Cigarette and liquor prices to go up now

Lite Beer

If they want to tax beer/cigs to accommodate their Keynesian model then I can begrudgingly accept that in this or any other country, but for the life of me I cannot understand why someone who wants to chill and have a beer/cig should be donating to someone who wants to do another activity (sport, it is claimed in this instance).

Why not tax nail varnish, donkey spotting, frog hunting or any other activity?

• Like 1

"Price of foreign coloured brandy will rise by between 5.23 and 8.49 baht per bottle"

Is this REALLY a crippling price hike?

I dont expect ANY answers to this, anyway!

cheesy.gif

Edit

I doubt the poor farmers drink this.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Last night I bought a few bottles of Leo....the shopkeeper told me that today, Sunday, she would be raising her price to 70 baht from 65.

Leo is 55 baht in all the shops around here.

I am totally against the increase of tax of products people buy for pleasure. Why not tax Sex? Majority of the tourist come her for it!......put a tax on hotel rooms, call it a "Recreational Tourist tax". Put a tax on bathroom tissue, Coke, Pepsi, Catsup, ........How about Fish Sauce. I can think of a thousand products most people use. By taxing certain products, people will buy out of habit, not necessary helps prevent its abuse, in a way it it is

taking advantage of those who don't have the capabilities mentally to overcome the addiction.

Edited by Daniel Ingalls