If you could start again

Rewrting the last 50 years would take more than a few lines !

and remember hindsight is perfect vision, the trials and tribulations that life's path takes us through also forms the person/character we have become.

Whilst there are many things I would like to "do over" or paths that in hindsight I shouldnt have taken, I did take them, and they ultimately brought me to where I am now, and I consider myself fortunate to have reached this point in my life and have achieved what I now have and the lifestyle I have.

No complaints in the end result. Often its not the destination, but the journey you took to get there.

Very wise reply...and you know I don't say this because you are a MOD...

and remember hindsight is perfect vision, the trials and tribulations that life's path takes us through also forms the person/character we have become.

Whilst there are many things I would like to "do over" or paths that in hindsight I shouldnt have taken, I did take them, and they ultimately brought me to where I am now, and I consider myself fortunate to have reached this point in my life and have achieved what I now have and the lifestyle I have.

No complaints in the end result. Often its not the destination, but the journey you took to get there.

charlieH.... Many times I don't agree with you but this time you are right on the money, well said !

Good topic. it's hard to say what to change as one change could change everything, something like a domino effect. I always say I should have done this or done that, but then when I think more about it if i did do that instead of what i did would I be where I am now?

I am happy where I'm at in life, not exactly how i wanted things to be but financially I cant be more than happy.

Definitely would've bought Google, Apple and Microsoft stock when they all started out.

• Like 1

Not much to complain about.....easy to have the shouda coulda woulda blues but even if had taken different forks in the road there is no telling where some of them may have led me.....maybe better, maybe worse.

Overall I have been a very lucky guy. No whining on the yacht is a thought that many might do well to remember.

• Like 2

I have had a most interesting life and am happy with what I have accomplished. The only things I sometimes wonder about are: 1. I regret getting a good formal education. I think I am well self-educated and I did get a degree in Civil engineering in my fifties but... 2. I 'retired' from the US Army in 1969 because I disagreed with the Vietnam war. I sometimes wonder how my life would be if I had stayed in and retired with 30 years. 3. I do regret spending the four years of my life with my second ex-wife. Lost years.

• Like 1

The OP is about 'starting' again, not anything after that. Your imaginary fifty years will have to work themselves out.

I would ignore all the advice I heard when I was 10. Most of it was bad and what I wanted to do would have worked out well.

i think if i'd had continued my army career i could retire now...but on the other hand many beautiful years missed all around the globe...

or as Mr Sinatra would say:regrets i had a few,but then again,too few to mention...and the final summary comes anyway at the end....

• Like 1

AMEN !!!!

I have spent most of my adult life here and failed to really maintain contact with a lot of people I should have back home. That being said I can and am fixing what I

can.....Also Ten years with a horrible thieving wife . Have a great one now though.

Edited by NickJ