Retiree Income Tax

40, 50 bucks is reasonable to do a SWIFT transfer, especially on a large amount. The issue I have with US banks is how difficult they make it to establish and change wire agreements if you are abroad. I would understand this for third party wires. But we are talking about wiring from an account to an account with the SAME NAME!

What happened to the original question about income tax ?
Yes, indeed, what happened? This is what happened:
As far as paying taxes here in Thailand you won't pay any unless you have income from Thailand.
As far as I can remember, whenever this question was asked the answer was the same as above.

Technically, income from employment (not pensions) earned outside Thailand and transferred to Thailand during the year it is earned to cover personal expenses would be taxable, but who in Thai government is to know when you earned it? If it is money earned from employment you transfer, in practice the money your transfer to Thailand is from savings, i.e. from income earned more than 12 months ago.

---------------

Maestro

[What happened to the original question about income tax ?

Yes, indeed, what happened? This is what happened:

As far as paying taxes here in Thailand you won't pay any unless you have income from Thailand.

As far as I can remember, whenever this question was asked the answer was the same as above.

Technically, income from employment (not pensions) earned outside Thailand and transferred to Thailand during the year it is earned to cover personal expenses would be taxable, but who in Thai government is to know when you earned it? If it is money earned from employment you transfer, in practice the money your transfer to Thailand is from savings, i.e. from income earned more than 12 months ago.

Yhank you Dutch and Maestro for coming back to the subject.

I find it hard to believe that no taxes are to be paid once you get your retiree visa. Anyhow , I hope it is like that , so far I could not find information that says the contrary.

Thanks to all for your help,

berbo