How to remove AdRotator virus

Mobi

My Windows PC seems to have been infected by AdRotator virus.

Often, when I click a link from one website to another, an adrotator URL address appears in the address bar and re-directs me to an unwanted website.

I have Googled on how to remove this virus/trojan? and have found many links to removal tools, but I am unsure if these are genuine or, most likely, if I download the tool, I will probably get so far and then be asked to make a payment. And I will still be unsure if the tool will work.

Does anyone know of a reliable free removal tool, or can they direct me to a 'how to' website that will provide easy to follow information on how to remove this virus.

Many thanks.

Mobi

Edited by Mobi

Suggest using 'malwaretips' site. Follow every step. Programs used are free (except 'HitmanPro at the end, but that has a 30 day trial.

Used their suggestions a while back for something else, worked fine.

For AdRotator removalhttp://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-adware-adrotator-virus/

Thank you - I tried the first one on the list - adwCleaner, and it seems to have done the job.

Not only has the adRotator disappeared , but my browser is working faster than it has in weeks. I had known something was wrong for quite a while, but it wasn't until I noticed the adRotator website kept appearing that I had a clue what it was.

I have adblock enabled, so I didn't get any unwanted ads or pop ups, but i was often getting "blank websites' when I hit a link from one site to take me to another - in other words the link failed.

All seems to be working fine now, so once again thanks

Mobi

^^ Not clear from your post but did you run all the steps listed at Malware tips or just adwcleaner.

Should really run Junkware removal tool etc just to be sure as not all removal programs are looking for the same things and some hidden remnant of 'Adrotator' might be hiding.

Note if you do run JRT do not get worried if the desktop disappears for a while, its normal. Also a report is produced showing what, if anything was found.

• Like 1

^^ Not clear from your post but did you run all the steps listed at Malware tips or just adwcleaner.

Should really run Junkware removal tool etc just to be sure as not all removal programs are looking for the same things and some hidden remnant of 'Adrotator' might be hiding.

Note if you do run JRT do not get worried if the desktop disappears for a while, its normal. Also a report is produced showing what, if anything was found.

Yes, you are correct.

The virus did return and I have now completed all the steps, and all the malware programmes located viruses, etc and even a trojan, except malwarebytes anti-malware, which found nothing.

As a matter of interest I regularly run malwarebytes, but clearly it is not very effective. Do you know of any other free programme which may find these things in the future?

At present I run Avast daily and Spybot, CC cleaner, Wise registry cleaner and malwarebytes weekly. All free versions.

Thanks

Mobi