Agencies posing as direct-hire schools

What's up with this?

It would be nice if every job ad would include the name of the employer and the paid months of a contract. Similar to banks posting the APR or APY.

Seems this is now becoming more and more common. Instead of their corporate name, they advertise as "XXXXXXX School in YYY". Or theyy bait and switch. Those who respond to an ad for the city of XXX may get some other offers.

During a job interview, I heard that there would be a "deposit" needed which would be refunded on the first day. Seems many teachers won't show up. And a B-Visa is valuable whistling.gif

The times, they are changing!

Some teachers need to stop hating the world. The world isn't out to get you.

Many teachers don't turn up on day 1. This is incredibly selfish and has led schools to protect themselves. A deposit is too much in my opinion but I can understand why schools do this. If the teacher is going to honour their word and the terms of the contract they signed, there isn't a problem and the money is returned. However, if the teacher does what a significant number do and just stick it up the bum of the school, students and parents for no reason other than a selfish one, they lose their money and som nam na.

The agents use the name of the school where the teacher will be placed because that's where they will work. If they intentionally hide the relationship between the school and agent, that's wrong. Do you have a specific example where this happened?

I can also understand why an agent believes that a teacher who has shown interest in a particular job is actively looking for work and may be interested in other opportunities if the original one is not suitable or no longer available.

A non-immigrant B visa is valuable.