A Request to Assist Someone in Need

ysamui

Martin Duffy is attempting to provide a good life and education for his daughter, who will be left behind.

A long time supporter of Thailand, and friend, Martin Duffy, has been given some very bad news. His cancer treatment has not been successful and the doctors have told him he may see Songkran later this month, but will not see this coming Christmas.
I have agreed and disagreed with Martin, online, while we shared our thoughts on many Thai subjects. Whether we agreed or not, we respected each others opinion and this banter only grew the friendship that we now have. We understood each other's intentions and acknowledged that in most cases we wanted the same outcome, however, our decision on which road to take was the only difference.
I have been very fortunate that my life has crossed paths with a man of such good character and high moral standards.
I am asking you to please read the post attached, written by Martin, and help if you can, whether it be financially or simply by re-posting his request anywhere you believe may help.

It is important to note, Martin has enough money to manage his current situation.

Thank you for your time, Terry

Hi,

My name is Martin Duffy, please take 5 minutes to read my story.....

I am 45 years old, from Edinburgh, Scotland and I have a girlfriend called Nueng and a little step-daughter aged 7 called Khaimook.

Nueng and Khaimook both live in Thailand and I live and work in my home country Scotland for 6 months of the year and 6 months with family in Thailand.

Unfortunately I was diagnosed with kidney cancer in September 2013, following an operation to remove my kidney all seemed good till a recent check up confirmed the cancer had returned and is aggressive, and terminal.

My family and myself are devastated to say the least as our dreams have been shattered by this cruel disease, I have maybe months or even weeks to live.

Here goes....my bucket list...very small but very precious to my heart...

My daughter goes to a private school in Thailand because the state schools are horrendous, we both pay and fund this, my partner has a job but as we know the wages are a pittence to Western wages.....we do our best to give our little girl the best eduction and standard of life......she regards me as her Daddy and I love her as my own, without education in Thailand young girls slip through the net...I do not want this to happen....

I would like to try and fund my little girl to ensure she gets a decent education...nothing can be done for me and I have invested every penny into her future but sadly what I have is not enough ....hence this plee for help ....

So my bucket list is small....I want nothing for me but the knowledge that my little girl is safe and happy and my legacy can live along with her through her education and wellbeing ....

Thank you Marty

<<<< Link to donation site removed >>>>

Edited by metisdead