Moving To Thailand - Heeeelp

jadran

Hello everyone,

Newbie here… I’m coming to Bangkok in October. I’m getting transferred from the States (from Croatia originally). Spent some time in SE Asia and Australia before…

This is my plan – get a non-immigrant visa, get a WP when I arrive (we have a daughter company in Thailand that will take care of that). Should I hire an immigration lawyer for this? If yes, please recommend somebody.

I’m also looking at apartments on mr roomfinder… would like to line up 5-6 apartments and then pick one within a week. In the meantime, I would stay in a hotel.

Any suggestion, advice will be more than welcomed!

Thanks,

Jadran

:o

Hello everyone,

Newbie here… I’m coming to Bangkok in October. I’m getting transferred from the States (from Croatia originally). Spent some time in SE Asia and Australia before…

This is my plan – get a non-immigrant visa, get a WP when I arrive (we have a daughter company in Thailand that will take care of that). Should I hire an immigration lawyer for this? If yes, please recommend somebody.

I’m also looking at apartments on mr roomfinder… would like to line up 5-6 apartments and then pick one within a week. In the meantime, I would stay in a hotel.

Thanks,

Jadran

sounds like you got it sorted!

Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Jadran

Welcome to Bangkok. I'm still too much of a newbie to be of much help.....but I will humbly recommend that you employ a Thai attorney to help you with your non-immigrant visa ambitions.

I had a very good experience with Sunbelt Asia representing me at the immigration office, and with their help I accomplished my own visa objectives.

CHEERS!

D

Hello everyone,

Since you've already got an employer lined up, which will take care of the workpermit part, I'll recommend you save your money regarding a lawyer for the visa part.

All you'll need besides personal docs is a letter from your would-be employer (on proper company letterhead) stating that this company want's to employ you - (this, provided that daughter company actually does fullfill the requirements for getting you a workpermit).

Since you've already got an employer lined up, which will take care of the workpermit part, I'll recommend you save your money regarding a lawyer for the visa part.

All you'll need besides personal docs is a letter from your would-be employer (on proper company letterhead) stating that this company want's to employ you - (this, provided that daughter company actually does fullfill the requirements for getting you a workpermit).

what r the requirements?

where can i check that?

tks

What kind of company is your employer? Amount of registered capital? VAT-registered? How many foreigners employed? BOI-sponsored? Covered by the American Treaty? Nationality of shareholders? What do you mean by "daughter company"? Branch? Representative office? Joint venture? What's the nationality of "mother company"? What's your nationality? What kind of skills do you have? How does your jobdescription sound? Are you married to a Thai ? ... All these things - and more - matters, with respect to an employer's ability to help a foreigner with a workpermit.

My earlier reply was based on the assumption that your employer was in position to aquire a WP for you. In that case: getting the proper visa would be a non-issue ... If, however, the WP isn't as well-secured as your post suggested - I'll join the quire recommending you to contact a professional

Edited by rishi

thanks rishi, i know what you mean...

this "daughter comp" is a subsidiary or an american corporation, my position is highly skilled executive (post-grad levl of edu)... i will be one of the leading exec. in the company

anyways... i got my non-immigrant visa today, i got in touch with sunbelt and (hopefully) will have everything lined up before my move (except the actual WP of course).

thanks for help.

any more suggestions RE accomodation?

(i'd like to stick near the skytrain, 1 bedroom, direct phone, furnished..)

Hi,

You cannot have a one year visa without having a threemonths visa. Go to Thai Embassy where you are and you can get one year visa there and probably WP too. You need papers from your company but much easier to do that in the states before you come here.

thanks rishi, i know what you mean...

this "daughter comp" is a subsidiary or an american corporation, my position is highly skilled executive (post-grad levl of edu)... i will be one of the leading exec. in the company

anyways... i got my non-immigrant visa today, i got in touch with sunbelt and (hopefully) will have everything lined up before my move (except the actual WP of course).

thanks for help.

any more suggestions RE accomodation?

(i'd like to stick near the skytrain, 1 bedroom, direct phone, furnished..)

centrepoint langsuan , centrepoint whittayu are good..fully serviced,close to skytrain, in room broadband etc....

www.centrepoint.com

other executive residences that come to mind are :

ascott sathorn

shangrila residences on the river

emporium suites