Thai Airlines Face Bans Over Possible Safety Issues

Jacob Maslow

IMHO - Thai International should be banned just for being STUPID. --- Painting over the logo puts them in the same classification as the suicidal bus companies of Thailand who paint over their unroadworthy junk having just killed the innocent.

what would you expect.We are dealing with children here!

For those of us that live here, and have to put up with the mai pen rai attitude

that permeates Thai society and causes so many safety issues, I think there

was always a fond hope that that attitude did not apply to commercial aviation.....

Apparently it does . :-( Will be interesting to see Prayut crack the whip

and see if he can correct these issues. Could help get his mind off worrying

about miniskirts. cheesy.gif

And to the Thaier than Thai brigade who will start yapping about a nanny state,

give me a break. I am pretty sure if we were on the same flight, you would want

the plane to keep flying with good maintenance too....

On a side note, I wish to nominate the photo of some fighter jets and some Hercs

in a story about commercial aviation safety issues, as the most moronic cover photo ever

to accompany a story. Should have had a photo of the flaming wreck of the

1-2 Go plane that crashed in Phuket.......

You don't have to put up with the 'MAI bEN rAI ATTITUDE'! You can leave.People like you give Thai a bad name.Go to another country and you can complain constantly there too!

This is fantastic news....

Thailand needs a good spanking, so they begin to understand reality.

Its time to get out of the dark ages and replace witch doctors with qualified people

So..... you get enjoyment out of Thailand' misfortunes I take it?.....do you live here?

Yes I do... STill a newbie with 9 years full time, under my belt

I have to contend with sub services

Sometimes it takes a drop or 2 of rain to bring out a blackout... Yesterday the sky considered raining, but the electricity decided to do a blackout anyway.

Taking the exams and driving test for both car and bike was a complete joke... A disgrace to Thailands testing system

We had an internal door put in our home... The EXPERT took so much off the top of the door, that there is a massive inclining gap that lets all the mozzies into the kids room.

I could go on and on..., But I wont smile.png

Do I take enjoyment...? Not really, but I am really fed up with the BS that seems to be the norm... Unfortunately, it took a country to give Thailand the slapping it deserves... And I am sure, this wont be the last....

But I have a wonderful Thai wife and kids.. and love the country.... just not the stupidity of those that run it

You don't have to put up with sub standard services. You can leave. Go back to your nanny state!

WOW Thanks for the clarification..

So again I askWhat are the safety issues?

You should probably call the ICAO and ask them if you really care about the issue. I doubt someone on this forum could answer this for you better than them. Just a thought.

Next we will be hearing ICAO are a red shirt front organisation in the pay of Thaksin...

This is the condescension I was talking g about Patricki.

It is a sure way to pick a UDD supporter. They just cannot help themselves.

Have a lovely day baboon and stay safe.

All airlines do not operate on a similar system.I recently booked a return flight and didn't use the first flight but used the return, no fees to pay

Today Thai told me if I don't show up for a flight I may be charges no show. Now how the hell can they charge for something I already paid for?? Stupidity goes a long way. Try to phone them and find out, because I have to drive every single time from Patong to Phuket Town to get something changed and be able to talk to somebody.

Then.....you should inform them of your lateness.........

All airlines work on a similar system...............it's only a phone call!!

All airlines do not operate on a similar system.I recently booked a return flight and didn't use the first flight but used the return, no fees to pay

Today Thai told me if I don't show up for a flight I may be charges no show. Now how the hell can they charge for something I already paid for?? Stupidity goes a long way. Try to phone them and find out, because I have to drive every single time from Patong to Phuket Town to get something changed and be able to talk to somebody.

Then.....you should inform them of your lateness.........

All airlines work on a similar system...............it's only a phone call!!

Maybe you should read if you can. I got 11 times the Thai Airways number stored on my phone, wasted an hour and got nowhere.

Wake up and see the light.

And for dean he was really lucky because the return flights are normally cancelled if you don't use the first leg.

WOW Thanks for the clarification..

So again I askWhat are the safety issues?

You should probably call the ICAO and ask them if you really care about the issue. I doubt someone on this forum could answer this for you better than them. Just a thought.

Next we will be hearing ICAO are a red shirt front organisation in the pay of Thaksin...

This is the condescension I was talking g about Patricki.

It is a sure way to pick a UDD supporter. They just cannot help themselves.

Have a lovely day baboon and stay safe.

It wasn't condescension, it was mockery, derision.

Are you calling me a UDD supporter, yes or no?

Why would anyone in their right mind fly with an airline that is struggling financially? There is such a big choice of quality airlines with brand new planes. Thailand should focus on reducing the catastrophic number of road fatalities, once that is sorted, then think about taking to the skies again, with a re-branded Thai airways that refuses to give free flights to big haired hi-so ladies with their 50 Louis Vuitton suitcases.

and there's no condescension by calling people UDD supporters because they don't drink the Junta Kool Aid.

Its about time THAI got a good hard shake, they've been leaking public money for decades, there's never any good news coming from THAI these days.

whistling.gif No one has yet said clearly what the "possible safety issues: are as far as I can see.

One of the issues dealt with lack of certification standards of pilots....pretty important if you ask me.

With so many positions in Thailand being bought, I always wondered if the pilot

in a Thai plane was the nephew of somebody important, or actually earned

the position. Will be waiting for that news to come out.

whistling.gif No one has yet said clearly what the "possible safety issues: are as far as I can see.

One of the issues dealt with lack of certification standards of pilots....pretty important if you ask me.

With so many positions in Thailand being bought, I always wondered if the pilot

in a Thai plane was the nephew of somebody important, or actually earned

the position. Will be waiting for that news to come out.

now THAT is even more scarier than article 44!!

As far as I can see there were no Thais with the qualifications to issue licences for pilots, for aircraft and airlines to operate them. Rather than employ foreigners to do the job until the Thais were trained to a needed international level it was easier for the Thais to just declare that their staff were able to issue the required certifications even though they were not qualified to do so.

Household debt in Thailand higest in the world??

A simple google finds out that it is not.. many more namely western countries with much higher household debts, again, nonsense article..

What topic are you replying to? Not airplanes obviously from your post.... Check you ramblings at the door please :)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

IMHO - Thai International should be banned just for being STUPID. --- Painting over the logo puts them in the same classification as the suicidal bus companies of Thailand who paint over their unroadworthy junk having just killed the innocent.

If we follow your logic Air France would be ban too.......

http://www.airdisaster.com/photos/f-gnia/photo.shtml

Now that wouldnt be a bad idea

Covering the logo is standard procedure and performed by all airlines in case an aircraft is involved in an accident or incident. Not just Thai.

So no Aircraft carry any Logo's then.....what colour is the sky in your world....

Of course they carry logos, but as I pointed out; it's standard procedure to cover the logo in case of an accident or incident. Every airline, not just Thai.

China Airlines

http://telstarlogistics.typepad.com/telstarlogistics/images/2007/08/23/737whitewash_2.jpg

They all do it

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/09/thai-airways-logo-crash-etiquette

Scandinavian

http://www.monotoni.se/bass/wp-content/uploads/sas_flight_751_crash.jpg

Alitalia

http://cdn3.spiegel.de/images/image-456262-breitwandaufmacher-lmzl.jpg

In my world, that is. Incidentally (no pun intended), same as yours.