Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

4 minutes ago, Hurricane51 said:

Well I tried and tried but I still get the same message. I renewed my passport 3 years ago, last entered the country 2 years ago. The last time I reported, about half the people I spoke to were unable to report online. It's been 4 years since this "service" was announced -- clearly not enough time for them. And they probably justify not adding more clerks in Bangkok (Chang Wattana) by telling themselves the online service will ease the overload.

As I wrote before you have to be sure you are entering all the required fields correctly. Only completing the required fields reduces the chance for an error.

The most common errors are not using the drop down menu and not entering the complete arrival/departure card number.

It is also possible that a error was made when you last entry the causes the system not to find your record.

If you can get past page 1 the system works good after that. 

I have just had an “interesting” experience with my latest 90-day report. I was able to submit it online within the permitted 15-to-7-day window before the due date – and, in so doing, experienced none of the problems which a number of recent posters on this thread appear to have had in getting past the first page.

However, that is where the good news ends. For some reason, my application then got stubbornly stuck in the Pending category, meaning that I had to make a special trip to my local immigration office yesterday (the day after the due date) to get things sorted. But getting them to provide a meaningful explanation as to why my online report had not been approved was totally impossible: all they basically did was to shrug their shoulders and “blame the computer”!

So can anyone shed any light on The Great Non-Approval Mystery in this instance? I did wonder whether the fact that this was my first report after a foreign trip and I didn’t submit any report by the previous due date (since I had exited Thailand 2 days earlier) might have had something to do with it. But presumably I would then have got no further than the first page online if this had been an issue?

I've been doing mine on-line for the past 4 years - mostly with no problems.  The Rayong office used to approve them on the next working day after you submitted it, but recently (the past year) they've been leaving it until the LAST working day of the appropriate window before approving.  I had one that didn't get approved first thing on the last day so I cancelled and re-submitted, and it was then approved almost immediately.... maybe they needed reminding..?

I note you say you had left T/L since your previous report, so that could have had a bearing on your problem... I've not left T/L since I started doing on-line reports, so can't help you, other than wishing you better luck next time.. 

12 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So can anyone shed any light on The Great Non-Approval Mystery in this instance? I

More than likely your local office did not bother to process it. I doubt very much they did not receive the application for it.

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

More than likely your local office did not bother to process it. I doubt very much they did not receive the application for it.

Yes, the "saving face" factor was probably key to the (non-)explanation I was given yesterday.

16 hours ago, OJAS said:

So can anyone shed any light on The Great Non-Approval Mystery in this instance?

The person who usually takes care of it has been away from work for a few days, they haven'the organisational sense to appoint a back up. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The person who usually takes care of it has been away from work for a few days, they haven'the organisational sense to appoint a back up. 

More than a few days in my case - almost a whole fortnight!

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that if there is a change of address, even if within the same Immigration Division area (Div. 1), then the 90 days online is not possible (apparently it will be rejected and you are told to go in person to Immigration)

...but if you leave the country and come back in (using a re-entry permit on a non-O extension) then obviously there are a few details that are changed (e.g. the arrival card no. and the date of arrival in Thailand). So even this situation would an address change still not be allowed online? I see this as conceptually distinct, since by arriving 'afresh' you are providing an address for the 'first' time (after all, the clock starts ticking again from zero from the moment you land off the plane). 

...If no, and I cannot use the online system, then can I mail it in? If I mail it:

-will I need to provide the last 90 days receipt, which has long since expired since I have left the country a couple of times since last doing one?

- will I need to send some proof of address change?

(what then is the difference between mailing it and doing it online? Is it just with one you need to sign your name?)

I am assuming in Bangkok Div .1 immigration they don't require the separate change of address TM form. The Immigration must already 'know' my new address since it was on the two arrival cards (TM7?), and on the TM30 done after both arrivals, and in my non-O extension application.

Please assist. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

but if you leave the country and come back in (using a re-entry permit on a non-O extension) then obviously there are a few details that are changed (e.g. the arrival card no. and the date of arrival in Thailand). So even this situation would an address change still not be allowed online? I see this as conceptually distinct, since by arriving 'afresh' you are providing an address for the 'first' time (after all, the clock starts ticking again from zero from the moment you land off the plane). 

You can do the online report after returning from a trip out of the country.

You will just use the new arrival info and TM6 number on the application. When you complete page one of the application it will be checking the database has info for your most recent entry to the country.

An address change is different since it would not match your record from previous reports. That is why immigration would not approve it.

You need to submit a TM30 form to do a change of address.

10 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Since my Landlord has done the TM30 with the changed address, that should mean the records are updated and the 90 days should be approved online. Is that right?

I am sure that would of changed the 90 day reporting records.

You could try doing it online. They normally do the approvals or disapproval within a day or less. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Is that not the TM28?

I thought it should be, but I hear some places are accepting a TM30 for the same purpose. (A TM28 is to report yourself changing address, a TM30 is for a house owner, master or possessor to report a foreigner arriving at their property). 

Hard to keep on track with this BS.

• Haha 1

I have never completed a TM28 (last time I moved permanent residence was in 2000) and my wife has only completed one TM30 which I believe was about 5 years ago at the same time as Immigration ruled that a retiree in Thailand was required to accommodate a "home visit" from Immigration to confirm their residence (another completely unworkable fiasco).

I tried again last week to do my 90 day online - usual problem, it didn't work - on either Chrome or Edge (or whatever MS is calling it now).   Glad some people can!

Not to mention some of the instructions are confusing.  I managed once, about two years ago but never received a confirmation e-mail or notification other than it had been accepted for processing.  Took a trip to CW and was told it had been received OK but I never received, nor could find, any record on line to copy for my passport.  The IO said all was fine and printed me out a new copy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, snooky said:

I tried again last week to do my 90 day online

Has worked fine for me the last 4 times on a laptop using Chrome. I had a few issues when trying early Monday... looks like you have to wait for someone in Immigration to arrive at work and realize the reset button needs hitting. 

• Haha 1

Yeh!!! I normally visit immigration.. or do my TM47 via mail..yesterday ..a Sunday, I applied and this morning APPROVED. Which is amazing since I know my house owner (i rent) did not file a TM30 . . did not even ask for my passport!!!55.. I never filed a TM28...  but.. if you look at Krabi (where I live) Immigration website.. it states no such change of address needs to be filed!! Oh my giddy Aunt.

As a side note.. I did this via my Mac OS computer using Chrome.

The stars seem to be all in alignment. I'll buy a lottery ticket today.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2019 at 6:54 AM, jacko45k said:

Has worked fine for me the last 4 times on a laptop using Chrome. I had a few issues when trying early Monday... looks like you have to wait for someone in Immigration to arrive at work and realize the reset button needs hitting. 

I did mine Monday afternoon online, destined for BKK CW. Used IE browser as usual, without any problem. Got the emailed confirmation back tonight/Tuesday night.

I tried to do my 90 day check late on Friday evening.  Message to report to Imm office (struck me as odd after about 12 successful on line approval, but assumed because the office was closed). 

Then tried again Saturday morning after I realised I'd used the incorrect TM6 number (memory not up to what it was!!), and it was accepted OK.  They have recently been approving it on the last day of the window - which was yesterday, but no e-m received, (these seem to be pretty hit or miss).

But I just visited the Imm site again and found it had been approved on Saturday, so saves a trip into the office.

I managed to sent the 90-report online, and received an email of approval three days later. It also said that I could check my immigration status on the website - but didn't say how to check it. I must be missing something: can someone please tell me how to check my status on that site? Thank you.

1 minute ago, mangkorn said:

I managed to sent the 90-report online, and received an email of approval three days later. It also said that I could check my immigration status on the website - but didn't say how to check it. I must be missing something: can someone please tell me how to check my status on that site? Thank you.

Click this on the online reporting site.

image.png.0c84d1210776b705d1642cd0bf3b61cd.png

Link: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

Thanks, Ubonjoe. One more question: it shows the approval date, so does that mean the new 90-day period starts then?

The paper receipt given when doing it in person gives the date of next due report. The website doesn't specify in the same manner. I suppose that means that the new count kicks in on the approval date? A note attached to the online approval form says: "Please check expiry date of visa in your passport." But the 90-day requirement is not directly associated with the visa date. It is tied to date of last entry into the country. Since my visa is valid for another 7 months,  I fail to see its relevance to the 90-report at this time.

Edited by mangkorn
add info about note from approving officer

16 minutes ago, mangkorn said:

"Please check expiry date of visa in your passport." But the 90-day requirement is not directly associated with the visa date.

It is to remind you that making the 90 day report does not mean you can stay another 90 days if your current permitted to stay stamp does not allow.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mangkorn said:

One more question: it shows the approval date, so does that mean the new 90-day period starts then?

That is day one of the 90 days.

25 minutes ago, mangkorn said:

A note attached to the online approval form says: "Please check expiry date of visa in your passport."

That is just a reminder that 90 day reporting has nothing to do with your permit to stay.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mangkorn said:

Thanks, Ubonjoe. One more question: it shows the approval date, so does that mean the new 90-day period starts then?

The paper receipt given when doing it in person gives the date of next due report. The website doesn't specify in the same manner. I suppose that means that the new count kicks in on the approval date? A note attached to the online approval form says: "Please check expiry date of visa in your passport." But the 90-day requirement is not directly associated with the visa date. It is tied to date of last entry into the country. Since my visa is valid for another 7 months,  I fail to see its relevance to the 90-report at this time.

At the bottom of your approved 90 day report there is a "The Next Appointment (PRINT)" button. Click on that, and you will get a receipt for your 90 day report with information about next due date, similar to the receipt you get when you report in person at an Immigration office.

Sophon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sophon said:

At the bottom of your approved 90 day report there is a "The Next Appointment (PRINT)" button. Click on that, and you will get a receipt for your 90 day report with information about next due date, similar to the receipt you get when you report in person at an Immigration office.

Sophon

Thank you, that's what I needed. Don't know how I missed that. 

Cheers.

Anyone done this in last day or two?

I am trying to do it for household staff and her child, no joy.

I get the

"For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area."

message and it appears so instantly that it does not seem like it could be due to problem with the info entered

Maybe the site is down??