today's Bangkok Post on the subject.

Edited by Pib

I don't want to hear ever again, from anybody, that this government does not care about us foreigners.

Visa relaxation perhaps?

Costas are you on the government payroll as a public relations outlet or something?

Visa relaxation perhaps?

You are getting excited and happy about 2 lines that already exist?

Operator ... !! please help me ... I've been robbed .. !!!

Hellooow ... hellooow ... giggle !!

Please .. please ..... can I speak to someone in english ... !! quickly please !!

Helllooow ..... giggle .... giggle ..... no sapeek ingrit ... ...............................................cut

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

As usual nearly 100% negative comments to what is a positive announcement. Give it a chance for Gods sake. Am sure that if announcement such as no visas required for over 65s, would still get nothing but negativity on these pages. Unless locked up in jail to my knowledge no Westerner is being forced to live here against their will.

That's because it's only the announcement that is "positive" . Worthless if not implemented . I was negative about the " positive announcement" of the F1 Grand Prix being held in BKK this year ....and, guess what......I'm still not upbeat about it !

If you have ever tried to call 1155 in an emergency, you will probably find as I did, nobody answers the phone and it just rings out. Negative comments? Yes well founded!

Visa relaxation perhaps?

I applaud them as well but let's not get carried away there Costas2008. When foreigners have been getting murdered at a consistent AND increasing rate in your country while the number of tourists visiting your country is simultaneously declining, are you that gullable to think that they truly "care" or that they've kinda been forced to do this? I'm guessing the later. Let's not act like they have been 100% proactive about this or other issues regarding foreigners. Thailand is very reactionary in my opinion. Don't mistake "We need to cover our ass" for "We could do a lot more for the wonderful foreigners who come to visit us." They could've put this into motion moons ago. That being said, better late than never and by gollie I hope that darn system works for those who really need to use it.