Re-entry permit

Hello there,

I am a Dutch citizen, 25 years old and I have recently started doing my internship in Bangkok, I applied for a 3 month single entry ED visa back in Holland which was granted. It is valid until 12th of May. The thing is I have a trip planned back to Europe to visit a family occasion around 10th of April, so with around a month left on my visa. I tried to contact the Thai consulate in Amsterdam several times but all they say is to figure it out in Thailand, or get a new visa, because my visa is only single entry.

Now I read about requesting a re-entry permit in order to do this kind of thing, is it still possible with the new regulations? Or should I apply for another 3 month ED visa?

Many thanks for your advice.

You can get a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 90 permit to stay you have valid when you return.

You can get a single re-entry permit for a fee of 1000 baht at an immigration office.

Thank you!

I appreciate it, one follow up questions if you dont mind. Can I request my first 3 month extension at the same time, but for change the starting date to about a month later?

So I could do just one trip to the immigration office?

You can get a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 90 permit to stay you have valid when you return.

You can get a single re-entry permit for a fee of 1000 baht at an immigration office.

Or at the airport for Bht 1200.

at the airport after immigration stamps you out 1000 bt! not 1200

Which airport? Swampy is definitely 1,200.(1,000 + 200 service charge).

Certainly not BKK, because the re-entry desk is before immigration there, and the fee Bt. 1,200.

Hi,

How many days before leaving Thailand should i apply for re-permit entry? also whats the difference between single entry and multiple entry.

Thanks

Up to you but obviously before you travel or the permission to stay expires........

Pick a day when likely immigration will be quiet, mid-week away from local holidays.

Single Entry allows you out and in once only, multiple is multiple trips out and in, not necessary in the your case, 1000 baht and 3800 baht respectively.

Edited by jacko45k

How many days before leaving Thailand should i apply for re-permit entry? also whats the difference between single entry and multiple entry.

You can apply anytime, including at last second at the airport. Single entry you return once, Bt 1,000. Multi entry you can return as many times you want, Bt 3,800.

I got a re-entry at CW yesterday, a two and a half hour wait just to hand the form in, though the processing only took thirty minutes.

This was on top of the two and a half hour wait to get my yearly extension in the morning and the hour we were all chucked out whilst the staff had their lunch.

Serves me right for deciding to get the re-entry at CW whilst I was there and not waiting until I got to the airport, but with an early flight and thinking "bird in the hand", but hey ho I have it now.

Of course I then got stuck in traffic on the way home and the journey that took thirty minutes in the morning took close to two hours. That was a day in my life I'll never get back.

• Like 2

I got a re-entry at CW yesterday, a two and a half hour wait just to hand the form in, though the processing only took thirty minutes.

This was on top of the two and a half hour wait to get my yearly extension in the morning and the hour we were all chucked out whilst the staff had their lunch.

Serves me right for deciding to get the re-entry at CW whilst I was there and not waiting until I got to the airport, but with an early flight and thinking "bird in the hand", but hey ho I have it now.

Of course I then got stuck in traffic on the way home and the journey that took thirty minutes in the morning took close to two hours. That was a day in my life I'll never get back.

Yeah your story sounds all too familiar unfortunately..

How long would it take to apply for the re-entry permit at suvarnabhumi? I am travelling with a small group so I can't really have people waiting for me for several hours. I have heard many stories about terrible waiting times at the Bangkok immigration office however, would like to avoid it if possible.

How long would it take to apply for the re-entry permit at suvarnabhumi? I am travelling with a small group so I can't really have people waiting for me for several hours. I have heard many stories about terrible waiting times at the Bangkok immigration office however, would like to avoid it if possible.

I understand it doesn't take too long at all, but as I was at CW anyway I thought I might as well get it done, though the longer I waited the more I was convinced it was the wrong decision, I nearly gave up and went home, but I have it now.

• Like 1

It should not take more than 15 or 20 minutes to get a re-entry permit at Suv.

"Should", yes, but Murphy's law will do that if you are already rather late for your plane,

there will be longer than usual queue, or - as it already happened - their photo-printer will not work

and they will send you to the other extremity of the airport to get an ID photo... rolleyes.gif

Far better to get your re-entry before, IMHO