PM Prayut says it's just a joke for travel ban to the US

webfact

I think he's got my sense of humour.

Never appreciated by anybody.

Don't worry Prime Minister, people can't understand great minds like ours........................

With great minds like yours (plural) no wonder Greece and Thailand belong to the worlds economic powerhouses!!whistling.gif

The OP said "great minds like ours" not great minds like yours. If you can't read don't criticise.

• Like 1

He is neither funny nor does he have any sensibility for politically incorrect remarks.

He sure knew that in the present situation with tenses between US and the government this could only put further and unnecessary heat in the tension.

Or is that what he intended all along?

He is neither funny nor does he have any sensibility for politically incorrect remarks.

He sure knew that in the present situation with tenses between US and the government this could only put further and unnecessary heat in the tension.

What government? Has the coup been lifted?

Sorry, I still don't get his humour. Is he or is he not banned from entering the US?

Note that treaties prevent the US from blocking people from attending the UN, but then may ban people from all entering for anything other than the UN.

So is he banned, or is he not?

i.e. can he fly on a normal passport to visit the US or will the visa be rejected (except for UN purposes)?

He is not banned from entering the US if he just goes for a meeting at the UN and shake hands with his Asian friends from Burma, China and Cambodia.

He will be welcomed by the Thai Ambassador to the US and have a couple of dinners with some Thai business men and possible some foreign business groups but I think no one from the US cabinet will meet him officially. Any way he will know how to spin it when the time comes.

He is banned to travel to the U.S. still. But because the UN is in New York he will be allowed to travel to NY and no where else. He will also be banned to any formal US- Thailand meetings. It's the same as the other dictatorship, re: Iran, Libya, Venezuela ect...

The current government has been endorsed by the revered Head-of-State, or didn't you get the memo ? wink.png

• Like 1

Maybe all his other announcements so far, especially those regarding elections in the future, are also a joke?

I hope so - who needs elections to spoil his good work. Just carry on as you are as what you are doing/have done in the previous 10 months is infinitely better than what the next government is going to achieve in the life of a parliament (if it survives that long) which I very much doubt!!

The current government has been endorsed by the revered Head-of-State, or didn't you get the memo ? wink.png

the yanks have not endorsed this government
  • Like 1

How about this great side splitter?: "Take Thai democracy....... please!" Has them rolling in the aisles...

Or what about the one that starts "Did you hear the one about the criminal fugitive who controlled a government via Skype.................................."

That's so funny because no one would have believed it possible.

• Like 2

Neither has the EU. However the 3 most prominent EU members - the UK, Germany and France are all clamoring round to do deals and increase business, education and cultural ties.

Welcome to the wonderful pretend world of Western politics.

Neither has the EU. However the 3 most prominent EU members - the UK, Germany and France are all clamoring round to do deals and increase business, education and cultural ties.

Welcome to the wonderful pretend world of Western politics.

True. But if democracy doesn't return soon you'll see a different picture. Either way it's like dealing with five year olds.

I think he's got my sense of humour.

Never appreciated by anybody.

Don't worry Prime Minister, people can't understand great minds like ours........................

Why don't both of you go to the US together, then you can appreciate each others sense of humor or the lack thereof.

This sounds like one of the little Thai bar girls who after spitting out some insult of some sort tells you "Just joking".

I always look them straight in the eye and say "You joking? I am not joking. You are too stupid for me to talk to. Get away from me and go have a wank all by yourself please."

Lo and behold, they scurry right off.

• Like 1

Good grief - every time this man opens his mouth he underlines just how dim he actually is.

I am no longer sure it is a bad thing that people put their foot in their mouth from time to time (Joe Biden the exception because it with it is the standard). The single common denominator in all successful politicians have in common- those who rarely put their foot in their mouth- is dishonesty- they are full of crap and constantly appealing to polls and vox populi, rather than principles and convictions. That a man is unseasoned regarding the endless fantasy land that is public opinion is, in my estimation, an occasional positive, not a decisive negative.

(Having said this, his choice for joking did kinda suck).