Food land

michael18

There is a quite long running thread here in the forum,

I have not seen the construction site on my own.

Going on for a while:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726081-foodland-opening-on-thepprasit/#

The last posts from March say that there is now a sign referring to foodland.

Edited by KhunBENQ

There is a quite long running thread here in the forum,

I have not seen the construction site on my own.

Going on for a while:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726081-foodland-opening-on-thepprasit/#

The last posts from March say that there is now a sign referring to foodland.

That sign has been up since May last year or earlier. (see post #1 on the thread you linked).

Edited by tropo

After months of nothing but a coming soon sign, I see there is large plastic Foodland sign that has recently been placed on the site, Good news, I hope.

Thats what I was referring to.

I am not a witness.

Foodmart will still have the better location. But i think, as soon customers recognize the quality of products and services of Foodland, they will forget Foodmart quickly.

I also believe Foodland takes care good of its employs because many of them working since many years there. They looks also well trained.

Edited by alocacoc

Foodmart will still have the better location...... .

Not so sure about that. Driving, you can approach Foodmart from one direction and you must make a uturn and then fight the traffic at the signal. If Foodland ever opens the access from Thepprasit should be a breeze.

Not so sure about that. Driving, you can approach Foodmart from one direction and you must make a uturn and then fight the traffic at the signal. If Foodland ever opens the access from Thepprasit should be a breeze.

And just up the road on Thepprasit from Foodland will be the new 35 storey Supalai Mare condo building (currently up to about floor 26). There's also the dozen or so smaller condos they've built just off Soi 8 and all the other smaller developments in the area. Plus there's a lot of empty land off Thepprasit around the Supalai Mare area which will probably also end up as residential developments sooner or later. Oh, and the existing TW Palm village and condos on Thepprasit is very close to the Foodland site. And all the big new condo developments south of Thepprasit Soi 17 (Maldives, Dusit, etc.) may well find that Foodland will be the most conveniently located supermarket for them. Perhaps Foodland are being clever and catering for the large number of new developments in the Thepprasit area rather than directly trying to steal the existing Jomtien customer base of Foodmart?

I was at FoodMart @ 5pm today. Staff out numbered customers. Last year I read a interview with the Foodland Bangkok owners. They were going to keep an eye on the economy before deciding when to start building.

And just up the road on Thepprasit from Foodland will be the new 35 storey Supalai Mare condo building (currently up to about floor 26). There's also the dozen or so smaller condos they've built just off Soi 8 and all the other smaller developments in the area. Plus there's a lot of empty land off Thepprasit around the Supalai Mare area which will probably also end up as residential developments sooner or later. Oh, and the existing TW Palm village and condos on Thepprasit is very close to the Foodland site. And all the big new condo developments south of Thepprasit Soi 17 (Maldives, Dusit, etc.) may well find that Foodland will be the most conveniently located supermarket for them. Perhaps Foodland are being clever and catering for the large number of new developments in the Thepprasit area rather than directly trying to steal the existing Jomtien customer base of Foodmart?

It is indeed nice to have thousands of condo's nearby, that is if they ever get finished of course, and the next step would be to have occupants because an empty condo doesn't use much food products.