Wife wants to divorce, two kids

Udoth

threads like this remind me how lucky was to meet Rich, in Chiang Mai, a few weeks before I decided to shack up w a thai girl

Did he force you to listen to his music too!

Music talent was a bit weak, but the message is correct. Like many long term expats

here, if I had a baht for every short term guy who told me the bar girl hanging on his

arm was different, I would be rich. In fact to cut down on farang suicides, they should

have this song done by a real singer, and force each airline with inbound planes to

Thailand play it.......

• Like 2

About the song:

I was at a massage parlor in Chiang Mail with my overly pretty working girl from bkk, on holiday

I walked out to put my shoes on, and noticed he had a guitar.

Because we are both American and both play guitar we had an easy opening to kick off a great conversation, when I mentioned I was with a Thai Chinese girl from Chiang Rai, and we were on "vacation"

on cue, she walked out the door, he took one look at her and said she was clearly too high maintenance for him, (she is) but I defended and said, no man, she's not after my money, this ones different.

He immediately picked up his guitar and strummed this tune, and it was so impressive to me at that time, and became instructively useful for me in my remaining 4/ months in country,

That when I got back to the USA I emailed him to tell him I safely made it home without the usual ensnarement he so warned about that, I asked him if he ever performed that song live, to send it to me, and I will use it as a learning tool and instructions video for all men everywhere who come to Thailand before reading the Thai women owners manual

...with my overly pretty working girl from bkk... a Thai Chinese girl from Chiang Rai... she was clearly too high maintenance...

Pictures or she never happened.

...and I will use it as a learning tool and instructions video for all men everywhere who come to Thailand before reading the Thai women owners manual.

But you are still writing it, no? Unless you are just another Stephen Leather fanboy.

Yikes...be strong, use your best judgment after considering all factors.. then act the best you can.. then follow your plan..

You will find a way..

Be Strong...

Edited by Rhys

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not saying it is the cause for your wife's behaviour, but I know of one instance where post partum depression caused a woman to completely change her personality.

My friend and his wife had a beautiful relationship. After their first baby was born, the woman went quite 'mad'. She thought that my friend was trying to kill her and the baby. She left the house with the baby and went to live with her parents who believed everything the woman told them. It took nearly 2 years of patience from my friend and counselling for the woman to come to her senses and realise that the birth of the child had caused a temporary mental disorder. They are really happy now.

Udoth,

I can only give you advise based on what you have written in your post so I might be way off, but here it goes.

It seems to me that you have given your children too much attention and that your wife have been neglected (in her eyes) over the past two years.

I can only speak for my own but when I realised I gave too much attention to our daughter (not my biological) my wife took it out on her daughter.

I didn't catch on until I sat down and thought our situation through.

As long as your wife hasn't threaten to kill, hit or actually have hit you before, you should try and revive the attention you gave her before the kids were born.

That could do the trick, as, and this is purely my view on Thais, they are without exceptions kids themselves.

My wife is the same, if I let her be a kid, she would be, without any hesitation, but I use communication every time we have a fall out of some sort and I don't let her get away with emotional gibberish.

I will never get my wife to admit that she acts like a child at times, but that's not my intention anyway.

Every person have their own way of logic and arguing technique, so find yours without too much degrading treatment of your wife.

I'm Swedish and in Sweden, we listen to what our women say and want, but with Thai women (woman) I have relearned my ways.

Now I always, yes always, decide what to do together, where to go and everything else but what she eats and she's never been happier. I never ask her anymore, but I leave a door half open for her opinion.

This of course assumes I already knows what she likes to do, what she enjoys the most etc.

Your wifes depression could very well have been a child's desire to be give 100% attention and when you didn't give her that, she turned against the two year old.

This is just speculations on my part, take it for what's it worth as I don't know you or your wife and the relationship you two have together.

Good luck in the future and remember, give your wife more attention than you give your kids as she's the biggest child in your family wink.pngtongue.png

You can not see it was a Con from day one

i think you are either Depress or Drunk

Thanks all for your answers and support.

@Kamala, I laughed at your post, I will surely try to give her more personal attention.

Things are well at home, my wife had some fits with the dog and got mad when her slipper was hidden by him for the so maniest time, but for the rest no problems. She is still hardly visiting her family, which I think is a good thing. I still can't get her to regocnize that she has/had a depression till today.

At the end of april we're going to Bangkok to make the passport of the baby and after that have a little bit of a holiday in Samui.

Sadly for the OP,

He doesn't understand

She is depressed because she can't reverse the clock and not be married to you and not have saddled herself with two kids

When they say they want divorce, it doesn't imply that was a thouhbty that just occurred to her,

The husband is always the last to know

While you are happy now, you should prepare for the next wave