Taking it all with you..including the dogs

Times are changing. Lots of us are indeed leaving. Far more than ever before.

I'd be interested in keeping in touch with you, and how things turn out in Spain and Portugal. Please do PM me with updates, if it's not too much trouble.

Best wishes, and bon voyage!

Cool.

good luck LL dont forget a coat for your beloved [dogs] they will miss the heat and the ticks.w00t.gif

its tooooooooooooooooooooooo late for me and mrs meat to pack up and go,but if we could maspalomas would be fine.

Yes sick to the back teeth with Thailand ,and especially those on marriage visas with what is happening to them,or about to I should think they are about to top themselves,enough anyway.

Should have added whats good for the dogs is good for Thai wife also,simple Thai wedding then into EU easily,no visa no nothing,whether she stays its up to her,but again remarkably cheap one way fares with that airline

Probably rent car one way when I eventually land in (probably Barcelona,flights more frequent there)and about 4 hours drive.

cheers yes did go look see flight recently,but not done Algarve yet.

I too thought of Portugal until I check the prices of accommodation and cost of living. I could do it but decided it was just not worth all the hassle especially as I also have several dogs that would need to go.

Should have added whats good for the dogs is good for Thai wife also,simple Thai wedding then into EU easily,no visa no nothing,whether she stays its up to her,

"No Visa, no nothing" YES for you there, but for your Thai Gf, wife? Some countries do not make that easy.

Where you from, by the way?

Noticed last year a retired Norwegian who has residence in Spain, in Marbella

and owns Appartement there.

He took his Cambodian Gf, (38 y. old) with a Spanish Schengen Visa with him - she had been already in EU before, without any problems and left in time, but they still gave her only 42 days.

He had even a Spanish lawyer involved. whistling.gif

I too thought of Portugal until I check the prices of accommodation and cost of living. I could do it but decided it was just not worth all the hassle especially as I also have several dogs that would need to go.

Before I will leave again, I must still get over the shock how much it cost me (probably mostly "tea money"...) in bringing my dogs into Thailand in the first place...

• Like 2

It's interesting how nobody ever seems to just up and leave Thailand without trying to justify their decision by pretending there's some sort of mass exodus of expats occurring.

Yes , a bit like saying " I am thinking of topping myself, I hear condo diving in Pattaya is the way to go , any other suggestions ? "

• Like 1

It's interesting how nobody ever seems to just up and leave Thailand without trying to justify their decision by pretending there's some sort of mass exodus of expats occurring.

Noticed that myself....maybe it's just human nature, a way of looking for support to convince oneself that they are doing the right thing.

If I ever decided to leave Thailand I will be eternally grateful for the wonderful years of happiness it has given me....that can never be taken away from me now.

Edited by dotpoom

I live in Portugal,, the Algarve, i was born there so i have residency,

i spend the summer there (rainy season) then i go to Thailand, like

some people here i'm getting sick of the changing rules on visas so

the next place to inhabit this year will be the Philippines, i will go to

an island where a friend has a house so i will try it out.

As for Portugal, all of the EU uses the euro currency so taking baht

there to exchange means you will end up with a few sea shells or

maybe less, where your funds come from is something to consider.

The rental market,, good luck there, there is a parallel economy

running in Portugal and the government actually introduced more

laws yesterday tightening rental accommodation, i own my villa

and 10 condos that have been rented, out of those 10 rentals i now

i have 3, as soon as someone leaves i disconnect the utilities and

lock the place up, the taxes and administration are out of control.

My opinion, live in Spain and visit Portugal,,, i usually fly from Bangkok

to AbuDhabi then Lisbon, direct, from there (the airport) go to Orient

train station (by the underground) then to the Algarve by fast train

it costs 20 euros and takes 3 hours, further information here,,,

http://theportugalnews.com/

http://www.algarvedailynews.com/

http://algarve.angloinfo.com/

You might like to study the climatic conditions of Philippines for say over the last year. It lies right across the most appalling climatic area for tropical storms and worse. I had thoughts about staying there for sometime, but after watching (from the safety of lovely Thailand) the severe battering it gets, several times each year, it has put me off. It is also much more poor than Thailand with a less developed infrastructure and equally, if not more corrupt than here. Think twice My Friend and do lots of research, the grass is not always greener on the other side and you could well end up even more fed-up than you are here! Good luck.wink.png

With you on the visas,however I'm on the £,pretty good at the moment,also looking at buying more than renting and just bout to start a couple of flights to look see. Got 3 dogs in total,and if get settled OK will take 2 more Soi dogs bit later.

Couple of friends just flown the nest to Lagos Algarve,take some information from them too,but as for Spain cheap as hell,in Alicante region got a few rental villas to consider 350 Euros/month for furnished really nice detached villas ,so may make a move to one of them firstly

As for others ,yep lost my neighbour of past 7 years last week, another one across the road ,and a drinking chum, and another couple of guys I swam with every day up and left ,gets lonesome.plus I'm storing gear for people supposed to be returning,does not look like they are though, gear going to get dumped

Been gleaning information steadily off other ex pats site there ,and Spain,but I do not want to live in Spain permanently (can peak the lingo too)

Train bus or flight from/to Madrid into Algarve (Faro) must be cheaper than flight into Lisbon,now that was expensive route

Edited by loppylugs1

Should have added whats good for the dogs is good for Thai wife also,simple Thai wedding then into EU easily,no visa no nothing,whether she stays its up to her,

"No Visa, no nothing" YES for you there, but for your Thai Gf, wife? Some countries do not make that easy.

Where you from, by the way?

Noticed last year a retired Norwegian who has residence in Spain, in Marbella

and owns Appartement there.

He took his Cambodian Gf, (38 y. old) with a Spanish Schengen Visa with him - she had been already in EU before, without any problems and left in time, but they still gave her only 42 days.

He had even a Spanish lawyer involved. whistling.gif

Yes difficult for GF ,but how much is Thai wedding at amphur peanuts and it means nothing,get divorced just as easy,just gives her a chance to improve her chances actually Im from UK yes I can get her in there too ( the UK) if I wanted,got the means but I do not want to go there

I am so sorry to read your storys about how unhappy you all are in thailand and wish you all the best I am one of the lucky ones I did not put all my money in to thailand just put what I wanted to lose and it is not a lot of my money.

You see I have home ,car and thai who is just ok but like all thais think I am the A T M . And I have rented land off her and car In my name and if it turns to sh?t I will just walk away and go back home .

Back home I have it all as well , car , big boat go fishing a lot and 3 homes that is why I come to thailand spend some time with the thai and back home witch makes me love thailand and that is why I come and go , get away from the thai and not put up with the sh?t from my thai and yes there will be people out there who will say when I am away the thai will pay up , well if it happens good up to her .

I am so sorry to read your storys about how unhappy you all are in thailand and wish you all the best I am one of the lucky ones I did not put all my money in to thailand just put what I wanted to lose and it is not a lot of my money.

You see I have home ,car and thai who is just ok but like all thais think I am the A T M . And I have rented land off her and car In my name and if it turns to sh?t I will just walk away and go back home .

Back home I have it all as well , car , big boat go fishing a lot and 3 homes that is why I come to thailand spend some time with the thai and back home witch makes me love thailand and that is why I come and go , get away from the thai and not put up with the sh?t from my thai and yes there will be people out there who will say when I am away the thai will pay up , well if it happens good up to her .

Would not go so far to say I'm completely unhappy,but for sure wearing thin. So many problems for Thailand cropping up,this 44 thing ,the workers wanting 20% pay rise,rice rubber etc,just non stop and as suggested many times lately the Thais just do not want farang any more,the only thing the Thais have not touched is the retirement visa and as Mr Visa himself stated recently enjoy it (probably while you can) certainly toughening up on the rules.

Feel sorry for all the dogs belonging to farang getting abandoned,see so many posters now wanting someone to take care of them,tried to offload the ones Ive got ,but no takers,would make life far easier if I could get shut

Edited by loppylugs1

Noticed that myself....maybe it's just human nature, a way of looking for support to convince oneself that they are doing the right thing.

If I ever decided to leave Thailand I will be eternally grateful for the wonderful years of happiness it has given me....that can never be taken away from me now.

Really? How do you guys notice something that can't be detected?

• Like 1

Yes difficult for GF ,but how much is Thai wedding at amphur peanuts and it means nothing,get divorced just as easy

"Thai wedding at Amphur. means nothing" you write, but does it help in getting a Visa, Schengen Visa or other one in Portugal or Spain?

Depends than, if you required something in your marriage time and if the bride is willing to divorce, that the divorce can be easy-beasy, whistling.gif

I do not know the specific laws for these countries, sure you had made your informations.

To come into Germany, Austria witha Marriage visa, the bride has to make a spoken and written test in German language skills.. rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Yes difficult for GF ,but how much is Thai wedding at amphur peanuts and it means nothing,get divorced just as easy

"Thai wedding at Amphur. means nothing" you write, but does it help in getting a Visa, Schengen Visa or other one in Portugal or Spain?

Depends than, if you required something in your marriage time and if the bride is willing to divorce, that the divorce can be easy-beasy, whistling.gif

I do not know the specific laws for these countries, sure you had made your informations.

To come into Germany, Austria witha Marriage visa, the bride has to make a spoken and written test in German language skills.. rolleyes.gif

Do not need visa for wife Portugal or Spain,do not know of others ,but doubt need for one in other countries in EU,except UK.

"willing to divorce" next 'plane out Now About the dogs?