Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Last Friday evening I saw a "New" Everest on Silom around 7pm, dark blue. Grey market?

The "All new Everest" is not available yet - so if it looked like the car below it may be a pre-production one being tested - as it's built in Thailand so there may be a few about.

But there's also the "little bit new Everest" which is the old model with a curvier nose and slightly different rear lights - and that's a run-out facelift model that was on sale late last year.

Everest.jpg

Yea that was it I think, dark blue only saw it in passing as I was up on the skytrain walkway between the mrt at Silom but saw the badge on the front.

Probably was the 2015 Everest you saw - it officially launches later this month.

I saw a 2015 Everest on the Motorway between Chonburi and Sir Racha on the 18th.

Had the taxi driver pull up behind, beside, and in front of it. Looked very nice. Black in colour.

Had the 3.2L Wildtrack for a year and half now and love it.

Little early for an upgrade but I like what I see and want one

Well, anyone can see the new Everest now - and it's available for immediate bookings (unlike the minor change Ranger) :)

The range starts out with Titanium level spec only ATM - so all versions are well equipped with leather seats, 6 airbags, traction & stability control, auto headlamps, auto windshield wipers, 8" touch screen with SYNC, dual zone climate control with rear AC, cruise control and power windows/mirrors/locks.

1.27M Gets you the 2.2L Titanium 6AT 2WD (now uprated to 160HP)

1.46M Changes the 2.2L for the 200HP 3.2L and adds 4WD

1.60M Gets the top-spec 3.2L 4WD Titanium+ model, which adds moon roof, power folding 3rd row seats, power tailgate door, reversing camera & sensors, headlamp washers, park assist, and a few little interior accessories.

^ Maybe stupid question, but does the cheapest Titanium not include the folding 3rd row seats?

Has, but you have to fold them manually - in the Titanium+ you just push a button. The tailgate door also opens and closes, but again manually, not pushing a button :)

Fair prices for outside the US.

Why? Are they manufactured in the US?

James, I never see you complaining about the also relatively high Nissan prices. Why is that?

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

James, I never see you complaining about the also relatively high Nissan prices. Why is that?

I'm pretty sure he knows that it's completely futile comparing US car prices to Thailand - I think he's just looking for a way to express his sticker shock ;)

At around 150K more than the next most expensive, non-limited-edition PPV on the market (Fortuner 3.0 V), the Everest really has pushed up the ceiling quite a bit...

Just wondering why it would be cheaper in the USA... as for Nissan, 1.4 is it for the new xtrail top version, jury is still out I guess, I think the new pricing on the Subaru xv is interesting.

Just wondering why it would be cheaper in the USA... as for Nissan, 1.4 is it for the new xtrail top version, jury is still out I guess, I think the new pricing on the Subaru xv is interesting.

Cars are always significantly cheaper in the US than Europe.

A random example:

1.5L Toyota Yaris (Base model) US - 484,150THB

1.1L Toyota Yaris (Base model) UK - 534,667THB

1.3L Toyota Yaris (Base Model) TH - 469,000THB

Well, anyone can see the new Everest now - and it's available for immediate bookings (unlike the minor change Ranger) smile.png

The range starts out with Titanium level spec only ATM - so all versions are well equipped with leather seats, 6 airbags, traction & stability control, auto headlamps, auto windshield wipers, 8" touch screen with SYNC, dual zone climate control with rear AC, cruise control and power windows/mirrors/locks.

1.60M Gets the top-spec 3.2L 4WD Titanium+ model, which adds moon roof, power folding 3rd row seats, power tailgate door, reversing camera & sensors, headlamp washers, park assist, and a few little interior accessories.

Would there be a significant different in performance between the 2.2 and 3.2 (given that the 4wd on the 3.2, and the engine itself will increase the weight)?

Would there be a significant different in performance between the 2.2 and 3.2 (given that the 4wd on the 3.2, and the engine itself will increase the weight)?

I think the extra cylinder plus and extra thousand cc will give a noticeable increase in performance, even with the extra weight.

Well, anyone can see the new Everest now - and it's available for immediate bookings (unlike the minor change Ranger) smile.png

I've often thought that people in Thailand buy much more displacement than they need, especially in these big PPV SUVs and pickups. Given that most large population terrains in Thailand are flat, combined with only occasional trips to mountains, and that these same urban warriors rarely, if ever, engage FWD, much less, open the sunroof, it's senseless for most to buy the bigger engine and top spec, especially in this new Everest. I know many on this forum disagree with this, but in reality, it's most likely true. That Titanium 2.2L at 160HP would be the way to go for most, and is quite affordable.

I've often thought that people in Thailand buy much more displacement than they need, especially in these big PPV SUVs and pickups. Given that most large population terrains in Thailand are flat, combined with only occasional trips to mountains, and that these same urban warriors rarely, if ever, engage FWD, much less, open the sunroof, it's senseless for most to buy the bigger engine and top spec, especially in this new Everest. I know many on this forum disagree with this, but in reality, it's most likely true. That Titanium 2.2L at 160HP would be the way to go for most, and is quite affordable.

I would want to know the weight of the Everest before picking the 2.2L version. 3.2L and 200hp are not particularly excessive for a vehicle likely to be well over 2 tonnes empty.

Power is needed for acceleration, especially at highway speeds. 4WD use normally does not need high hp because the speed is low. This is why older generation mechanical injection pickups with ~100hp are fine off road, but slugs on the highway.

I would want to know the weight of the Everest before picking the 2.2L version. 3.2L and 200hp are not particularly excessive for a vehicle likely to be well over 2 tonnes empty.

Power is needed for acceleration, especially at highway speeds. 4WD use normally does not need high hp because the speed is low. This is why older generation mechanical injection pickups with ~100hp are fine off road, but slugs on the highway.

Right - just a quick look at others in the segment shows that SUV-izing a pickup adds 300-400KG to the curb weight - and the Ranger already tops the scales a coupe of hundred kilos more than it's rivals.

The extra 10HP from the tweaked 2.2L isn't enough to overcome that kind of added lard.

Where does torque fit into this for accelerating and climbing hills ... is it just bhp that's important?

Think of torque as "horsepower availability range" - more torque at lower RPM gives you better pulling power at a wider range of engine and road speeds, lower torque means less pulling power, but ultimately the same performance at max revs if the HP is the same.

In short, more torque at lower RPM is just more drivable - no matter what the engine speed, when you put your right foot down, it will have more of an effect - there's less need to wait for the revs to rise before you really get moving.

Of course, the two are inter-related - Metric HP = (torque x RPM) / 7032

If you make more torque, without decreasing redline RPM, you make more HP.

If you make higher RPM, without decreasing torque, you make more HP.

In the case of climbing hills and accelerating - if you're pushing hard and near/at redline, HP wins. If you're taking it easy, more torque will do the same job, but at lower RPM, so will feel more "relaxed".

At the end of the day, more HP wins for outright grunt, but more torque is always a good thing smile.png

Edited by IMHO

I agree with all of the above...however, for Thailand flat, mostly in-city soccer-mom type people hauling in this big wagon, that the 2.2L is enough for most Thai customers. sorry.gif

Indeed - so long as you're at least as fast as everyone else, you're OK. Not too hard to do in TH wink.png

But some of us like our overtaking to last 5 seconds rather than 10,20,30 wink.png

Edited by IMHO

I agree with all of the above...however, for Thailand flat, mostly in-city soccer-mom type people hauling in this big wagon, that the 2.2L is enough for most Thai customers. sorry.gif

Indeed - so long as you're at least as fast as everyone else, you're OK. Not too hard to do in TH wink.png

But some of us like our overtaking to last 5 seconds rather than 10,20,30 wink.png

I imagine the faux 3.2 badges from China will once again become top selling...lol

I imagine the faux 3.2 badges from China will once again become top selling...lol

Just chip the 2.2, and save over 100K - done :)

Is the top model 3.2 really worth the extra premium over the basic 3.2? I just see the reversing camera I'd really want (don't need a moon roof in LoS). Chipping the 2.2, like IMHO said, would seem viable if 4wd was not required. But how will the everest stack up against the new fortuner when it arrives? Any specs on that?

Is the top model 3.2 really worth the extra premium over the basic 3.2? I just see the reversing camera I'd really want (don't need a moon roof in LoS). Chipping the 2.2, like IMHO said, would seem viable if 4wd was not required. But how will the everest stack up against the new fortuner when it arrives? Any specs on that?

there is a new fortuner? when where ? lol

Well, anyone can see the new Everest now - and it's available for immediate bookings (unlike the minor change Ranger) :)

Can't get the 3.2 in 2WD?