Why can they not look after things.

As i glanced up at the new carport,which i have built to accomodate the second car,{fil will have a shock then,he thinks we built it to house his decrepit motorcycle combination],i saw his blue plastic raincoat hanging from the beams,along with a holed pair of underpants,in a boiling rage i threw them on the ground,warning my Mrs,if i see them up again ,i will burn them,now i payed for the land the shop is on,built the shop,built the carport,and this old tosser thinks it is all his,my Mrs can't say anything cos he is her father,but it is coming to the stage where there can only be one Guvnor,plus he looks like one of the undead,i will build a shed on the land i have purchased next to the shop,maybe Guantanamo bay style,and lock him in side,anyone know where i can buy orange jumpsuits.

Stake thru the heart might be best..his not yours

So they tear up and down the roads with their babies on the handle bars of the motor scooter and you're exasperated they don't look after some tools?

Freaking out about this has rightly got you in trouble with the wife: you should have done it the Thai way, as others have said, and locked your stuff away and mislaid the key or not got round to fixing what is suddenly broken yet.

Enjoy 'paradise'.

• Like 2

i will build a shed on the land i have purchased

Ah, now we see why you are frustrated when the sharpest tool in the box clearly isn't present.

I find your post a little cryptic Squegee,usually i like your stuff,but i am not sure what you are saying here.

Well, sorry man but what I'm saying isn't pretty: I realize the full circumstances of your buying land aren't detailed, so it may be in your kids' names or similar situation, but I am taking your words literally and responding to you having apparently bought land here, then playing with the expression 'not the sharpest tool in the toolbox'.

Maybe we have some similar views on some things but as far as investing in this country beyond a 5k baht TV and a motor scooter... nah! Not land, not condos, not serious girlfriends, wives or taking on in-laws or some Thai guy's kids, not retirement, nothing but get what I came for and try to get out alive.

What did I come for? Work experience when I had none, and their money. I love taking money from Thai people.

Okay mate,thank's for your answer,see where your coming from,all the best ,mate.

• Like 2

I have told my wife that if something belongs to me no one else can use it unless they ask me and the answer will be no. I have learnt my lesson as I see what they do themselves, anything that is borrowed is either lost, never returned, left lying around in the weather or simply returned in pieces/broken. For some reason some thais seem to think it doesnt matter what they do to other peoples things.

Seajae,any ideas where this mindset has come from,i have travelled all over the world,but have never found anything like this total disrespect or demarcation of what is mine or what is yours,this attitude would surely be unacceptable in most cultures.

In the west I have seen neighbours become enemies over borrowed tools...

In Thailand I have seen (nice) houses built with only a shovel and a hammer.

A Thai with tools is a handyman you can hire for money. Supplying tools, vehicles, knowledge, money

without charging for it is seen as outright stupid behaviour and it falls back on the supplier... you lost all respect,

change your easy going good doer attitude.

Underpants over your head? I hope you are not one of these Buddha amulet (desecrated now) wearing guys (I fear you are...),

put your foot down, Daddy have to go!