Experienced Lost & found at Suvarnabhumi airport

lyn

Anyone have experience of lost & found at Suvarnabhumi airport?

Brief outline - Friend travelled back to Denmark with China Airlines in February. He had pre paid for his golf clubs but they said he hadn't and wanted 35,000 THB for them to travel with him. He decided against paying this and asked them to deliver them to him in Denmark. His golf clubs have not been delivered and China Airlines don't want to know, they have suggested he contacts lost and found at Suvarnabhumi airport. I have all the details including a picture of him with his golf bag, copies of his baggage tag, copy passport etc. I can go to Suvarnabhumi Airport lost and found what are my chances of being successful and what paperwork would I need to take it away with me? Would I need an appointment to visit or can I just turn up?

Any suggestions please?

I once went to Don Muang's Lost & Found department for international flights to look for a friend's MIA bag. Had copies of his ticket and baggage check, my passport. After some digging the bag was found, I signed for it, no problem.

I really don't quite understand this comment: "He decided against paying this and asked them to deliver them to him in Denmark. "

If they wouldn't carry the golf bag for him as checked baggage without additional payment, how did he expect them to take it for free??

And, that baht 35,000 charge sounds a bit strange.

http://www.china-airlines.com/en/check/check_ba_ex.htm

Mac

My Ex came here for a holiday 2 months ago, her bags got lost. She came to Thailand, her bags went to India. They were put on another plane in India for Thailand but ended up the far side of India. Five days later she got the bags. They were supposed to be delivered by Taxi to Bang Saray but after the taxi did other drops around Pattaya and discovered the last bag was for Bang Saray he decided it was too far to drive that night so I had to drive into Pattaya myself and get it off him.

The most important document to have and it seems you do have a copy of it was the "bag tag". It was the first question asked every time, (what was the number) we made an inquiry. My Ex didn't have hers as it was taken off her when she first reported the bags lost................ A nightmare indeed.

Edited by dotpoom

They have a new suitcase coming out or out already that has GPS in it. I want it! I spent a week on holiday with a GF and we wore the same clothes every day for a week because our bag was lost enroute to our destination. I had bought all new clothes for the trip so when I returned home I replaced all the clothes and submitted a claim for reimbursement for lost items. I cannot recall if they paid out but 3 months later the bag came home and I wound up with double sets of all the clothes. According to the airline they confirmed my address from a prescription bottle in the bag. Since then I have been strict about putting a destination address and home address and phone numbers at home and abroad clearly visible on my bags. The bag apparently went to a central repository in Texas and stayed there the whole time. How a simple scan of a upc code that the airline themselves put on the bag could not have been done in less than 3 months is unusual to say the least. Traveler beware, never travel without your meds and some fresh underwear in your carry-on!!!

<snip for brevity>

The most important document to have and it seems you do have a copy of it was the "bag tag". It was the first question asked every time, (what was the number) we made an inquiry. My Ex didn't have hers as it was taken off her when she first reported the bags lost................ A nightmare indeed.

A year or two back, I was asked on several times at the arrivals baggage-hall, to give-up (not just show) my baggage-tags.

I think they were trying to check that passengers were removing the correct bags from the conveyor ?

Except that, if you hadn't yet seen/removed your own bags, they still wanted to take your tags away from you ! blink.png

I resisted this, for the reason you state, and the practice now seems to have been stopped, correctly.

A good policy is to have simply a luggage label with your name and maybe mobile phone number or FF number on the outside of your bag but with a full label including address inside the bag. External labels can often become detatched and airlines will open unidentifiable bags and if your address is then visible it is much easier to return it to you.