Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

You always have been able to.

Read the Terms and Conditions page that you have to check to agree with before you can proceed.

• Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days but not less than 7 days before the due date of notification.

Edited by NE1

5 minutes ago, Bruce404 said:

Mail-ins can be submitted up to 15 days BEFORE the 90-day time limit.  

So I wonder if online reporting would also be permitted 15 days beforehand.  

"Cooked" might try it today, at 87 days in country, and let us all know if the website accepts your report.

No, Buriram immigration doesn't like it, so I'm waiting for others, braver than me, to go before. I don't know what will happen if I start to fill out the internet form and then possibly walk into Immigration a few days later.

43 minutes ago, Bruce404 said:

I did not go beyond visiting "Step1 : Fill up Personal Information",  as I still have quite some time to go before 90-days-minus-15.

When it first was reported as working again I went on the site using IE tab on Chrome, filled out the form and doing the captcha to be sure it worked. Filling out the required fields was easy since autofill works on it since I have done it so many times. Clicked on submit and got the check with your local office message I always get (old entry to the country problem).

Also tried it without IE tab and it was almost impossible to complete the form and captcha did not work.

There is nothing wrong trying when your report is not due. If it goes to step 2 just close it.

I remain staggered by the level on unprofessionalism! What makes you believe this is a production system. To me it looks like some untested prototype, opened to the public by mistake. 

I will not use it until an official announcement comes out. And this will have to be clear about which office will be using it or not. If I had managed my projects like this one I wouldn't have been sacked, but would have been turn into a (highly paid) "desk warmer".

And don't say this is "Thai Bashing", is is an objective assessment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

I remain staggered by the level on unprofessionalism! What makes you believe this is a production system. To me it looks like some untested prototype, opened to the public by mistake. 

Which site are you writing about.

The online reporting site has been available since 2015. Read the OP of this topic. It is the exact same site that it was over 2 years ago.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Which site are you writing about.

The online reporting site has been available since 2015. Read the OP of this topic. It is the exact same site that it was over 2 years ago.

Yes, and it never worked in a predictable fashion. My "untested prototype" assessment is valid for the April 2015 system. This "thing" has never had the characteristics of a mission critical system.

1 minute ago, Momofarang said:

Yes, and it never worked in a predictable fashion. My "untested prototype" assessment is valid for the April 2015 system. This "thing" has never had the characteristics of a mission critical system.

I have the receipts from six consecutive 90 day on-line reports. Seems that the system was predictive in its performance although as you say it most likely was never intended to be a "mission critical"  system linked to the space exploration program ...........

12 minutes ago, perthperson said:

I have the receipts from six consecutive 90 day on-line reports. Seems that the system was predictive in its performance although as you say it most likely was never intended to be a "mission critical"  system linked to the space exploration program ...........

Great! So testing strategy=" write one test case and repeat it 6 times".

Oohh it worked?! we can release it into prod...

A "mission critical system" is a system that support your core business.

45 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

And don't say this is "Thai Bashing", is is an objective assessment.

Most 'objective post' is seen as 'Thai  Bashing' on Thai Visa. On any other forum 'objective post' is seen as encouraging debating.

7 minutes ago, sinbin said:

Most 'objective post' is seen as 'Thai  Bashing' on Thai Visa. On any other forum 'objective post' is seen as encouraging debating.

Looks like we have two categories of people here:

1) Those who survive here by convincing themselves that that made the right decision to come to this great country. 

2) Those who observe, weigh pros and cons, mitigate, manage, etc

Edited by Momofarang

3 hours ago, cooked said:

No, Buriram immigration doesn't like it, so I'm waiting for others, braver than me, to go before. I don't know what will happen if I start to fill out the internet form and then possibly walk into Immigration a few days later.

I could be wrong, of course, but it would seem an online website for "90-day-reporting" of form TM.47 applies nationwide and is run from the "central" (i.e., main, big-boss) Immigration Department in Bangkok.  

So I wonder if individual provincial immigration officers have the discretion and independence to ignore the site's official online approvals of 90-day reports, as they seem to exercise for in-person visits on many matters, and for mailed-in TM47s.

I suppose if one never gets affirmation of a successful online report upon clicking the green box ("Check the status of your application") at the website, that may be a clue that one's local immigration office is blocking approval.   See uploaded file Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_CheckStatus_2017-07-02.jpg.

If so, one could always make one of those pleasant in-person visits to do the report, just to be sure, perhaps bringing along screen-capture images of the various steps after entering one's info at the website to inquire why it did not work.

Online-90-day_reporting_formTM.47_CheckStatus_2017-07-02.jpg

32 minutes ago, Bruce404 said:

So I wonder if individual provincial immigration officers have the discretion and independence to ignore the site's official online approvals of 90-day reports, as they seem to exercise for in-person visits on many matters, and for mailed-in TM47s.

There is no central approval.

After you get the report submitted it is then shown as pending. The local office is notified of the report done online and then either approves or disapproves it.

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:52 AM, ubonjoe said:

You are correct.

Just went on https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do accepted the terms and went to the report page.

UbonJoe & Bob TH:

Many thanks for this - saved me a day I'd much rather spend doing other stuff.  Form duly submitted and now "Pending".

Edited by yang123
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yang123 said:

UbonJoe & Bob TH:

Many thanks for this - saved me a day I'd much rather spend doing other stuff.  Form duly submitted and now "Pending".

Did you have problems with the page keep crashing? I tried it on Friday and today but it keeps freezing as I enter my info. 

13 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Did you have problems with the page keep crashing? I tried it on Friday and today but it keeps freezing as I enter my info. 

What browser are you using? 

If not using IE or an addon to emulate it that is what happens.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What browser are you using? 

If not using IE or an addon to emulate it that is what happens.

I'm using IE on my Windows laptop.

Trying right now and it's freezing when trying to enter my given name. 

7 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I'm using IE on my Windows laptop.

What version of IE are you using or is it Edge on windows 10?

Edge will not work. You will need to go to the setting menu and select IE.

Thanks to UbonJoe for his authoritative clarification that approvals of even online 90-day reporting via the national website are done by immigration officials at each local level.  So, a rather "federal" system after all, despite the perceived centralization of much authority in the country.

Thus, how easy or difficult the 90-day-reporting process may be (among other matters affecting expatriates) depends on where one lives, and the local discretion and attitudes in effect in that locale, which may change over time upon retirements, transfers, promotions, and replacement appointees.  

Edited by Bruce404

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What version of IE are you using or is it Edge on windows 10?

Edge will not work. You will need to go to the setting menu and select IE.

Yea, you're right. Was using Edge. I didn't know just assumed it was IE.

Tried on IE and it worked. Too late for me now. Will have to go in person :sad:

Cheers for the help. 

Hi.. I would appreciate if someone could help me here please...I am on 'Non B' yearly visa....my last date of entry into the kingdom was 19 April 2017 ... but I got my visa extended for another year just yesterday i.e. 3rd July 2017.    So my question is... from which date should I calculate my 90 days reporting date ?

Thank you. Navin. 

4 minutes ago, Navin said:

So my question is... from which date should I calculate my 90 days reporting date ?

Your report will be due 90 days from yesterday since it was your first extension of stay (visas are not extended) application. Your report will be due on the September 30th.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Navin said:

Hi.. I would appreciate if someone could help me here please...I am on 'Non B' yearly visa....my last date of entry into the kingdom was 19 April 2017 ... but I got my visa extended for another year just yesterday i.e. 3rd July 2017.    So my question is... from which date should I calculate my 90 days reporting date ?

Thank you. Navin. 

From my personal experience, the 90 day period is from either the last date you entered the country (if you've left for some reason) or the date you did your last 90 Day report.

I renewed my Extension of Stay at the beginning of June, but had to go back a couple days ago to do my 90 Day report (I had asked the IO about that previously and he wouldn't change the date to the same date I was going to do my renewal).

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

From my personal experience, the 90 day period is from either the last date you entered the country (if you've left for some reason) or the date you did your last 90 Day report.

I renewed my Extension of Stay at the beginning of June, but had to go back a couple days ago to do my 90 Day report (I had asked the IO about that previously and he wouldn't change the date to the same date I was going to do my renewal).

It used to be like that at Rayong, but when I went for a 90-day around the end of last year, the IO noted that my annual extension renewal date was 21st Feb and stipulated that as my next reporting date. 

As of noon today (July 4th) the website is unresponsive again.  I managed to submit my details a few days ago. Yesterday afternoon it was working, and reported my status as Pending. Today I get the same error message that I have been getting for the last 3 months ("Failure of Web Server Bridge").

I'll keep trying and will update here any progress I make.

PS: Admins. Why are people posting on this thread about general 90 day reporting? Surely there are better places to put these questions? I'd suggest that the issues arising from trying to use the online system are complex enough already.

I went to Buriram this morning. Immigration said 'no can do 90 day report online'. The officer even asked me why I was doing a report for someone else as well as my own. He seemed somewhat reluctant to do it for the other person and wanted to know why he couldn't do it himself. This place gets me going at times.

2 hours ago, Captain Jack said:

Why are people posting on this thread about general 90 day reporting? Surely there are better places to put these questions? I'd suggest that the issues arising from trying to use the online system are complex enough already.

Every little bit helps even though you may disagree. And do you really find the 'online system' complex? 

1 hour ago, sinbin said:

Every little bit helps even though you may disagree. And do you really find the 'online system' complex? 

I mean there are plenty of threads on ThaiVisa specifically about 90 day reporting. And yes,  since there are already 206 pages in this thread I would say that the online reporting system apparently is complex, and certainly enough to warrant it's own thread.

BTW: I'm not at all surprised the IO didn't want to do your friends report without him being present himself. Most immigration offices in Thailand would flat-out refuse to do that (unless it's a local who they know so don't mid 'bending the rules' for). You should count yourself lucky.

Edited by Captain Jack

1 hour ago, sinbin said:

I went to Buriram this morning. Immigration said 'no can do 90 day report online'. The officer even asked me why I was doing a report for someone else as well as my own. He seemed somewhat reluctant to do it for the other person and wanted to know why he couldn't do it himself. This place gets me going at times.

It surely does. I paid a Thai to do mine for me today. Don't think they said anything to him. 

• Like 1