Fake Police Officer and suspected drug dealer caught in East Pattaya

webfact

Fake Police Officer and suspected drug dealer caught in East Pattaya

pol.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 37 year old man, who posed as a Police Captain, was caught with 1,800 Yabba Tablets, a Police Uniform and hundreds of fake Police ID cards in East Pattaya on Thursday afternoon.

A press conference was held to announce the arrest of Khun Ponpipat, a Cousin of a senior local government official from Banglamung. He was arrested close to his place of residence which was subsequently searched, uncovering police uniforms, a gun, fake Police ID cards and the drugs.

Even during his arrest he informed officers he was a Police Captain at Banglamung Police Station and officers should be very careful. Despite this, he was arrested and was later questioned when he revealed he has been drug dealing for 8 months and would purchase Yabba Tablets from a dealer based in Chiang Rai Province in the North of Thailand in batches of 2,000 tablets.

For the last 3 months he has transported the drugs in his car to Pattaya and would wear a Police Uniform which avoided any problems at checkpoints he would encounter during his journey. He was able to reproduce the ID cards through information he found on the internet.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/176012/fake-police-officer-and-suspected-drug-dealer-caught-in-east-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-13

I'm thinking they're all fakes as no one is pointing which isn't standard procedure.

I see thier mate Somchai couldn't make the photo op so they brought along his photo and saved a position for him on the right.
  • Like 1

How wonderfully reassuring !

Now I know that if a Thai policeman is rude to me, or tries to extort money from me for one reason or other, or involved with drugs somehow, the explanation is simple : he's a fake !

Real Thai policemen would never do such things. (And the shop that sells those fake uniforms must be making a pot of gold).

Edited by Yann55

Just because you have certified documents, passed the exam, does not make you a Police officer, as the term implies

Occupation Police Officer

Activity sectors

Law enforcement, public safety, civil service, public service, rescue, security

Description Competencies
Physical fitness, sense of justice, knowledge of the law, communication skills, bravery, quick thinking under pressure, competence at legal paper work, problem solving

Edited by thhMan

I'm amazed how easy it is for the real police to make him confess to all this . Did they find yaba tablets in his home ?

Edited by balo

Sure seems I see a lot of stories here about fake police. Way too many......

Am thinking that a few of these so called " fake police" that are involved

in standard criminal activities, are in fact real police. So calling them fake

is an easy out to try and save whatever is left of face for the Royal Thai

" Police"......