Best Burger in Bangkok 2015......

smokie36

I recommend trying Big Bear Steak Hunger Buster at the front of Udomsuk 39. The owner/chef worked for many years in the U.S. (Around Las Vegas). This is their Mexican Burger, I ordered with an extra patty which brought the total to around 250 baht.

post-22504-14338569941633_thumb.jpg

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recommend trying Big Bear Steak Hunger Buster at the front of Udomsuk 39. The owner/chef worked for many years in the U.S. (Around Las Vegas). This is their Mexican Burger, I ordered with an extra patty which brought the total to around 250 baht.

That looks interesting!!! Once again, never heard of this place before...

I'm sure the burger would be shorter/less high if someone only had a single patty. But for the double that you ordered, how the heck would you physically eat it??? biggrin.png

That looks interesting!!! Once again, never heard of this place before...

I'm sure the burger would be shorter/less high if someone only had a single patty. But for the double that you ordered, how the heck would you physically eat it??? biggrin.png

I have a big mouth ;-) it wasn't easy and very messy, but worth it.

Never figured why a burger is more expensive here then in the states. I guess it's considered gourmet here.

Because the good ones are usually made with imported beef....and Thailand has excessive import duties/taxes.

an important factor about any burger is what kind of cuts are used as well as the amount of fat content, seasoning, other things like using an egg to bind the mixture or onions and condiments to give a certain type of taste/flavor.

all of which contribute to whether a certain individual likes or dislikes what they are eating from place to place and as said before attitudes differ from country to country.

for example and i know it's a bit far fetched, but could an an argument be put forward for steak tartare as a French equivalent of a raw burger pattie ? wacko.png

The place you're talking about on Udomsuk is a food truck, not a restaurant, right???

I saw some photos on the business' Facebook page last night...

attachicon.gifPS2095.jpg attachicon.gifPS2096.jpg

attachicon.gifPS2097.jpg

He has the truck out the back, but he shares the restaurant in the evening with a noodle shop. The noodle shop is there during the day, and it's a burger and steak shop at night.

They had a spot on Thai TV recently as well

I got them too last night and ended up at Iron Fairies.

All I can say is its not bad.

Burger doesn't seem to have any real consistency though....chips were good.

Staff dealt with an issue we had perfectly so kudos to them for that.

Drinks there are always good but I doubt I'll eat the burger again.

Two places I can personally attest to:

1)

http://nysteakandburger.com/ on Sukhumvit 22 opposite the old Imperial Queen's Park Hotel (first read about it here: http://www.examiner.com/review/get-your-beef-on-at-new-york-style-steak-burgers)

2)

https://www.facebook.com/Tribeca.restobar.bkk on Thonglor 13 near Samitivej hospital

I did not care for my one food experience at Iron Fairies at all. But I do my eating before my drinking and after a few of their Absinthe cocktails, I might have eaten the plate. (I'd return here for the drinks, but not the food)

That Big Bear place looks like my next food adventure. Thanks Moonoi

PLEASE don't watch the movie I did, where cows are standing in 2 feet of their own excrement - and force fed corn

What happened to feeding them grass?

Now I can't eat a burger that I know came from about a 1,000 different cows minimumcoffee1.gif

Signed,

E Coli 101thumbsup.gif

On the other hand... just before the Siam Discovery mall closed for remodeling recently, I went over and tried the Outback Steakhouse burger I'd had in the past. When the Outback restaurant reopens again when the Siam Discovery mall reopens, their Outbacker Burger for 359 baht is definitely one I'd be going back for.

The meat tasted like real hamburger, the fresh veggies and real dill pickle garnishes were good, the bun toasted, two slices of cheese, a small but tasty portion of crisp, hot, seasoned fries, and a complimentary warm roll of Outback's pretty good brown bread. Overall, one of the better restaurant hamburgers I've had in Bangkok, and nice to see that they were consistent from my prior burger visit a year or two ago and my most recent one.

attachicon.gifOutback Burger 359b a.jpg

attachicon.gifOutback Burger 359b b.jpg

Years ago i ate in that Outback place and got fry's with black spots all over them. They used old oil i guess. Now look at your frie's, they still use dirty oil even after i told them to stop that.

But i stopped chasing burgers and steaks in Bangkok, have been disappointed too many times. Now i go to BK or MOS and that's enough for me.

What i miss seriously is good doner kebab from veal. Weird that i still can't find that in BKK.

And what about Tony Roma? He has good ribs , can he also make burgers?

Years ago i ate in that Outback place and got fry's with black spots all over them. They used old oil i guess. Now look at your frie's, they still use dirty oil even after i told them to stop that.

I can't say what happened on your visit years ago.

But on mine a month or two back, the black specs you refer to happened to be BLACK PEPPER on their seasoned french fries...

The fries I had there were hot, fresh tasting and quite good.

PLEASE don't watch the movie I did, where cows are standing in 2 feet of their own excrement - and force fed corn

Now I can't eat a burger that I know came from about a 1,000 different cows minimumcoffee1.gif

Signed,

E Coli 101thumbsup.gif

Go and post this in the whining vegetarian thread, not in the burger appreciation thread.

Honestly..... facepalm.gif

Signed,

E Coli 101thumbsup.gif

Go and post this in the whining vegetarian thread, not in the burger appreciation thread.

Honestly..... facepalm.gif

.5555 nicely put.

I can't say what happened on your visit years ago.

But on mine a month or two back, the black specs you refer to happened to be BLACK PEPPER on their seasoned french fries...

The fries I had there were hot, fresh tasting and quite good.

Black pepper on the aussie fries? Well that must be a Thailand only thing i guess.

My fries have to be fresh, crispy, hot and just a little salted, not as much as in the Mac D or i won't eat them. Sizzlers has great fries but no mayonaise unfortunately.

One day we ate in Santa Fe steakhouse and they served me cheesesauce on the fries. I had never seen that before and it was disgusting. The whole dinner was terrible anyway so i'll never go back there.

Do not go to Firehouse.. Went there tonigjt after seeing good reviews for it.. Terrible.. Actually worst burger I have had in a long time.. Wet tastless patty.

Who ever says it's good must work there or something I went there excited to taste a good burger.. Left pissed off.. Went to Burger King.. Thanks how bad it was.

Do not go to Firehouse.. Went there tonigjt after seeing good reviews for it.. Terrible.. Actually worst burger I have had in a long time.. Wet tastless patty.

Who ever says it's good must work there or something I went there excited to taste a good burger.. Left pissed off.. Went to Burger King.. Thanks how bad it was.

Don't recall seeing a good review for it on this thread.

How was BK?

Don't recall seeing a good review for it on this thread.

How was BK?

BK did the job.. Way way way better the Firehouse.. I cannot believe how crap the burger patty was.

Honestly, why search for the best burger if this is widely availlable everywhere......in EU/UK that is.

No problem with bad patty's or so, the bread is crisped before serving, great sauces come with it......

Sigh, why Thailand doesn't sell it? I've seen it in Singapore and the farang love it. Not to mention all europeans who crave for this. Burgers are out, kebab is in.

post-228013-0-12228100-1434138949_thumb.

post-228013-0-93543700-1434138961_thumb.

Honestly, why search for the best burger if this is widely availlable everywhere......in EU/UK that is.

No problem with bad patty's or so, the bread is crisped before serving, great sauces come with it......

Sigh, why Thailand doesn't sell it? I've seen it in Singapore and the farang love it. Not to mention all europeans who crave for this. Burgers are out, kebab is in.

This is in Thailand... There are shoulds in Soi 3 and The Arab Soi that have it... The shops call it a Showerma or Kebab... Very nice.

Sent from my c64

How was BK?

I must admit, I had some bad words to say about BK Thailand earlier in this thread, based on some really horrible, smeared with undefinable sauce burgers they'd served me a while back as some of their special (non Whopper) offerings.

So, based on the comments here, I decided to go back and give them another chance, and order just a plain Whopper without cheese (since I'm not a fan of processed cheese slices), and specifically to ask them to omit the ketchup that they normally/automatically put on their Whoppers, since I for my taste hate ketchup on hamburgers.

And I must say, on the low/bargain end of the burgers scale, the Whopper that they served me at their Nana Square location a while back wasn't bad for 139b. Basically the same kind and size of burger patty served at Carl's Jr, thin and dry and kind of grilled. But at least, the bun was soft and the veggies they added were appropriate and fresh.

post-58284-0-93870200-1434166356_thumb.j

post-58284-0-10509700-1434166371_thumb.j

By comparison, Carl's has what they call their Big Burger for 120b that's missing the lettuce and tomato. Never going to order that again.

post-58284-0-59635000-1434166586_thumb.j

And then they have the Carl's Famous Star with cheese for 165b baht that kind of resembled the regular Whopper, except adds in the slice of processed cheese.

post-58284-0-22046500-1434166589_thumb.j

Given that I'm not a fan of processed cheese, actually, having tried them all, I'd probably take the regular Whopper without cheese over the Carl's Jr. Famous Star with processed cheese and Carl's vague kind of BBQ sauce.

Here's the processed cheese...

post-58284-0-90289900-1434166747_thumb.j

But the Carl's jalapeno burger is still my favorite among the lower end choices...

Thanks for that comparison John.

I have to admit I quit eating fast food burgers in 1997....just found I couldn't stomach them any more....no idea why really.

Looking forward to trying the new place on Soi 22 soon!

Archived