Timer for Water pipes,clockwork or solar

Any ideas welcome for non mains timers so that can water veg for ltd span after heat off the day

Its not a farm just a plot around 30x20m but will dry out if unwaterd

An auto system ideal when we are away,of course I could employ someone to turn a switch or satnd with a hose but my ideal solution will be a battery or solar powered set up so safe and cannot be left on for weeks by our gardener such that electic and water bills 10x his pay or clockwork timer valve?

No rush and if need to import will do

Have looked on Ali where all kind of solar pumps but O am not an engineer.

Lo tech solution is move in a relative but that too has drawbacks

I just ordered this one: http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Irritrol-Sprinkler-Irrigation-Controller-p/tc-12in-r.htm They have many brands and models available. I have never seen anything worth a damn in this department here in Thailand.

I will use it for lawn irrigation, and have extra stations for vegetable, garden, etc. I do not like the battery operated ones, I have heard of the batteries failing with the water on. Solar would be nice.

Here try this Thai located company, I am sure that they have what you want. I was looking for a 3 way valve that I saw in one of their catalogs and sent them an email (in English) and they replied with the name of a retailer in a couple of hours

Here is their web site:

http://www.superproducts.co.th/index.html

Specifically, timers are here:

http://www.superproducts.co.th/English/swf/section04.pdf

Here try this Thai located company, I am sure that they have what you want. I was looking for a 3 way valve that I saw in one of their catalogs and sent them an email (in English) and they replied with the name of a retailer in a couple of hours

Here is their web site:

http://www.superproducts.co.th/index.html

Specifically, timers are here:

http://www.superproducts.co.th/English/swf/section04.pdf

I would like to add, that you can get a printed copy of SP catalog with most prices

for free, just ask them to send you one.

rice555

I do not know about the prices of Super Products, per se, but Thai prices for this stuff (if it is good quality) seems to be through the roof. I am using Nelson Signature pop-up sprinkler heads and nozzles. They have them at a local store and they charge the Thai catalog price for them. A friend is using them and is satisfied with the quality. I was going to buy them, then just for kicks, I looked them up at a US supplier. I was floored we I saw that they cost more than three times as much here for these simple lightweight plastic parts. I can think of no justification for this. There is no way that shipping, import duty or VAT tax could more than triple the retail price here. No, it is a giant profit going into somebody's pocket -- probably the importing middle man member of the Bangkok wealthy elite (but that's speculation).

In any event, I needed 126 sets and saved $720US by buying them online in the US! That will more than subsidize shiping and any tax or duty that might be imposed, with significant savings left in my pocket.

I took a look at the timers on the Super Products site and saw NOTHING that even remotely compared to the sophisticated Irritrol 12 station model with rain sensor and pump control relay I purchased from the US for $183 (~6,000 ThB). The Irritrol carries a five year guarantee. Thai guarantees seldom go more than a year. Granted, a US guarantee is not going to do me much good here, but the fact that the company offers a five year guarantees says something about its confidence in its own products. That, in turn, give me confidence.

And the Super Products online "catalog" gives no prices. WTƑ? It sure would be nice to see the prices online for comparison. I'll email and ask them to send me a printed one.

Thanks for posting it, Langsuanman. I did see something I want that I have never seen here, and that's the plastic zone valve boxes, which are too big to ship from the US. If they are ridiculously expensive here in Thailand, I'll just use concrete. The big rectangular ones that will handle two valves with regulators cost about 690 ThB in the US. I'd pay up to 800 ThB here, but not a satang more.

Honestly, I live here and have tried to wean myself off importing things that I can't get here. But when they want 300% more for the same thing, I just can't quite swallow it.

Edited by WheresWaldo

They don't have prices on their online catalog because they are a wholesaler, not a retailer, which you may have noticed when they list the pcs/ Packing on the last column of each item

That is why I reported that they quickly answered an email directing me to a retailer, who unfortunately did not have the 3 way valve I was after

I am spending $18.39 for postage and handling for a $33.99 valve, but since it is not available in Thailand I really have no choice. This is low since the valve does not weigh much but I ordered something else valued at $24.99 and am paying $53.17 because of it's weight

Unfortunately I am not saving as much by buying overseas as you have indicated and I haven't even had to deal with Thai Customs yet, but be assured I am staying away from DHL, FEDEX or UPS

Edited by Langsuan Man

Hello All, SP has a store down across from the elephant looking building

about a mile down from Central Lad Phro mall, most all catalog items are

on display and things not in the printed cat.

If you are spending a few bucks, they have a discount card, I've had mine

for 6 years.

Import plastic items can be taxed at 30% plus the ++taxes even by "mail".

Rain Bird had a store in BKK at one time.

rice555

post-37242-0-91651000-1426491051_thumb.j

They don't have prices on their online catalog because they are a wholesaler, not a retailer, which you may have noticed when they list the pcs/ Packing on the last column of each item

That is why I reported that they quickly answered an email directing me to a retailer, who unfortunately did not have the 3 way valve I was after

I am spending $18.39 for postage and handling for a $33.99 valve, but since it is not available in Thailand I really have no choice. This is low since the valve does not weigh much but I ordered something else valued at $24.99 and am paying $53.17 because of it's weight

Unfortunately I am not saving as much by buying overseas as you have indicated and I haven't even had to deal with Thai Customs yet, but be assured I am staying away from DHL, FEDEX or UPS

Even wholesalers will often list MSRP. I emailed them, but the catalogues are out of stock. I have since asked for a price list. Many of these wholesalers try to redirect you to a retailer, but that seldom works where I live in Phitsanulok. If they even have a "retailer," it is usually a tiny mom and pop with zero stock, no price lists and no english whatsoever. I run into this all the time, then I have to email the wholesaler again begging them to deal with me, and they usually do at that point.

Tax and duty in Thailand is calculated on CIF (cost + insurance + freight), which is why the tax often appears so high (you are also paying tax on shipping cost).

To calculate potential tax and duty, you can start here: http://igtf.customs.go.th/igtf/en/main_frame.jsp

If your valve is plastic, non-electric and with no pressure regulator, the total tax (if they catch it at all) should be import tax of 3% on CIF + VAT of 7% calculated on the whole total.

Hello All, if you have a large/heavy package sent by mail with a low value listed,

you run more of a chance of being checked.

I ran into the 30% on plastic products back in 2003 with plant clips and plant hangers

with twine, I had to do the customs PO by the Hula Lompong(BKK train station).

Also ran into the tax when I was checking to get a roll of W on B 12" poly tubing.

rice555

post-37242-0-96495100-1426573652_thumb.j