Death sentence for man who had his family killed

Lite Beer

Death sentence for man who had his family killed
Kesinee Taengkhiao
The Nation

Bangkok's Thon Buri Criminal Court yesterday handed down the death sentence to 23-year-old Kittinan Homchong, after finding him guilty of hiring killers to murder his parents and older brother in 2014.

His four accomplices - 23-year-old Sakkarin Phanthakul, 53-year-old Chalard Thiangtham, 48-year-old Surapong Chupha and 43-year-old Sirichai Permpoonsak - were given life sentences due to their useful confessions.

Kittinan and Sakkarin hired Chalard, Surapong and Sirichai to kill Kittinan's retired army officer father Colonel Vichai Homchong, 63, his schoolteacher mother, Vanida, 57, and his elder sibling Pol Lieutenant Thammanat Homchong, 24, at their home in Bangkok's Bang Khae district.

The three men also stole Bt53,000 from Thammanat and the court ordered them to return the money to Thammanat's heir.

Kittinan has maintained his innocence.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Death-sentence-for-man-who-had-his-family-killed-30256463.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-21

Bangkok: - The Thonburi Criminal Court has sentenced the youngest son to death by execution following his conviction for the last year’s murder of his father, mother and older brother.
The judicial ruling cited prosecution evidence to find Kittinan “Toei” Homchong, 23, guilty of hiring four accomplices to kill his entire family in order to become a sole heir to inherit his father’s estate, including Bt100-million plot.
Kittinan recanted his confession given to police and denied all charges during trial.
He got the mandatory capital punishment for the premeditated murder of biological parents and sibling.
The four accomplices, including the gunman, also received death penalty before the court cited their confession as grounds for punishment reduction to life imprisonment.
The murder took place last April at the Homchong family’s home in Bang Khae district.
The father, retired military officer Colonel Wichai, the mother, teacher Wanida and their oldest son, police officer Lieutenant Thammanat, were all shot in the head.
The scene was tampered with to make it appear like a break-in.
Kittinan said his brother’s Bt53, 000 cash was missing. He also claimed to have an alibi for staying at his friend’s home during the incident.
Police found his statement and that of his friend, Sakkarin “Golf” Phankul, 23 to be suspicious and incoherent.
Confronted with his conflicting statements, Sakkarin admitted he wanted to help Kittinanto gain access to the inheritance. He said Kittinan gave the key for the gunman to get into his home.
His confession led to Kittinan’s initial confession and the arrests of gunman Sirichai Permpoonsak, 43, taxi driver Chalard Thiangtham, 53 and look-out man Surapong Chuphan, 47.
thaivisa-news.png.pagespeed.ce.ASDmYCLRp
-- © thaivisa.com

Why were they Killed, I hope not for 53,000 baht...

They were killed for the inheritance, His parents were quiet rich and had some valuable land....

Edited by off road pat

It seems that the only time parents are mentioned in the headlines is when they are killing, being killed, or were a factor that caused a tragedy. Never are they mentioned when issues like education, family values, etc. are being brought to our attention. Could the problems with Thai families run so deep that Thainess avoids these core problems?

I am certain that a child does not just wake up one day and decides to murder his or her mother and father and brother. But the ignored factors leading up to this are so regrettable and despicable. When anyone endeavors to look in to these issues, too many people lie and conceal the truths that might bring abut a healthy change. Too many people protest, and the ones endeavoring to look in to these issues are shamed into the Thainess form of avoidance and embarrassment for "offending" someone.

It's never a Thai's fault, and you'll be a daisy if you ever hear one admit it when consequences and ramifications towards the accused are involved.

My view on that.

There was a similar case in Sydney in which the only son in a Asian family claimed to have come home and discovered his parents and sister stabbed to death ( and slogans written in blood on the walls saying F Off Asians). He sang at the funeral, generated huge public sympathy but the police strongly suspected from day one that he had done it himself( for inheritance) and waited patiently for the evidence to unveil. It did and he got 40 years.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why were they Killed, I hope not for 53,000 baht...

People have been killed in the UK for a lot less

True My Wife's Brother wanted to kill a Falang for insulting her, Some times Honor is at stake. killing anything is wrong in my mind.

It seems that the only time parents are mentioned in the headlines is when they are killing, being killed, or were a factor that caused a tragedy. Never are they mentioned when issues like education, family values, etc. are being brought to our attention. Could the problems with Thai families run so deep that Thainess avoids these core problems?

I am certain that a child does not just wake up one day and decides to murder his or her mother and father and brother. But the ignored factors leading up to this are so regrettable and despicable. When anyone endeavors to look in to these issues, too many people lie and conceal the truths that might bring abut a healthy change. Too many people protest, and the ones endeavoring to look in to these issues are shamed into the Thainess form of avoidance and embarrassment for "offending" someone.

It's never a Thai's fault, and you'll be a daisy if you ever hear one admit it when consequences and ramifications towards the accused are involved.

My view on that.

Sometimes the child does wake up one day intent on killing his family members. It happens all over the world. The absence of psychological restraint is a common characteristic of the mentally ill people who commit these crimes. They are otherwise normal, but are to put it in laymen's terms, crazy.

My view on that.

Sometimes the child does wake up one day intent on killing his family members. It happens all over the world. The absence of psychological restraint is a common characteristic of the mentally ill people who commit these crimes. They are otherwise normal, but are to put it in laymen's terms, crazy.

Or narcissistic & lacking in any consideration for others or empathy. That person is commonly referred to as a psychopath.

For the life of me I cannot understand why a government would put to death someone for putting to death someone else.

Those people were responsible for killing a family. So in the governments eyes killing someone is the worst possible crime that can be committed. So what do the government do as punishment? Kill the person. Hang on? I though the government were against killing people? So logically speaking the government who punish people with death for committing murder should therefore be put to death to as they committed murder against the person that committed murder.

This is actually shying on PTP logic.

Obviously I am no advocate of the death penalty. I DO hope that all these people spend life behind bars and I only hope they are not released as part of a political amnesty which seems to cover murderers now days.

Edited by djjamie

For the life of me I cannot understand why a government would put to death someone for putting to death someone else.

Those people were responsible for killing a family. So in the governments eyes killing someone is the worst possible crime that can be committed. So what do the government do as punishment? Kill the person. Hang on? I though the government were against killing people? So logically speaking the government who punish people with death for committing murder should therefore be put to death to as they committed murder against the person that committed murder.

Obviously I am no advocate of the death penalty. I DO hope that all these people spend life behind bars and I only hope they are not released as part of a political amnesty which seems to cover murderers now days.

"For the life of me I cannot understand why a government would put to death someone for putting to death someone else."

...then I doubt anyone here is going to be able to explain it to you.

circular and fallacious reasoning. One reason to allow a death sentence is to not spend any more of good people's money supporting these killers. Why spend money to clothe, feed, and house them?