Traffic Nightmare from BKK to Pattaya

I hardly think that "tomb sweeping" is a big tradition in Thailand and certainly NOT the cause of major traffic jams.

Simply agree.

Even my friends theory ("Isan festival") sounds more plausible biggrin.png

For me its just another proof that traffic becomes more and more erratic.

Too many cars, too much money. No reasonable railway.

I would have expected people keep their travel budget for Songkran.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

We travel to/from BKK from Pattaya several times a month. Mostly on weekends. Luckily, we're going TO BKK, so see the traffic mess on the other side of the road. My friend who comes here about once a month on Saturdays, says it can be a 4 hour drive if he's not on the road by 8am at the latest. Around 7am, he's here in 2 hours. I've seen 4km backups at those toll booths. Ugh.

its quite often the toll booths making the jams, from what i've seen

they have to get the auto systems in place, sooner of later, if for nothing else, to save the health of those booth operators!

And also to get into the 21st century. Australia and Singapore have had electronic toll systems in place for a number of years now and cash tolls were completely eliminated in Australia about 5-7 years ago now. Stop being "baan nok" Thailand, and get with the times. Electronic tolling is the way of the future.

yes when heading nth on the outer eastern tollway, passing some 2ks banked up trying to pay upermm.gif

i knew very well i was in for a log jam in 2 hrs when i had to returnwacko.png

it is funny cause at that point there are 2 lanes merging into 4 but you have about 8 or 9!crazy.gif

great logistics or bad maths? i dont knowblink.png

always remember tank full, bladder empty!!thumbsup.gif

Edited by kaorop