Most suicidal occupation?

Having worked security in the past, of course I would have to state security.

Staring at walls 12 hours per day 7 days per week or even making anagrams out of site signs like "fire exit" is enough to put a bullet in your head. Unfortunate for me guns were hard back then and still now to get hold of in the UK.

• Like 1

Last I heard, in America it's dentists.

In Thailand it's expats.

Expats do seem to have a rather high suicide rate in Thailand... It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the bottom...

Dentists....very few see them to discuss good news. plus anxiety. seems horrible. nobody says, 'great, i go to the dentist!!' nobody

i think most professions either try to really "steal" money from others, like real estate agents, lawyers, etc....and i'm sure if they are not rich they will get very depressed. same with wall street jokers...

expats have the isolation, boredom, and soon they realize nobody cares if they live or die. 1 out of 7 billion, who cares. and in thailand, life doesn't seem to be valued like other places...

when you get older, less mobility, harder to work on the language, and soon the beer flows.....very sad, but when poor options are limited....

Edited by puukao

I'm reconsidering, maybe it's that guy who lives by me who stands out by a main road in a superman costume holding up a pizza 2 for the price of 1 sign all day. He must get the piss taken out of him left right centre but still, it's good to see Romanians contributing to society

Edited by Ayutthaya11

The U.S. taxpayer.

I actually worked with a guy who offed himself over taxes. Every day until his demise, for a couple of months he would say, "There are going to be hurt feelings on both sides." But to answer the question, I would say just off the top of my head, "Air Traffic Controller". When I was one, in the U.S. Army almost 50 years ago, they told us if we caused a plane crash we were definitely going to military prison. People's lives were in your hands, often depending on your short term memory. Yikes!!! Not much stress there! I became an electrician when I got out!

Last I heard, in America it's dentists.

In Thailand it's expats.

I once heard dentists too

Mate of mine earns over 300k a year as a dentist in Australia.

He doesn't look to unhappy to me.

Psychiatrists and Psyc nurses. just imagine how it would be listening to peoples problem continually whilst showing some form of empathy. Geriatric nursing would be also depressing .

It’s easy to spot a potential jumper in Thailand who needs to go onto suicide watch it’s the bloke at the bar who skips his round obviously he is having financial difficulties and it’s a slippery slope from there it always starts with some shoddy excuse like I forgot my wallet. and next its bang on the sidewalk

It’s easy to spot a potential jumper in Thailand who needs to go onto suicide watch it’s the bloke at the bar who skips his round obviously he is having financial difficulties and it’s a slippery slope from there it always starts with some shoddy excuse like I forgot my wallet. and next its bang on the sidewalk

How does one differentiate from a genuine potential jumper and a balloon chaser then ?

We have to accept that in Thailand there are those who fancy a spot of balcony diving but one suspects balloon chasers are even more abundant and they have no qualms about skipping out on a round either and are that tight they would dive off a balcony in case their "estate" got charged for the clean up bill

Edited by Soutpeel