Please take shower before visiting Pattaya immigration

sojourner007

What a load of dross, similar to the recent post suggesting Japanese airlines seat Farang together, because they stink of "beef and dairy". As if Japanese do not drink milk and eat burgers. Rubbish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by arunsakda
  • Like 1

For a start since they are in a hot country they should try adapting to the asian way by showering at least twice a day hehe

+1...Even with a fresh shower, you'll will be in a full sweat in a few minutes.

Well said!

Sometimes the stench from the dreadlocked hippie filth that turn up at Chiang Mai Immigration in their ragged T-shirts, filthy sandle clad feet is overwhelming. The smell can no longer be blamed on the poor Burmese as they have been whisked away to some other place.

A shower and deodorant is not that expensive, yes it does get hot and sweaty here but in many cases there is no excuse for being a dirty B@ST@RD

This is your quick become rich scheme.

Rent one of the shops at Immigration and charge:

for a quick shower for 20 baht,

long shower 50 baht,

couples 100 baht,

secure box for valuables 50 baht.

SMOKING allowedcheesy.gif

Edited by ronthai

When i flew from Phuket to Bangkok at New Year an olive skinned European was sitting in front of me wearing a singlet and he enjoyed putting his hands behind his

head, which unleashed the most vile smell imaginable, so tapped him on the shoulder and held my nose and pointed to Asian lady opposite who was distraught with the smell

so thankfully he kept arms down for most of the flight.

The Airport bus to Jomtien beats Immigration every time-avoid it if you can!

I forgot about that since I tend to stay in my BKK apartment one night before going to Pattaya. Yes, you get the best-of-the-best post-flight odour assault. But you have to give everyone a little leeway because of that. But a quick trip to the toilet for a touchup with the roll-on deodorant would not go amiss. Hint hint . . .

The worst offenders, IMO, are the 50+ guys with heavy tans and wife beaters. The odour has nowhere to go but up your nose.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

If you think Pattaya is bad try Mozambique. I don't spend much time in the office onshore but when do? Whew! Some of these guys should have a 20 yard exclusion zone around them. They leave a trail 100 yards long behind them when they walk.

For a start since they are in a hot country they should try adapting to the asian way by showering at least twice a day hehe

+1...Even with a fresh shower, you'll will be in a full sweat in a few minutes.

Fresh sweat does not have a strong and offensive odor. To scare people away one has to neglect washing their body for some time. When in Thailand I shower 2-3 times a day and use deodorant. Courtesy to myself and fellow-humans.

• Like 1

apologise to the french, but some years ago when in the uk i held a bar b q for some french lady teachers, (hairy armpit brigade) twinning thingy, this was outside mind you and they stunk out my back garden, sorry to say it was a talking point for a long time after, lol. we wondered if they were unaware or just didnt care, still i suppose if they are all together , it would not matter much.

apologise to the french, but some years ago when in the uk i held a bar b q for some french lady teachers, (hairy armpit brigade) twinning thingy, this was outside mind you and they stunk out my back garden, sorry to say it was a talking point for a long time after, lol. we wondered if they were unaware or just didnt care, still i suppose if they are all together , it would not matter much.

I apologise to the UK guys but some of you take your hatred of the French ridiculously too low rolleyes.gif

"hairy armpit brigade", "twinning thingy", "back garden was stunk out"

If you hate the hairy, stinking French ladies so much why did you invite them ?

Did you have to de-stink your garden after that terrible continental ethnic encounter ?

http://ouiinfrance.com/2012/08/15/myth-of-the-month-french-women-dont-shave/

Edited by jayceenik

Its pattaya. What did u expect.....everyone to smell like roses. I dont even want to try and think what these people would of been doing before they go there.

It is a wonderful thing to be able to pass judgment on "people", when you don't most likely don't know any of them.

Before "they" go there, some have been working in offices, attending social organizations such as Kiwanis and Rotary; shopping at the local supermarket, coming or going to be beach; coming from dropping the kids off at school, coming from meeting friends for coffee; driving in from outlaying areas to get visas, etc.

Illness is something that affects both body and mind. I take of my body and keep my mind out of other peoples business.

• Like 1

Thanks. Just one reason more on my list to avoid the immigration. Good luck to others smile.png

Immigration isn't a place anyone goes to drink & hang out, now is it? Not to say that a bar wouldn't be a welcome addition. But you can avoid it till you're caught, fined, & deported. Good luck to you.

The only solution is to put decontamination chambers just outside for all farangs to pass through before they enter the office proper.

vigilantguard14.jpg

Thai Immigration officials prepare a farang for decontamination before he can submit his 90-day report

Oh NO! Decontamination units at every 7-11 now. I will have to start buying my bread & milk at Tesco!

I think a lot of guys have there shower then put the same stinky sweaty clothes back on I seen guys in the same shirt for days and yes they stink of stale sweat, no matter how much deoderant you put on ,it will not mask the stink.

I am not farang, but I can speak for my fellow farangs. When exploring Thailand, it is very common to become 'one with nature'. This means shower via modern plumbing, heated water, etc... can never be used. I carry around a few homemade buckets of rainwater, but it took me 11 weeks to get enough water to take a proper shower.

note: of course this is not me on the computer...that would be ironic.

Edited by puukao

They probably plan to get showered in the next street after they have done with immigration so why bother before?

You get the odd ripe ones all over town, why should immigration be different?

Wowsers all.

These are the same people who complain about cigarette smoke in a smoking room.

They complain that they can't go into a hotel because there are too many people drinking alcohol.

They believe that the whole world should be regulated to fall in line with what they believe.

They sound like the typical Australian.

Why not put it to immo that they throw in a free shower as a goodwill gesture,and even offer a free laundry service would be hilaririous watching punters waiting inline with bath towels,and wouldn't it be fun for the knicker nickers.

You are one sick puppy clap2.gif

I used to watch even the Filipinos hold their noses when foreigners (especially europeans) would get on the jeepneys.

By all means, shower and deodoorize. Cheese and dairy products do sweat out. Not near as bad as kimchee, but enough to leave seats empty next to you. Standing room on the skytrain is easily had as well

Asians have selective smell. Old food, garbage and dog krap are tolerated..but cheesy smelling farangs are awfully bad. The worst are sweaty leather sandals. Make sure you powder some socks before you put those on....should you need to walk several miles. I made that mistake in laos, and got everyone in the cafe riled up. I wore them so long without socks, and in the rain, that I stopped noticing.

They did not.....my sandals were tracked down and summarily sprayed and expulsed from the premises.

Even though you may not be a walking fashion statement (believe me, most of us fail anyways)...please do protect your sandals and wear the socks....clean ones.

nasty farang tourist!

Edited by slipperylobster

If the queues were shorter no one would be in there long enough to notice the pong.

are you insane? how much stank does a person need to smell every day? you dont seem to mind just smelling it a little while . hmmmm. ... i got a job offer for you, all you have to do is walk in front of me 2 meters and suk up all the stankie fleshy odors,huh.. cant pay you much but will buy u a couple beers every day, but ya gotta somewhere else to drink them, you will have the keester whif about yourself at the days end. :-)