US removes dozens of Cuban companies from blacklist

webfact

US removes dozens of Cuban companies from blacklist
BRADLEY KLAPPER, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration has removed dozens of Cuban companies from a U.S. blacklist of terror supporters and narcotics traffickers, another step in the two countries' process to improve relations.

The Treasury Department made the announcement Tuesday. Several of the firms are connected to Cuba's tourism industry, including cruise lines and tour operators. Some are in Panama, though two are in the United States. A number of vessels cleared from the list sail with Cypriot flags.

Companies and individuals on the department's "specially designated nationals" list are banned from doing business in the United States.

Washington is still weighing the bigger question of removing Cuba's government from a separate terrorism list. The Cubans are pressing for such action as the two nations negotiate terms for re-establishing embassies in each other's capitals.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-03-25

• Like 1

Seems like there is a mad dash to find somerhing to leave that can be marked in the win side of a failed Presidencey.....well Cuba isnt it. Castro is demanding huge payoffs to resume normal ties with Washington......

Being only 90 miles away from Florida it wouldnt take to long to bring it up to Miami specs.....a good thing?

Seems like there is a mad dash to find somerhing to leave that can be marked in the win side of a failed Presidencey.....well Cuba isnt it. Castro is demanding huge payoffs to resume normal ties with Washington......

Being only 90 miles away from Florida it wouldnt take to long to bring it up to Miami specs.....a good thing?

A very bad thing...and I hope Castro demands will protect Cuba of USA corruption, drugs, and crime.

If foreigners will be allowed to work, have business, rent and buy properties at local values..I will move there without doubts. Wonderful country!

Edited by Muzarella
  • Like 2

A very bad thing...and I hope Castro demands will protect Cuba of USA corruption, drugs, and crime.

If foreigners will be allowed to work, have business, rent and buy properties at local values..I will move there without doubts. Wonderful country!

Yeah,,...and I suspect that the motivation behind a lot of the negotiations is so that a large group of senators and congressmen will no longer be breaking the law when they fire up a hand rolled Cuban cigar....and conversely so that a large number of Cuban HiSo's can get American stuff.

But you bring up a very good point...People will try to retire there....which may be good for the locals at first.....but beware Cuba, of Trojan horses.