PM needs to take a blow on the chin and move on

Lite Beer

Prayut needs to see this through and then say "I told you so" when democracy is restored. He needs to ignore the bitter and twisted and move ahead with not restoring, but bringing democracy to the country that he loves.

He could look upon Fiji for inspiration. The UN and USA spewed the same narrative as they do with Thailand now when Frank Bainimarama staged a coup in Fiji. Then as Frank had promised restored democracy and actually won the election in a landslide. Ban Ki-Moon even acknowledged this success of democracy.

Prayut can take solace the majority of Thai's support him ergo support peace and stability. The other 7% are why reform is needed.

Good luck Prayut. Time will show that you are sincere.

You want to pick Fiji, but Fiji is nothing compared to Taiwan. Taiwan contends with an aggressive neighbor to the north and still maintains civil liberties.

Why doesn't the good general follow the Fiji or Taiwan examples instead of whining about the Americans ?

The bread quote was a perfect careless example stating westerners eat bread and Thais eat rice. In Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam, they eat a lot of bread (it is good too). How much does he even know about his neighbors ?

Usually wake up every morning thinking things will get better. and we can expand business in Thailand employing more people. But usually I am wrong. Think you will be too. He will most likely cater to the Thai elites when it is all done.

P.M. Prayut should concentrate on Thailand and it,s problems, based mainly around massive corruption in the police force. Worrying about the opinion of a country where important decisions are made by people who have absolutely no field experience or any idea of what they are talking about should not concern him. Rise above them, Khun Prayut, you are doing a great job :)

• Like 2

P.M. Prayut should concentrate on Thailand and it,s problems, based mainly around massive corruption in the police force. Worrying about the opinion of a country where important decisions are made by people who have absolutely no field experience or any idea of what they are talking about should not concern him. Rise above them, Khun Prayut, you are doing a great job smile.png

Not quite sure who you mean by "people who have absolutely no field experience or any idea of what they are talking about should not concern him"

Surely that should be a concern to him? Thailand has an abundance of these sorts of people running government, That's why the country is in the situation it is!

Whoever is really in power, pointed to P. and said 'you volunteer'. 'The press will be on your back relentlessly because you think this coup is about you.' 'Truth is we need a scapegoat...for the time it takes to arrange the next step'

Can we take this seriously? Naw

I do not want to continually hear about what you did for the country last May...what are you doing now...and what plans are being acted upon to move the country forward...to free up the press and remove martial law...?

Is this the same guy who wants to punch people in the head.

Would love to c some transperency with his bank accounts since he took over.. What odds he can't account for where all his coin has come from.

Huh, what's that you say, I can write my own ticket. Thought so!!!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good article. alt=thumbsup.gif>

It seems that a little criticism is being permitted lately, which is fine, hopefully with no offensive name calling and crass comments (lacking sensitivity, refinement, or intelligence.) Keep it civil.

There has always been criticism only now they are not allowed to hold huge rallies to incite the people by the shear number of people. They never said any thing new just reiterated over and over the same old crap while place themselves in a position of mortal danger.

In deciding to rid the country of one family, he has made the assumption that there is no support for that political faction. That is not true.

He is being spiteful to his critics internationally. I hope he enjoys his alliance with China, a country known for its compassion and caring and extending humanitarian assistance to all.

I wonder how long it will be before North Korean's get a 30 day visa upon arrival.

His intentions may be good, but his methods are highly suspect. I think the old saying is true, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Funny the country was going to hell under the PTP and they had no good intentions.wai.gif

P.M. Prayut should concentrate on Thailand and it,s problems, based mainly around massive corruption in the police force. Worrying about the opinion of a country where important decisions are made by people who have absolutely no field experience or any idea of what they are talking about should not concern him. Rise above them, Khun Prayut, you are doing a great job smile.png

Sorry have lost a lot of interest in the topic of the National government since I saw they had the real deal in control.

How ever it does seem to me that there has been a lot of change in the police department. Recently two police chiefs in different communities were removed because they were and this was what the paper said concentrating on getting fines rather than enforcing the law. Seems to me there is a lot more drugs being discovered and they are not making special prearranged parties to do it. They are doing it in the course of their normal job.

Not by any means claiming they are perfect or ever will be but they are far better than what they were.wai.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good article. alt=thumbsup.gif>

It seems that a little criticism is being permitted lately, which is fine, hopefully with no offensive name calling and crass comments (lacking sensitivity, refinement, or intelligence.) Keep it civil.

There has always been criticism only now they are not allowed to hold huge rallies to incite the people by the shear number of people. They never said any thing new just reiterated over and over the same old crap while place themselves in a position of mortal danger.

In deciding to rid the country of one family, he has made the assumption that there is no support for that political faction. That is not true.

He is being spiteful to his critics internationally. I hope he enjoys his alliance with China, a country known for its compassion and caring and extending humanitarian assistance to all.

I wonder how long it will be before North Korean's get a 30 day visa upon arrival.

His intentions may be good, but his methods are highly suspect. I think the old saying is true, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Funny the country was going to hell under the PTP and they had no good intentions.wai.gif

The country was moving ahead in leaps and bounds prior to the 2006. The last 10 years have been wasted due to the minority's unwillingness to accept one man one vote democracy. Sabotage, sabotage, sabotage. Destroy everything until the entire nation is on the precipice of collapse and then roll in with the tanks. The last 2 coups have cost Thailand 100 times more than the budget of the rice scheme.

• Like 1

The PM shouldn't worry so much about the USA , they are in his corner but have to piss about an elected body. Meanwhile the PM should continue on with his agenda , clean up the streets, move the farm animals and farm people back to the farms. and get all in order for an election later this year.

"Nobody doubts his intention was good"

Really? Seriously? Nobody?

Well I am sure there are people out there who do doubt it. How ever I would be willing to bet that a lot of them doubt it because they are receiving money from out of country to do so.

Prayut needs to see this through and then say "I told you so" when democracy is restored. He needs to ignore the bitter and twisted and move ahead with not restoring, but bringing democracy to the country that he loves.

He could look upon Fiji for inspiration. The UN and USA spewed the same narrative as they do with Thailand now when Frank Bainimarama staged a coup in Fiji. Then as Frank had promised restored democracy and actually won the election in a landslide. Ban Ki-Moon even acknowledged this success of democracy.

Prayut can take solace the majority of Thai's support him ergo support peace and stability. The other 7% are why reform is needed.

Yes the majority Thai's want peace and stability, but not under him and his cronies. They want peace and stability under a government that they have elected and they don't want that government to be overthrown everytime the army's paymasters don't like the government. Please inform us what reforms this junta have brought about? Have they reformed education, land ownership, equal justice for all, income inequality, the police force, the army, have they reformed the corrupt civil service - no and again no. Nothing has happened, the only thing they have done is to get rid of people they don't like and put their cronies inplace. They are inprocess of indebting this country for the next 2 generations with their mega projects. Most of the funding for these projects will be foreign which open the country to future exchange rate losses on top of the B 5 tn they going to spend. The worst part is that they are bringing in their cronies on the rail projects and they are doing it in plain sight. These cronies was the same ones that financed the 2013/14 protest. If you start to put 2 and 2 together it is clear why they overthrew YS and the answer is money and power, not reforms.

Ah another retread or new comer to Thailand. The majority of the Thai people probably could care less who the leader is if they have peace and stability.

Has any one else noticed the lack of malcontents from just 6 months ago to the number of new posters who are discontent with the Junta? I have not really been following the National lately as it is doing so good why bother. so it was a bit of a surprise to see the lack of older people and the amount of new people all saying the same thing.

Then again I am smart enough to know that it takes a long time to root out the evil and can not be done just like that. After the election there will still be evil that needs weeding out. It is a never ending project in all countries.

as for the election I believe it will be in less than one year.

Well I am sure there are people out there who do doubt it. How ever I would be willing to bet that a lot of them doubt it because they are receiving money from out of country to do so.

<snip>

So you think that the majority of TV members, and also the known yellow supporter The Nation, are all paid from abroad ?

As for your election in less than one year, that's exactly what Prayuth said on the 22nd of May 2014.

Yes the majority Thai's want peace and stability, but not under him and his cronies. They want peace and stability under a government that they have elected and they don't want that government to be overthrown everytime the army's paymasters don't like the government. Please inform us what reforms this junta have brought about? Have they reformed education, land ownership, equal justice for all, income inequality, the police force, the army, have they reformed the corrupt civil service - no and again no. Nothing has happened, the only thing they have done is to get rid of people they don't like and put their cronies inplace. They are inprocess of indebting this country for the next 2 generations with their mega projects. Most of the funding for these projects will be foreign which open the country to future exchange rate losses on top of the B 5 tn they going to spend. The worst part is that they are bringing in their cronies on the rail projects and they are doing it in plain sight. These cronies was the same ones that financed the 2013/14 protest. If you start to put 2 and 2 together it is clear why they overthrew YS and the answer is money and power, not reforms.

Ah another retread or new comer to Thailand. The majority of the Thai people probably could care less who the leader is if they have peace and stability.

Has any one else noticed the lack of malcontents from just 6 months ago to the number of new posters who are discontent with the Junta? I have not really been following the National lately as it is doing so good why bother. so it was a bit of a surprise to see the lack of older people and the amount of new people all saying the same thing.

Then again I am smart enough to know that it takes a long time to root out the evil and can not be done just like that. After the election there will still be evil that needs weeding out. It is a never ending project in all countries.

Nobody knows what the majority of Thais want right now because they have been silenced and censored by the Junta.

I have grave doubts about your "smarts" if you believe the Junta is rooting out evil and not feathering its own bed.

Election in less than a year? Maybe, maybe not. And not what can anybody do about it?

There is plenty of downside to unelected authoritarian regimes.

If only you were smart enough to realise this.