Urgent Advice Needed With Regard To Condo Purchase

Yes afraid you took the plunge without knowing the depth of the water.

IMHO always buy in your own name here - and that means ensure you have a right to register in your name at the Land Registry.

The 49% figure is the very first thing you needed to find out - and you need proof of it. That's why you need Sunbelt or Dragonman or siam-legal to find these things out the 'legal' way (never take the word of a salesperson - they are salespeople not librarians). You give them the contract details etc and they sort it for you.

I agree with Skipper and others that buying a completed unit is better than the off-plan way. But then again the choices of quality places already built and sitting empty are fewer. There's always re-sale. Again a lawyer is needed for sure.

Hi Guys!

Ok i think the overall message is loud and clear...i'm gonna dump this condo and buy s'thing that has not reached the 49% ratio yet.

I'm in Pattaya at the minute and have been looking as this was always my favourite place anyway...got a few property mags and found so many resale places that it is making my head spin.

I don't want anything less than 70 sqm as i plan to live in this place full time eventually..if anyone can suggest any good Real Estate places to buy from here, then it would be appreciated.

I have been promised my 1500 deposit back..lets hope they keep to their word.

Thanks for everyones input and advice.

Edited by ChUcKyChUcKs

Hi Guys!

Ok i think the overall message is loud and clear...i'm gonna dump this condo and buy s'thing that has not reached the 49% ratio yet.

I'm in Pattaya at the minute and have been looking as this was always my favourite place anyway...got a few property mags and found so many resale places that it is making my head spin.

I don't want anything less than 70 sqm as i plan to live in this place full time eventually..if anyone can suggest any good Real Estate places to buy from here, then it would be appreciated.

I have been promised my 1500 deposit back..lets hope they keep to their word.

Thanks for everyones input and advice.

Hi there,

Not sure about Pattaya....but you can find Condo's also with sunbelt- you can be sure that there are no funny "deals" with them....here the link: http://www.property.th.com/index.php

good luck,

rcm :o