Is life like a Cheese Salad?

laislica

Is the answer to life balance in all things?

Can you be too balanced?

A Cheese Salad….

How do you like it?

Only one specific cheese or many.

Stinky or plain?

As you eat, should the salad exclude cheese or should it occasionally HIT YOU?

Wow, this is Cheese.

Share feelings here, please….

We are not talking about Cheese Salads – Expletive deleted!)

Get real and share a few secrets.

(NOT about Cheese Salads <deleted>)

Life…..

Oh, BTW, I am quite busy so will only have small segments of time to respond

Please foregive me for this.

Yes it is....have to try many salads with variety...throw away the stuff that stinks to you - get rid of the moldy stuff....find out what is a healthy balance of portions, taste, and servings, then add seasoning, dressings, and spice it up from time to time.....and enjoy.....some find they like taco salads - a few like fruit salads.....part of the buffet of life....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 2

I fear that I shall run out of - exceed my quota of likes.....

I cannot believe that anyone could grasp my real meaning and I really thank you all for your input.

If there was any way for us oldies who have learned life through sufferring and pain, to say something that might save the young ones from Dumbly following our footsteps, as we also followed - what would we say/do?

• Like 1

I cannot believe that anyone could grasp my real meaning and I really thank you all for your input.

If there was any way for us oldies who have learned life through sufferring and pain, to say something that might save the young ones from Dumbly following our footsteps, as we also followed - what would we say/do?

Maybe next time you could talk about the merits of canapes.

• Like 1

and you reason to suggest this is?

Canapés are hors d'oeuvres made with a base of bread or crackers, and topped with an assortment of small, usually savory toppings. Typically, they are served before dinner in a drawing room or lounge area, along with an assortment of other appetizers. Most cooks and caterers produce an assortment of options, so that guests can try out numerous different flavors. They may also be used as a standalone food item, in the case of things like receptions for art shows and theatre performances.

The word is French, and derived from the Greek konopeion, for a bed or couch with protective mosquito curtains. In French, the word describes curtains in general, and it may have been adopted for the appetizer in a reference to the fact that the bread base is draped or covered with food items. In other Romance languages, such as Spanish, the term refers to a couch, showing how an original word can diverge in meaning widely, even in a related language family.

The base of all canapés is some type of bread. Traditionally, they have been made with stale white bread that is toasted, sauteed, or fried to turn it golden and crispy. Crackers may also be used. The bread is cut out in a geometric shape, commonly a square, although triangles, circles, rectangles, and other shapes may be used. Some caterers use their shapes as a code, so that they can readily distinguish between different options when asked about them by guests.

Next comes a thin layer of a spread, which is usually dairy based. A flavored butter or cream cheese is a common choice, with the flavor complementing the next layer, a main focal point such as cheese, meat, or vegetables. Next, the food is topped with a garnish to make it more formal, decorative, and flavorful. Caviar, herbs, scallions, and flavored oils such as truffle oil are common choices of garnish.

The flavor of canapés is rarely neutral. Most often, they are made salty or spicy so that they complement the drinks being served with them. They may be served hot or cold, and are intended to be eaten with the fingers from a canapé plate, a small dish which holds each guest's individual appetizers. Large platters of the hors d'oeuvres may be carried around a party or laid out on large buffet tables.

A related appetizer is the vol au vent, an hors d'oeuvre made with filled puff pastry. The pastry is shaped almost like a thimble, designed to accommodate a small and flavorful taste of food. It is also garnished, and may be available in a wide assortment of flavors at a large party.

Hmm, thought so.....

EDIT

Crackers LOL

Edited by laislica
  • Like 1

This is taking lateral thinking a bit to far,in my onion.

Forrest Gump has nothing on the OP.
Life is like a cheese platter.

chewy, smelly, gives you heartburn and keeps you awake at night ? laugh.png

Oh, Behave LOL

Canapés are hors d'oeuvres made with a base of bread or crackers, and topped with an assortment of small, usually savory toppings. Typically, they are served before dinner in a drawing room or lounge area, along with an assortment of other appetizers. Most cooks and caterers produce an assortment of options, so that guests can try out numerous different flavors. They may also be used as a standalone food item, in the case of things like receptions for art shows and theatre performances.

The word is French, and derived from the Greek konopeion, for a bed or couch with protective mosquito curtains. In French, the word describes curtains in general, and it may have been adopted for the appetizer in a reference to the fact that the bread base is draped or covered with food items. In other Romance languages, such as Spanish, the term refers to a couch, showing how an original word can diverge in meaning widely, even in a related language family.

The base of all canapés is some type of bread. Traditionally, they have been made with stale white bread that is toasted, sauteed, or fried to turn it golden and crispy. Crackers may also be used. The bread is cut out in a geometric shape, commonly a square, although triangles, circles, rectangles, and other shapes may be used. Some caterers use their shapes as a code, so that they can readily distinguish between different options when asked about them by guests.

Next comes a thin layer of a spread, which is usually dairy based. A flavored butter or cream cheese is a common choice, with the flavor complementing the next layer, a main focal point such as cheese, meat, or vegetables. Next, the food is topped with a garnish to make it more formal, decorative, and flavorful. Caviar, herbs, scallions, and flavored oils such as truffle oil are common choices of garnish.

The flavor of canapés is rarely neutral. Most often, they are made salty or spicy so that they complement the drinks being served with them. They may be served hot or cold, and are intended to be eaten with the fingers from a canapé plate, a small dish which holds each guest's individual appetizers. Large platters of the hors d'oeuvres may be carried around a party or laid out on large buffet tables.

A related appetizer is the vol au vent, an hors d'oeuvre made with filled puff pastry. The pastry is shaped almost like a thimble, designed to accommodate a small and flavorful taste of food. It is also garnished, and may be available in a wide assortment of flavors at a large party.

Hmm, thought so.....

EDIT

Crackers LOL

Wonderfully put old chap.they are de riguer in my drawing room before dinner,i can assure you.

• Like 1

Hmm, thought so.....

EDIT

Crackers LOL

Wonderfully put old chap.they are de riguer in my drawing room before dinner,i can assure you.

Please try to think past the hors d'oeuvres!

• Like 1

What the f'in hell, 20 odd posts (most of them mine LOL)

And no bloody trolls - only me?

Yes I create ones like that sometimes and eventually some dik comes in and points out that you've posted more times than other...........but you rock, so rock on ???

• Like 1

A cheese salad?.....Is there such a thing. Ive heard of salads that have cheese as an ingridient but not just a cheese salad. So if you were to stick heaps of cheese in a salad bowl well.....I think your better off with a platter. And some bread.maybe an assortment of bread. Plus the cheese maybe half a doxen kinds. Plus you dont have to pour dressing all over the place....or try and explain to people that you made a cheese salad. Im pro platter for sure.

"A cheese salad?.....Is there such a thing."

With a little imagination and armed with the right weapon you can easily turn cheese into a multipurpose adjective. Wherever it can be smeared, sprayed or sculpted ... cheese door knob, cheese hot fudge sundae, cheese sofa cushion, cheese chocolate chip cookies ... even cheese fashion accessories.

mj76NZY9WadO1mW2VplnXpg.jpgptht6.jpg

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1