Breakfast

tuky

Eat at home/hotel.

Buy some wheat biscuits at the supermarket, add sliced banana and a handfull of sultanas, pour on the milk and enjoy.

Two slices of brown bread into the toaster, slap on some honey or vegemite..enjoy.

Finish off by mixing milk, milo, egg, a touch of sugar or honey, down the hatch, enjoy.

Healthy as opposed to fried fat. Take your pick. :o

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My typical morning breakfast is a small bowl of fruit meusli, mixed with some all bran and half a weatabix, covered in fat free milk. This is followed by freshly sqeezed orange juice, filter coffeee and a small plate of fresh, mixed fruit. Very tasty, refreshing, healthy and I never get tired of it.

Occasionally, I get a delicious bowl of Kow Tom instead of the cereal, and also very occasionally I'll do myself a couple of lightly poached or scrambled eggs. :o

But.... once in a blue moon... it is lovely to go down town, throw all caution to the wind and pig out on an all fat, greasy, enormous English breakfast.

Lovely Jubbly :D

Not a bad brekkie Mobi.

Half a cup of muesli contains about 220 calories.

If you are using oat bran, that contains only about 40 calories plus high fibre content.

Skim milk, excellent.

Every day at home I eat good old porridge. Half a cup of oats is about 62 calories and I throw in a good handful of sultanas, no brown sugar but full fat milk. :o Porridge is a cholesterol fighter.

This is preceded by freshly squeezed orange juice.

It is followed by home made multi grain toast with honey.

To wash it all down is my blender milkshake of egg, banana, honey and milk.

When in Thailand, I revert to the menu as indicated in my previous post....but.....

........like you, once a week I head into the greasy spoon of the Apex Hotel, Pattaya for a grease fest of crackling fat, washed down with gallons of hot coffee.

Yet I still weigh in at a trim 87 kg. :D

Yet I still weigh in at a trim 87 kg. :o

Back in January I weighed in at around 87.5 kilos. (height 6 ft)

Just weighed myself - 83.4kilos - fairly satisfactory but would like to trim by another kilo or so.

The loss in weight is almost entirely due to 4 months alcohol abstinence (Jan - April) and 8 months beer abstinence. Even moderate amounts of beer play havock with your weight control.

Yorkies gets my vote too... good food and a nice view with sea breeze.

Don't forget to stock up on some garlic and chives sausages whilst you're there... arroy mak mak.

:o

His Cumberland sausage is the best I have tasted, going to try get there today!!!

Juice Bar on Soi Lenki 1, between Soi Bukhao and 3rd Rd (turn opposite Boxing Roo Bar 3rd Rd)

Certainly very good food and value :D

I have tried most of them but I still keep coming back to the sportsman :o in Soi 6. Ron has owned this for more than twenty years so he must be doing somthing right.

Full English Breakfast:

2 slices of bacon

1 sausage (Real)

2 eggs any style.

Fried Potatoes

Fried Tomato.

2 slices thick toast (Real Bread)

Jam

Tea or Coffee

Open 8:30 AM till 11PM

Christ I feel hungry now :D

Spot on ! best all day breakfast in Pattaya. :D

Eat at home/hotel.

Buy some wheat biscuits at the supermarket, add sliced banana and a handfull of sultanas, pour on the milk and enjoy.

Two slices of brown bread into the toaster, slap on some honey or vegemite..enjoy.

Finish off by mixing milk, milo, egg, a touch of sugar or honey, down the hatch, enjoy.

Healthy as opposed to fried fat. Take your pick. :o

Crikey...after eating all that it`s a wonder that you can get off the ground :D

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It provides the energy required to get you to lunch time.

There is nothing better than grilled fox on toast for lunch....with a generous splash of tomato sauce to drown the lice. :o

I agree Jai Dee, the pork and chive sausages are arroy mak maak as well as most of their cooked meats like roast beef, roast pork etc.

Nice to see you back on the forum jingjingna... it's been a while since I've seen you.

:o

Update please Tuky.

It's been 5 days since you started this mouth watering thread :o

Have you been yet? Which one have you chosen? Was it good?

He's currently in Bangkok... maybe due home tonight.

Where do you go for a good brekky here Mr BJ?

There is nothing better than grilled fox on toast for lunch....with a generous splash of tomato sauce to drown the lice. :D

:o:D

Yes I`ve been told that I`m a bit tasty before.....but common tomato sauce is a no no, garlic, a splash of white wine, parsley, bayleaf and a sprig of fresh sage topped with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkling of black pepper........

...the tomato sauce should always be available for the mouse fritter :D

Juice Bar on Soi Lenki 1, between Soi Bukhao and 3rd Rd (turn opposite Boxing Roo Bar 3rd Rd)

Certainly very good food and value :D

I have tried most of them but I still keep coming back to the sportsman :D in Soi 6. Ron has owned this for more than twenty years so he must be doing somthing right.

Full English Breakfast:

2 slices of bacon

1 sausage (Real)

2 eggs any style.

Fried Potatoes

Fried Tomato.

2 slices thick toast (Real Bread)

Jam

Tea or Coffee

Open 8:30 AM till 11PM

Ch

yes they serve a good australian breky also spanish andafrican are also nice :D

ote]

I forgot the "Baked Beans" :o

Update please Tuky.

It's been 5 days since you started this mouth watering thread :o

Have you been yet? Which one have you chosen? Was it good?

He's currently in Bangkok... maybe due home tonight.

Where do you go for a good brekky here Mr BJ?

I usually go to the Butcher's Arms on Soi Boukhao or Pig and Whistle. They are my fav haunts but i've had good one's elsewhere. There's a good one in Jomtien up Soi 4 or 5 i think. Run by a brit.

My main "must" is that the bacon is good and the sausages. Not them Hot Doggy type sausages. Darn it. I'm hungry again :D

Crazy Daves...eat and laugh your way through the meal watching old comedy favourites.

Yorkies.... great suasages and enjoy the sea view.

Bay Watch Cafe....super views of Pattaya Bay, good food and excellent friendly service ( try the pancakes)

Pig & Whistle....good wholesome full platter.

Sportsman soi 6.... great food...busy soi :o

Sportsman soi 13....after full brekkie you won`t need lunch :D

Greg`s kitchen.....listen to Greg`s woes and avoid the sausages

Greg`s kitchen.....listen to Greg`s woes and avoid the sausages

What's wrong with Gregs sausages ? :o

The only thing wrong I have ever found wrong with ANY breakfast place is they all use Nescafe or instant coffee

Is there any where that does REAL coffee and American style ? :D free top ups :D

What's wrong with Gregs sausages ?

I don't know, but the same can be said for the Pig and Whistle!

I know they do their own butchery but the size of the sausages is only half what they used to be and the taste is not so good! :D

In fact, the food overall has gone down both in quality and quantity over the last few months!

And the beer prices have gone up!! :D:D

I've used the Pig & Whistle often over the last 4 years, but the Butchers Arms is now getting my trade.

Come on Bob, get things sorted!! :o:D

The only thing wrong I have ever found wrong with ANY breakfast place is they all use Nescafe or instant coffee

Is there any where that does REAL coffee and American style ? :o free top ups :D

We serve Blue Mountain with the breakfast(up to two largecups), but some people (english) don't know coffee.

I asked one woman ( who I beleive runs a pub somewhere in Patters) what coffee she wanted? Blue Mountain, Mocca, Espresso, Cappacinno? She promply replied. " None of that rubbish. I want REAL coffee. I want NESCAFE"

Is there any where that does REAL coffee and American style ? :o free top ups :D

We serve Blue Mountain with the breakfast(up to two largecups), but some people (english) don't know coffee.

I asked one woman ( who I beleive runs a pub somewhere in Patters) what coffee she wanted? Blue Mountain, Mocca, Espresso, Cappacinno? She promply replied. " None of that rubbish. I want REAL coffee. I want NESCAFE"

Sportsman Soi 6 has real coffe but no free re-fills.

Sportsman Soi 6 is owned by Ron and Sportsman soi 13 is owned by his son and are now in the process of opening a steak house in Jomtien called Manhatten ( I think).

You have beer with your breakfast? :D

Breakfast IS served all day!! :o:D

.........and in most cases, you are still staggering home to bed from the night before.

No sleep yet, a good greasy breakfast and a pint of ale to prevent a headache/hangover. :D *hic*

You have beer with your breakfast? :D

Breakfast IS served all day!! :o:D

.........and in most cases, you are still staggering home to bed from the night before.

No sleep yet, a good greasy breakfast and a pint of ale to prevent a headache/hangover. :D *hic*

And a bit of this :D:D:D:D