Mobile Phone Insurance

Bmouthboyo

Hi Guys,

I am keen on getting the Apple Watch when it is released and am in need of a mobile upgrade after breaking my Galaxy S3 screen for the 3rd time in so many years. I have replaced the screen myself with parts from ebay however am worried when I get the 30000 TBH iphone 6 Plus that if I break it that wont be so simple.

I am not sure if they really have this in Thailand but am looking for recommendations on where to get phone insurance mainly for accidental damage. I have home insurance with AXA but looking to renew soon so if there are good deals that include phone cover that could be an option too.

Cheers

Your AXA insurance will cover the phone if it is 'lost' providing you have listed it under the individual items column but not for accidental damage. Not aware of any company in Thailand offering accidental damage cover.

The official Apple stores in Thailand (iStudio, iBeat) offers an insurance for new mobile devices. It costs about THB 700 and covers damage and loss.

A good screen protection and case helps alot. My iPhone 6 Plus survive already some drops. But you should take care of your expensive device and then the risks are low...

• Like 1

30,000 TB for a phone.....amazing...my 900 baht Nokia does all I need. I think you are trying to stay ahead of the crowd; maybe you should wait a month until a newer 40,000 baht phone comes out so you can squander your money on that piece of plastic which, by your track record, you are bound to break...

Happy that your 'piece' keeps you content. You are missing out on a smartphone assuming you have friends and family in your home country. Skype calls are a fraction of the cost, instant translation of Thai to English and vice versa, Sat Nav support in built, instant online banking, GPS Map with shared maps of BKK, email support, web browsing, portable media device, fitness tracking are to name but a few of the benefits over your legacy Nokia.

Due to my line of work I need a smart phone and as I stated the Apple Watch only works with recent Apple phones. I don't care about the crowd or being seen with Apple products and have been running my Samsung Galaxy S3 for years but it is giving up the ghost and so am in the market for a new smart phone. I do however care about technology and seek products that hold value as well as being well made with strong 3rd party application support.

Best spec phone for a great price is the new AIS Lava Pro 5" ..@4790 .. And u can use a 32gb SD card which is not possible with any Apple phone .. Also if you want a stylus pen and USB connectivity ..Apple neither ..then it is a Samsung Note 3 or latest 4 ..

Best spec phone for a great price is the new AIS Lava Pro 5" ..@4790 .. And u can use a 32gb SD card which is not possible with any Apple phone .. Also if you want a stylus pen and USB connectivity ..Apple neither ..then it is a Samsung Note 3 or latest 4 ..

Sounds great, I didn't realise they offered Apple Watch support. Do you have any links to info?

Cheers

Could go on about the Apple watch that needs charging twice in one day ..but go ahead and tie yourself into Apple and iTunes and IOS operating system and enjoy ... well until u realize the limitations ...

Edited by rmacee

Sorry went a bit off topic ...but get a little excited when I hear someone want to buy an Apple as I recently spent 10 days traveling with a guy with an Apple 6plus and go fed up with him asking will my phone do that??

All the best ..early comments not really addressing your question.. Enjoy

Edited by rmacee

haha that's OK I fully understand. TBH I am not fussed about the iphone 6 but looking forward to wearable tech like the Apple Watch especially as it is the field I work in. If I could rely on 3rd party app development for android based smart watches I would just replace the screen on my S3 and go with a Gear or something but I know that once Apple release the watch it will completely dominate the smart watch market. I am not impressed the need for a recent phone to use it and completly agree it is a lot of money for what it is.

I have had an iphone before (3G) and I did enjoy it but also have been very impressed with my Galaxy S3. Another factor is that a comparable spec android phone is nearish the same price point as an iphone 6 (Galaxy S5 etc).

• 2 years later...
2 minutes ago, spiderg said:

Was just searching for this too... looks like Bangkok Insurance offer tablet and smartphone insurance: http://www.bangkokinsurance.com/product/promotion/22 no idea if you can buy online, but they have a list of stores.  Think it's around 1100 baht for a year.

Thats interesting... although I wonder how easy they are to deal with as on their website the 'Eng' tab is not functional (in Mac Safari). 

It would also be interesting to learn of the conditions of pay out - i.e. for drops, loss, theft etc...  full replacement cost (new for old etc). 

I tried to get household belonging insurance a few years ago - Upon going into depth in my enquiries and meetings I discovered that pretty much any event which could have resulted in a loss of my Watch, Wife's Diamonds, phone, laptop or other expensive belongings was not covered.. (i.e. my Watch was covered if I dropped it in my apartment, but not outside !... same with theft from the apartment but not outside, theft as only covered if it was from a safe, but not if it was theft by the maid or condo security etc... ) the conditions were so limiting that the cover was for events so unforeseeable that the insurance company had pretty much wrapped up 'non-pay-out' to an almost certainty...