What Items can I bring and RESELL for Profit in Thailand ?

50baht

Any suggestion of illegal substances or breaking rules regarding import regulations for "personal items" or allowances, and this will be CLOSED.

Importing for the purpose of resale without a license is already illegal.

The following is from Maestro 's link

"The dutiable items are intended for personal use;

They are at a reasonable quantity and not intended for commercial use, business, or trade purposes;

The total value is not exceeding 80,000 Baht; and

Passengers are able to pay taxes and duties in cash on the date of arrival.

"

Let's say one can change his mind later or bring the stuff for a friend :-)

No need to be an extremist

Levi's have a huge markup in Thailand. Only problem is finding a buyer. But if can find you can make a killing.

really ?

I buy Levis all the time and they are roughly the same price as other countries I have bought them in

sure your not getting mixed up with North Korea

• Like 1

Levi's have a huge markup in Thailand. Only problem is finding a buyer. But if can find you can make a killing.

really ?

I buy Levis all the time and they are roughly the same price as other countries I have bought them in

They are about 1/2 the price in the US than they are here.

really ?

They are about 1/2 the price in the US than they are here.

Do they still not have the Levi wall in Pattaya ??

When I lived there--the back of (the original) big C was taken over by 100s of Levi's draped over the wall there. Yes most were 2nd hand (nice & faded--)-- but some new & near new. All original , 15 years ago --they had the button up ones when you could only get a zip ones in Thailand

Just re-read you are coming from the US... what about Ray Ban / Oakley shades? 1bottle good, aged Jack Daniels?, 200 original Marlboro cigarettes? a few (short, foldable) buck knives? Leathermans?

Think about quality, people here have money and are bored with the rubbish Chinese/Thai stuff.

Edited by Chonburiram

Some technology not yet available in Thailand may be profitable... but its also a grey area.

A couple of Thai friends brought back some iPhones - the profits from a few of these helped contribute towards their airfare... The success of this is highly dependable on timing and existing availability in Thailand.

If the soon to be released iWatch is released overseas before its released in Thailand, it may sell for a premium.

Some technology not yet available in Thailand may be profitable... but its also a grey area.

A couple of Thai friends brought back some iPhones - the profits from a few of these helped contribute towards their airfare... The success of this is highly dependable on timing and existing availability in Thailand.

If the soon to be released iWatch is released overseas before its released in Thailand, it may sell for a premium.

Subject to duty if you bring more than 1 in the box.