Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

Don't want to park too close to his old Ranger though ...bit afraid that the rust might crawl across tongue.png .

Oi!! That old bus helped (and is still helping) build our home.

I can't see you allowing 1/2 a ton of sand and gravel, 200 hedge plants or 20 odd bags of bull-sh1t in the back of the EV :)

Wifey has decreed that if we get a new car it must be a pickup, or I have to keep the Ranger as a plant transporter.

Now, about that Cobra replicar ...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't want to park too close to his old Ranger though ...bit afraid that the rust might crawl across tongue.png .

Oi!! That old bus helped (and is still helping) build our home.

I can't see you allowing 1/2 a ton of sand and gravel, 200 hedge plants or 20 odd bags of bull-sh1t in the back of the EV :)

Wifey has decreed that if we get a new car it must be a pickup, or I have to keep the Ranger as a plant transporter.

Now, about that Cobra replicar ...

The Chevy SSR is a nice...

The 18" wheels on our Everest T look OK but a bit underwhelming. The 20" wheels on the T+ are better but a more open spoke design with big brakes looks even better, like the example below. Even then, the high waistline makes the wheels look a bit undersized.

post-149670-0-30212100-1447208775_thumb.

Been at the dealership this morning. Ford have a QA problem with a part. BUT manager promised me this month. Apparently mine will be only the 2nd white EVT+ that they have had ... wondering if to hold my breath. They may not get anymore this year he told my wife.

Honda's finest Nit Wits have announced an improvement in Road Noise.This is achieved in part by a Better Glue.!!. Jeeez im drivin an Airfix Kit, if i glue anything it falls of in a week.. sad.png

The current gen Accord uses active noise cancellation, like the Everest. It's not too bad anymore..

Never Mind, i shall be a Tuna Yob this weekend. One has arrived,only had a quick look,and its gone already. 2 more on their way now, so i shall use one over the weekend. They do seem rather nice i must admit after my badly presented Spivo of yesteryear, that pissed me off badly.!!.Ford couldn't supply their Everest, so thats a shame, something different id love to have tried.coffee1.gif

Been at the dealership this morning. Ford have a QA problem with a part. BUT manager promised me this month. Apparently mine will be only the 2nd white EVT+ that they have had ... wondering if to hold my breath. They may not get anymore this year he told my wife.

But didn't you tell me the dealer was getting ONLY white T+'s?

The QA issue smells of pure BS.

The bad parts called The Engine.cheesy.gif

Nah that's only for Honda's Ace. thumbsup.gif

You forgot to mention Honda wheel bearings. Yet another of my Chums 3 so far this year has had to have all 4 changed. Don't panic only cost a short 9.000bt total.

one of my civics wheel bearing got noisy, but that was after 220K kms...so not too bad. not so expensive either, if you don't go to the dealer.

There has been some reports of the moonroof being noisy while driving - I can't give you more info though because mine is not afflicted. Perhaps that's the QA issue they're talking about? It would help explain why it seems to be the Titanium+ model being the most delayed.

OK, in an effort to keep the thread in topic, here's a tip:

The tire label for the T+ indicates you should use 35 PSI in the rear with 1-3 people in the car, and 44 PSI with 4-7 people / luggage.

The tip is: do not fill them up to 44 PSI "just in case" - at 44 PSI with 3-4 people in the car, the ride becomes noticeably more firm and choppy in the back 2 rows of seats. You won't notice it as much up front, but your backseat passengers sure will.

If you're going to routinely have 4-5 people on board, but not much else, perhaps going to 36-38 PSI in the rear tires is the best idea.

As I understand from my wife several OEM bits fit together and one of them doesn't but it's sorted or near sorted now

but still no indication of what bits don't fit smile.png

Maybe it's the "extra 25% profit we make selliing these to Aussies" bits? :P

One thing you need to bear in mind is the outside of major components like engines and gearboxes, the rest of the car is assembled from components manufactured by 3rd party suppliers, not Ford themselves. These suppliers work under contract to deliver items to Ford's design specs and standards, and when they don't, create issues that started well outside of the Ford assembly line.

It's also worth noting that these same component suppliers are also supplying the other brands too...

Fords S.Q.A. Worldwide uses a 3 Tier System. 1 Preferred Supplier.2 Secondary Supplier and 3 Rd acceptable Supplier , the latter being a new boy trying to get in long term.which aint easy.. so unless only Stanley are supplying it just Crap Management here causing vast sales loss