The family is in town from OZ (Pattaya that is)

n210mp

I wish you and all your family a Happy Easter and Happy Songkran.

Enjoy yourselves.thumbsup.gif

And you too Costas, I am looking forward to seeing the family and the expression on Mama and Papas faces when we arrive In KK

It also occurs to me that we ( the happy families of Thai/Expat integrated families) may well be in the silent majority of those who seldom make comment or complain on public forums.

smile.png

Edited by n210mp
  • Like 2

Actually soi 6 is a wonderful family venture.

So old it died even before you typed it......facepalm.gif

I envy the OP and others with such close family ties and the getting out of the Pattaya mayhem for most of SK. I am sure you will have a blast thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Actually soi 6 is a wonderful family venture.

Actually I suppose if your brains are controlled by your Knob then you are right, the boys and girls down there will soon make you feel part of the family.

However I Just dont believe that any poster with a total post count of just 14 could be so cynicaly bitter and warped.

It normally takes a few thousand posts and plenty of alcohol saturated nights in the company of other obsessives down Soi 6 or another 100 similar venues with nothing better to do then to write such arrant nonsense but I suppose that you were "passed "when you wrote the post anyway , congratulations owd pal you are making a name for yourself already.

On the other hand

Could it be that you are another one of the tired, jaded and boring posters who hides behind a number of Aliases on Thai Visa Forum? .

Just sayin like you did!

Well part of it actually. having a few days with us and then we are all going up to north of KK for Songkran to be with Mama Papa and all the famly

Picked them up from swampy last night.

Wans sister married to an Ozie for the last ten years and her two sons, my nephews, together with Wans brother who married an Ozie lady and to top it all we had one of our nieces from KK down for a bit of a holiday before we all go home to KK for Songkran.

Tonight after a day of eating, talking and just being very happy they are all in the pool, cooling down from what I think has been one of the hottest days we have had for a while.

The reason I mention this is because it is a delight for me to be part of such a fantastically friendly, honest and open family that care about each other and also me!

I have family in the UK that I miss so very much and to be part of such a loving family here in Thailand makes up for not seeing too often my family in the West

Just thought I would post a normal and happy thread on TV Forum for a change

And for the cynical in the last ten years I havnt been asked , emotionally blackmailed for any money by any of my extensive Thai family

Now that is what I like to read here good on you and hop you can stay happy for ever and just love thailand and thai people.
  • Like 1

How much is all this costing you?

Apart from an increased electric and water bill at home in Pattaya nothing at all, the Ozzie lot all have or earn more money than I do, including the kids (Oh they are not kids anymore, just to me).

When we all go to KK I will of course pay the diesel costs for running everyone around but that is what I consider fair and if we go for a meal anywhere I also consider it right and proper to share the bill but it is not expected of me, its all about showing consideration.

As far as mama and Papa are concerned when Wan and I go to KK to see them periodically we always pay the electric bill and any food cost but that is it.

Was this thread intended to be on Facebook, and just got posted here by mistake?

I can fully understand why one should think that way KK but no, it served its purpose ! wink.png

Well part of it actually. having a few days with us and then we are all going up to north of KK for Songkran to be with Mama Papa and all the famly

Picked them up from swampy last night.

Wans sister married to an Ozie for the last ten years and her two sons, my nephews, together with Wans brother who married an Ozie lady and to top it all we had one of our nieces from KK down for a bit of a holiday before we all go home to KK for Songkran.

Tonight after a day of eating, talking and just being very happy they are all in the pool, cooling down from what I think has been one of the hottest days we have had for a while.

The reason I mention this is because it is a delight for me to be part of such a fantastically friendly, honest and open family that care about each other and also me!

I have family in the UK that I miss so very much and to be part of such a loving family here in Thailand makes up for not seeing too often my family in the West

Just thought I would post a normal and happy thread on TV Forum for a change

And for the cynical in the last ten years I havnt been asked , emotionally blackmailed for any money by any of my extensive Thai family

Now that is what I like to read here good on you and hop you can stay happy for ever and just love thailand and thai people.

George owd lad what a nice reply, thanks very much, I feel flattered that we actually agree on something

Just one thing though.

Why do I have this feeling that I dont know if I have been given a clip around the ear or a pat on the head by your post?

On balance I will take it as a "pat on the head"

On loving Thailand and Thai people, I treat all peoples with respect and give all those I meet the chance to reciprocate, it they dont then they normally they dont get a second chance.

Like the dog who bites me once, its the dogs fault, if the dog gets chance to bite me twice then its my fault, same with folk isn't it george?

OP: You're not alone! I've been married with a Thai for 18 years. She was born and raised in Pattaya where we lived for four years & have a house. Her female friends living in Oz ocassionally visited us with their Oz husbands & always a happy get together and visits to the islands.

Now back in Oz, but still have our house in East Pattaya.

All the best...

Peter.

• Like 1

But as you know, she's only with you for the money.( ThaiVisa Folk Lore )

If you can accept that and are not delusional, great, have a good time, I'm in Patts too, Wong Amat Beach, fancy a few scoops, PM me.

• Like 1

But as you know, she's only with you for the money.( ThaiVisa Folk Lore )

If you can accept that and are not delusional, great, have a good time, I'm in Patts too, Wong Amat Beach, fancy a few scoops, PM me.

Course she is, always was, I know that but what a package I bought into, the best.

Now it wasn't because of any good management on my part I can assure you, just the luck of the draw and this is what I have always maintained that Good luck plays an underestimated part in partner selection especially when in younger days I would have been ruled by the small head and not the big one.

It would be nice to put a face to a name and you are most welcome to call in for a tot or two but alas the bar scene doesn't do it for me anymore unless its when we are coming back from a game of golf and we like to have the "craik" and kid the bar ladies a bit that they may actually make a few Baht out of us, they never do but it doesn't stop them trying or us kidding ourselves that we maybe even for a nanosecond in time thought about as anything more than the old farts that we are!

If you get around the Soi Siam CC road anytime near to lake Mabrachan then please pm me for my number, it would be nice to see you

OP: You're not alone! I've been married with a Thai for 18 years. She was born and raised in Pattaya where we lived for four years & have a house. Her female friends living in Oz ocassionally visited us with their Oz husbands & always a happy get together and visits to the islands.

All the best...

Peter.

When you get into town next Peter give me a PM and maybe we could meet up with Banzai, its nice to meet nice people and there are many on this forum.

I know this because of the many responses to help out that I got when I had my recent accident

• Like 1

Took the extended family to town today and whilst they went to the pictures. shopping and enjoyed themselves meeting old friends etc I went for an ExPats day excursion to where?

You guessed it the cheapo food section of Big C otherwise known as Carrefour.

I can remember with some nostalgia shopping in the TESCOs in Oldham on a rainy or cold day and thinking the same thing that this is where people come for a cheap day out keeping themselves warm, just wondering around window shopping etc

It was the same today in Carrefour, all the same hardy annuals were there as were the arm waving French contingent who seemingly never know how to either stop waving their arms around or speak quietly.

Being a regular at the food place normally (whilst waiting for the boss to do the shopping) one gets to know others in the same boat so to speak and today I was well rewarded investing my time in going there after meeting a robust 77 year old Greek man who had lived in Oz for 35 years, lived in Pattaya for the last eight years , been a ships engineer who regaled me with a good hours worth of tales from his very interesting past.

And all this whilst we are watching some very interesting people including some of the most beautiful ladies in the world pass by our table

I really am enjoying my retirement in Pattaya

• Like 1

All the best...

Peter.

When you get into town next Peter give me a PM and maybe we could meet up with Banzai, its nice to meet nice people and there are many on this forum.

I know this because of the many responses to help out that I got when I had my recent accident

Not expecting to be back in Pattaya for a few years, receiving ongoing treatment for a major illness, but will take up your invite upon return.

• Like 1