Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

1 minute ago, TonyClifton said:

I'm in Bangkok.  Should I call my the main immigration or can any office do it, specifically, can the one in the Fortune mall do it?

If you used a Bangkok address on your report you would contact Chaeng Wattana immigration about it.

It could be they are clearing a backlog of reports.

A person In Pattaya had his wife call immigration there and they said it was still not working. She insisted it was working and they had somebody check and sure enough his report was approved within minutes.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you used a Bangkok address on your report you would contact Chaeng Wattana immigration about it.

It could be they are clearing a backlog of reports.

A person In Pattaya had his wife call immigration there and they said it was still not working. She insisted it was working and they had somebody check and sure enough his report was approved within minutes.

That's a big backlog.  I submitted it on the 18th.  It's still not approved.  It's due on the 2nd of May.

4 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

That's a big backlog.  I submitted it on the 18th.  It's still not approved.  It's due on the 2nd of May.

If you have proof you did it online you would not be fined if you were late.

I assume you have gone back online to check for the approval. Emails are not always sent.

My situation is similar to TonyClifton's. I also did my online report on the 18th and it is also still pending. Mine is due May 1st. The office I depend from is Buriram.

It would be very inconvenient for me to go to the Buriram office right now as I am travelling in Bangkok with some visiting friends.

I called Buriram immigration and they told me that they are having big problems with some program they use on their website and that they cannot process the online applications and that I have to go to their office  and will be fined 2000 Baht if late.

I don't really believe that story as apparently others have had their application approved.

What would happen if I simply ignored the problem? after all, I did my report online in time, and have no reason to go check it has been approved.

I'm flying out of the country at the end of June before the next report is due. How about I just go to the airport to fly out at the end of June, and if immigration says anything about a problem with my 90 days report, I show them a print out showing I did it on the 18th of April, and forgot to check if it was approved or not, as I have done at least 3 previous online reports that all worked OK. Would they fine me if I can show that I did the report online well in time?

1 hour ago, johndeuf said:

My situation is similar to TonyClifton's. I also did my online report on the 18th and it is also still pending. Mine is due May 1st. The office I depend from is Buriram.

It would be very inconvenient for me to go to the Buriram office right now as I am travelling in Bangkok with some visiting friends.

I called Buriram immigration and they told me that they are having big problems with some program they use on their website and that they cannot process the online applications and that I have to go to their office  and will be fined 2000 Baht if late.

I don't really believe that story as apparently others have had their application approved.

What would happen if I simply ignored the problem? after all, I did my report online in time, and have no reason to go check it has been approved.

I'm flying out of the country at the end of June before the next report is due. How about I just go to the airport to fly out at the end of June, and if immigration says anything about a problem with my 90 days report, I show them a print out showing I did it on the 18th of April, and forgot to check if it was approved or not, as I have done at least 3 previous online reports that all worked OK. Would they fine me if I can show that I did the report online well in time?

You have every reason to check to see if it has been approved., if it has not you will be fined and have it on your record.

One strange thing about the approved printout.  Nowhere on it, is the next report date.  My admitted until is 7th of August but I have to leave and re-enter prior to mid-July so I can get another year admitted until date.  Why is the next 90 day report date missing?

7 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

One strange thing about the approved printout.  Nowhere on it, is the next report date.  My admitted until is 7th of August but I have to leave and re-enter prior to mid-July so I can get another year admitted until date.  Why is the next 90 day report date missing?

I think it is called next appointment on the approval you print out from the online reporting site.

On 4/28/2017 at 7:59 AM, ubonjoe said:

I think it is called next appointment on the approval you print out from the online reporting site.

No such thing.  There are only two dates, the date submitted/approved and the stay until date.  Nothing more.  My stay until date is August 7 but my OA visa multiple expires 16 July

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:59 AM, ubonjoe said:

Correct - click on the Next Appointment icon (bottom icon) and you should see a page headed Receipt of Notification. 

This shows date of your 90 day submission and   a block which reads "This is not an extension of stay.  Please notify your address again on [date].  Keep in passport".

Took me a couple of tries to open that page. 

• Like 1

Is it worth mentioning at all?

30 April, 2017, 13:40h

Again: site not working.

("Failure of Web Server bridge").

Closed for weekend :saai:

Two years(!) of unreliable, problem ridden service.

Draw your own conclusions.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not the same as when the extranet was down. Got the navigation canceled message and no security warning then..

Perhaps weekend maintenance. This has happened before.

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Two years(!) of unreliable, problem ridden service.

Draw your own conclusions.

I am told by the nudniks who care for our condo pool, that this is "Thai Style."  To them, this means that bad service and attitude is to be expected.  I didn't try and click through anything, I just printed out the part that said approved.  

Failure of Web Server bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent.

Everyone run out and get your own idempotent.  

Hurry.

Edited by TonyClifton

Anyone with temporary permission to stay that stays in the country continuously for more than 90 days must report. If you have stayed in the country longer than 90 days they can fine you for missed reports. There is no need to leave the country every year, you simply go back to your local immigration office and apply for another years extension.

Any idea why I would be told this and paid more than a standard extension? This was a documented payment and not the other type of payment I've heard about? My wife remembers me asking if I could report on line every 90 days and his response was, no just leave and come back through Savanabum Airport once every year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

On 4/22/2017 at 2:47 AM, timkeen08 said:

I have a 1 year extension by marriage with multiple entry. I paid 2,900 THB instead of the 1,900 THB (have receipt) and was told to report next year in person after leaving and re-entering Thailand by Savanabum Airport only, at least once every year. When I asked, the immigration officer said I did not have to do the 90 day reporting with my type of extension. He said, see you next year as we left. I was told that he no longer works at this office. Wish me luck... I do hope the lady immigration officer with three stripes on her collar that sat next to him is still there.

7 hours ago, timkeen08 said:

Any idea why I would be told this and paid more than a standard extension? This was a documented payment and not the other type of payment I've heard about? My wife remembers me asking if I could report on line every 90 days and his response was, no just leave and come back through Savanabum Airport once every year.

The 2900 baht you mentioned could possibley be for a single re-entry permit that has fee of 1000 baht and 1900 baht for the extension application.

You wrote though that have a multiple entry of some kind, was that what your original non-o visa was.

Not sure what the part about doing the a entry specifically at Suvarnabhumi airport was about.

You have to do reports of stay longer than 90 consecutive days in the country if you are in the country that long. There is no way to get around doing them if stay for 90 or more days.

You may fined 2000 baht if you have not done any 90 day reports.

The 2900 baht you mentioned could possibley be for a single re-entry permit that has fee of 1000 baht and 1900 baht for the extension application.
You wrote though that have a multiple entry of some kind, was that what your original non-o visa was.
Not sure what the part about doing the a entry specifically at Suvarnabhumi airport was about.
You have to do reports of stay longer than 90 consecutive days in the country if you are in the country that long. There is no way to get around doing them if stay for 90 or more days.
You may fined 2000 baht if you have not done any 90 day reports.

Thank you so much for replying. I did get a multiple entry type O VISA from the Thai consulate in Washington before entering Thailand for good. A $200 application fee as opposed to the single entry $80 fee. To further expand since things have never been simple with me, at our first visit to Immigration I initially paid the standard 1,900 baht VISA extension application fee changing my type O to a type O married to and supporting a Thai wife. We were given a one month appointment since the big boss was on vacation. We called to see about rushing the extension due to a new family medical situation involving Chemo that was starting soon in Geveva. We were called to return two weeks later that the big boss was back. When we returned for the Stamps, we were offered a different type of extension and paid 2,900 baht for a new application fee. So, I paid a total of 4,800 baht since the initial extension application was not used. If I have to pay a 2,000 baht fee, so be it. If what I was told is true and still in affect, I will pay the 2,900 baht again as we plan on touring SE Asia at least once a year anyway. From what I read on the official Immigration Police website, some things are at the discretion of the Immigration Office. I can only hope.

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Reporting site still unusable, unchanged.

Reliability of most anything in Thailand, unchanged.  

The bigger question, is why do the Thais put up with being treated so badly as it isn't just us.

• Like 1

Still getting:

Failure of Web Server bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent.

Looks like I'll have to go to Chaengwattana personally, what a pain in the arse. The 7-day-before limit will be expired tomorrow.  Can anyone tell me if I also have to drag my (non-Thai) wife and child down to report, or can I do it for them?  (I am sure this has been answered before, but a search was useless and I don't want to look through a 119 page thread).  

Last time I got a nasty comment from the CW officer about why I didn't report online (answer: site not working then either). Not looking forward to yet another long trip to the CW hellhole with a cranky toddler.

32 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

Go to the Fortune Mall instead.  You'll be in and out in 10 minutes.  

Do you meant Fortune Town IT Mall (Rama IX) or is there another Fortune Mall?  If the Rama IX mall, that's pretty much my most hated area of BKK since I seem to get in a 1-2hr traffic jam every time in the vicinity; going to CW might be faster for me (from Ratchadamri).  In any case, I had no idea you could do 90-day reporting there and a forum search came up empty, as always.

I was wrong.

Imperial Lad Prao.  I went there 3 months ago.  It's at the very top of a very weird mall.  There is a Big C there.  I was nicely treated, and out in less than 10 minutes.  Ignore #4 where it says 3 nationalities, they do 90-reports for anyone there.  I'm American.  #MAGA. See?

1. Immigration offices throughout the country
  2. For foreigners who residing in Bangkok contact at Immigration Division1 Office, Chalermprakiat Government Complex,Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi ,Bangkok
  3. For foreigners carrying out duties relating to the specific law : Immigration Act , Proleum Act / Board of Investment Act / Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act. contact at sub-division 3 Visa extension units, Chamchuree Square Building, Floor 18 , Phatumwan, Bangkok.
  4. For special Labor of three Nationalities Laos , Cambodia and Myanmar residing in Bangkok contact at Major Hollywood Susawad 1st Floor or Imperial Ladproaw 5th Floor
Edited by TonyClifton

7 hours ago, eppic said:

Looks like I'll have to go to Chaengwattana personally, what a pain in the arse. The 7-day-before limit will be expired tomorrow.  Can anyone tell me if I also have to drag my (non-Thai) wife and child down to report, or can I do it for them?  (I am sure this has been answered before, but a search was useless and I don't want to look through a 119 page thread).  

Wait awhile before doing the report in person. It may be back up shortly. That message has come up before and was only that way for a few days. It is not the same as when they took the extranet down.

You can do the report for your family members. My wife has done more of them for me than I have done myself.

You can do 90 day reports at 3 other locations in Bangkok other than CW.

1. Immigration Service Center for 4 National Legalized Labors ( Myanmar, Laos , Vietnam and Cambodia) at Imperial World Ladprao 
2. Immigration Service Center for 4 National Legalized Labors ( Myanmar, Laos , Vietnam and Cambodia) at Big C Supercenter , Don Mueang Branch (Saphan Mai)
3.Immigration Service Center for 4 National Legalized Labors ( Myanmar, Laos , Vietnam and Cambodia) at Big C Supercenter , Rat Burana Branch 4 (formally at Suksawat).

Source: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/intro1.html

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

I was wrong.

Imperial Lad Prao.  I went there 3 months ago.  It's at the very top of a very weird mall.  There is a Big C there.  I was nicely treated, and out in less than 10 minutes.  Ignore #4 where it says 3 nationalities, they do 90-reports for anyone there.  I'm American.  #MAGA. See?

1. Immigration offices throughout the country
  2. For foreigners who residing in Bangkok contact at Immigration Division1 Office, Chalermprakiat Government Complex,Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi ,Bangkok
  3. For foreigners carrying out duties relating to the specific law : Immigration Act , Proleum Act / Board of Investment Act / Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act. contact at sub-division 3 Visa extension units, Chamchuree Square Building, Floor 18 , Phatumwan, Bangkok.
  4. For special Labor of three Nationalities Laos , Cambodia and Myanmar residing in Bangkok contact at Major Hollywood Susawad 1st Floor or Imperial Ladproaw 5th Floor

Number 4 has changed. See my post for updated info.