Changi voted World's Best Airport for third year running

webfact

Changi voted World's Best Airport for third year running

13-3-2558-10-50-14-wpcf_728x406.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Singapore's Changi Airport clinched the World's Best Airport title for the third consecutive year at the 2015 World Airport, according to Channel NewsAsia.

The airport was voted tops by air travellers, ahead of South Korea’s Incheon International Airport and Germany’s Munich Airport. This is the sixth time Changi Airport has picked up the title at the World Airport Awards, according to the press release.

Changi Airport also picked up the Best Airport for Leisure Amenities title – the 7th time it has done so – for facilities including cinemas, swimming pool and napping and rest areas.

Lee Seow Hiang, Chief Executive Officer of Changi Airport Group, said the recognition comes at a time of transformation at Changi Airport.

The World Airport Awards are based on 13.02 million customer nominations across air travellers of 112 nationalities, and included 550 airports worldwide. The survey evaluates customer satisfaction across 39 key performance indicators for airport service and product, from check-in, arrivals, transfers, shopping, security and immigration, through to departure at the gate.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/changi-voted-worlds-best-airport-for-third-year-running

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-13

I like Changi. If there was one thing I was a bit perturbed by it was soldiers with automatic weapons patrolling around....just not used to that having spent so many years in a country where even the police on the street don't carry arms (NZ).

• Like 2

I like Changi. If there was one thing I was a bit perturbed by it was soldiers with automatic weapons patrolling around....just not used to that having spent so many years in a country where even the police on the street don't carry arms (NZ).

. Been to London same same

Not enough brilliant ideas from the TAT?

Btw - pretty wise step not to mention where Thailand ended up in the ranking. Another true sample of editorial freedom.

Awards are based on 13.02 million customer nominations across air travelers of 112 nationalities, and included 550 airports worldwide.

My wild guess is, the swamp ended up at the end in the ha roi hahaha section.

• Like 1

It depends on whose data you use which determines who comes where in the rankings. The Airports Council International is the only recognised representative of world airport rankings and they place Incheon International Airport in first place with Singapore Changi in second.

I haven't been to South Korea so I've no idea what Incheon International is like, but I do like Changi and fly AMS-SIN-HKT whenever I come to Thailand.

I've flown AMS-BKK-HKT and it was OK while domestic LCC flights departed from swampy, but when budget flights relocated to Don Mueang, it just became too much of a hassle getting from BKK to DMK especially after an 11 hour flight from Amsterdam.

• Like 1

I have to agree with many posters. It is without a doubt my favorite airport and one of the only airports that I actually enjoy. I have, more than once, scheduled an earlier flight through Singapore so that I could spend a couple of hours at the Airport! That's something I have done at any other airport.

• Like 1

Having traveled through both Changi and Incheon I don't think anyone could reasonably argue with Singapore being the number one airport, it really is in a class of it's own in both comfort and facilities.

On the other hand (and this is just my opinion) Incheon is no where near that standard, it is a nice airport but is nothing remarkable or special.

I am also surprised at some of the comments regarding Suvarnabhumi, why are you all so down on that place? I have traveled through it literally dozens of times in the last few years and have found it quite enjoyable. A few restaurants and bars where you can spend a few hours without any hardship, yes it's not in the same class as Changi but neither does it have the Changi prices! If the shopping is your thing then that is one thing Suvarnabhumi does better than Singers, I believe that is as good as you'll get anywhere!

Everyone has a right to disagree with me and downplay Bangkok's airport, but try spending half a day in Sydney, Perth or Melbourne "International Airport" and then tell me we don't have it good here, they are on a par with Gimhae which, believe me, is an aircraft hanger with lights, rice tea and no bar...

Where does NY's JFK Intl rank?

. I think LAX should be Condemned , non stop construction and nothing improves, you get off the plane and you feel like a Rat chasing cheese through the construction maze , Absolute Worst...

London Heathrow and Frankfurt are both disorganised, unfriendly airports which have grown huge with little or no real planning and can be a nightmare to transfer through. I cannot see how they can rank so highly, except by number of frustrated passengers who pass through them each year.

I can't believe Sydney made the list what a hell hole of an airport but it seems to be in the list with other dung homes such as London etc.

Singapore is fantastic.....I bet Dubai is very unhappy with their ranking 55555 especially with Abu Dgabi in front of them ....... Lol

Having traveled through both Changi and Incheon I don't think anyone could reasonably argue with Singapore being the number one airport, it really is in a class of it's own in both comfort and facilities.

On the other hand (and this is just my opinion) Incheon is no where near that standard, it is a nice airport but is nothing remarkable or special.

I am also surprised at some of the comments regarding Suvarnabhumi, why are you all so down on that place? I have traveled through it literally dozens of times in the last few years and have found it quite enjoyable. A few restaurants and bars where you can spend a few hours without any hardship, yes it's not in the same class as Changi but neither does it have the Changi prices! If the shopping is your thing then that is one thing Suvarnabhumi does better than Singers, I believe that is as good as you'll get anywhere!

Everyone has a right to disagree with me and downplay Bangkok's airport, but try spending half a day in Sydney, Perth or Melbourne "International Airport" and then tell me we don't have it good here, they are on a par with Gimhae which, believe me, is an aircraft hanger with lights, rice tea and no bar...

oh and the one thing Changi doesn't have which SUV does is being accused of shop lifting in duty free and then "kidnapped" and extorted for money wink.png

The price difference between SUV and Changi in duty free are not that different, so going to disagree with your statement.

SUV is not the worst airport but nowhere close to the best, it is very "sterile" airport and have worked on some industrial sites which appear more complete, the "industrial design/theme" of SUV is not appropriate and doesn't work in this case and the insertion of "Thai inspired motifs" throughout the airport makes it appear very "tacky"

well then perhaps you should go back there. most feel a little better with armed protection close by. we live in hard times. its a hard world, get used to it. :-)